Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EU servers

ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178

So I figure, might aswell give the game an try when to my supprise the English servers are dead. Yet the French and German server are still doing fine. Where did all the none German-French poeple gone to? Would it better for me to just join the Mythic US Trail? Or should I improve my German?

Comments

• LivettLivett Member Posts: 126

From what I understand there are quite a few English speaking playing on the German servers, and even quite a lot of the native German players speak some form of English and are very helpful.

I've recently started on Avalon (thanks to a 2 month game card I picked up for £4.21!) And have already seen a few English people.

The one thing is that the tool tips are in German (ofc) but the rest of the UI is English.

To be honest with you I would try out the US trial and get used to the game. There will be more information regarding the Origins server: here soon and I don't know about the others, but when it does come out. I don't ever see it coming to EU thanks to GOA. 

I at least will be going to the US servers for it. At least there will be a more of a healthy population than there ever will be in EU (And it being in English).

This is the Origins "update" in last Fridays grab bag.

ANNOUNCEMENTS

I know that many of you are eager to know what the status of the Origins server is and can’t wait for an update. I just wanted to let you know that while there isn’t any information to share with you right now, I’m pleased to say that there will be in the weeks ahead. As always keep an eye the Herald for the latest news.

• SyriSyri Member UncommonPosts: 230

I know that some english speaking EU players do play the german servers, I'm not sure though, but I think the majority play the US servers. There's a pretty decent population on some of the US ones at EU prime time, and especially good if you're on late, when the US players start to appear too.

I don't play any more though myself, though I may give Origins a go. If I did play though, it'd be the US servers. Partly as I have friends there, but mostly as I simply prefer not having to deal with the language barrier, no matter how minor it may be.

------------------------------
    Currently playing: Rift

former player of: DAoC, Everquest 2, Guild Wars, SWG (pre-NGE), WoW, Warhammer online, LotR:O

• OgrelinOgrelin Member Posts: 636

I went to the US-Classic servers after the english servers failed, it's a pitty things went like they did :(

I don't play DAoC anymore though, I play WAR! :)