Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Appearance slots hit test

VG is getting appearance slots as part of the Anniversay content.

Apparently on test.

Now playing: VG (after a long break from MMORPGS)
Played for more than a month: Darkfall online, Vanguard SOH, Everquest, Horizons, WoW, SWG, Everquest II, Eve

Comments

• drag9999drag9999 Member Posts: 252

Good to know! They introduced them on EQ2 and it's an awesome feature! I just hope they add the dressing room too, it's very useful.

• ethionethion Member UncommonPosts: 2,888

They already have a dressing room like feature.  Any item you mouse over changes your character appearance to preview what that item looks like on you.

Not as nice as the dressing room in eq2 but it is usable.

---
    Ethion

• GladeousGladeous Member Posts: 49

Does this fix the issue with weps and armor disappearing, fighting naked? I was told that this was the cause. Oh and I thought they already had this feature long time ago.

• EkibiogamiEkibiogami Member UncommonPosts: 2,154

WOOT about time :P

If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude; greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
    —Samuel Adams

• ethionethion Member UncommonPosts: 2,888
    Originally posted by Gladeous

Does this fix the issue with weps and armor disappearing, fighting naked? I was told that this was the cause. Oh and I thought they already had this feature long time ago.

This bug is unrelated to appearance slots.  The bug you refer to is the preview feature.  When you mouse over an item it changes your appearance to show you what the item looks like when you equip it.  However there is a bug where sometimes it doesn't change properly and gets stuck on the wrong appearance.  You can fix this by disabling the preview feature or unequip and reequip the item showing the wrong appearance.   This bug is purely cosmetic.

---
    Ethion