Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

86 billions ISK embezzled from co-worker from Dynasty Banking

Yea, I know that Eve Investment bank run off with what, 823 billions.

But what is the point in it?..That character, and any known mains, will be never be trusted again by any substantial organisation. The player has sacrificed their friendships and that earned trust for in game currency for what its good.. Sure, he can go on to do the same thing again, but they'll have to build up a network of trust in complete isolation from all their previous in-game friends, or they'll be found out So why do it?. Maybe some sort of Farewell and goodbye before you quit the game.

Comments

• heocatheocat Member UncommonPosts: 178

I am sure he was involved with a diferent corp and preplanned it to take down a rival. I have seen these things take year to years to complete. Or one guy felt the corp he was in slighted him and took 2 years to kill it then went to the noob area and gave away the isk to a couple new players!

• damicatzdamicatz Member Posts: 102

More melodrama from the world of EVE.  How quaint.

• x_rast_xx_rast_x Member Posts: 745

Most scams of any kind of magnitude are done with alts created specifically for the task and biomassed as soon as the task is done.  The money is untraceable once it's transferred off the alt.  Some scammers will advertise it anyway though - pirate corps tend not to trust each other anyway (honor amongst thieves and all that), and anyone with that kind of cash doesn't really need financial support from their corp anyway.

There's really nothing you can do to prevent it, but most corps lesson the impact by dividing major assets amongst several holding corps.  Requiring extremely high (>20 million) SP totals for any kind of major trusted position helps as well as the scammer needs to make more than he spends on GTCs on his throwaway alt to make any money at all (currently about 375 million ISK a month).

As for the poster about melodrama - politics is EvE, and all the scumbaggery that goes with it.  Trust, in EvE, is measured in ISK, just like everything else.  

• jagd1jagd1 Member Posts: 281
    Originally posted by x_rast_x

Most scams of any kind of magnitude are done with alts created specifically for the task and biomassed as soon as the task is done. 

I saw him at an empire station docked today and when i talked him before scam he seemed very straight and open guy .this is first time im wrong about someone in eve  ,guy have a huge talent if it was planned before start .

Edit: : He  was at dynasty bank for only 1 month iirc but sold bonds and collected big iskes at MD