Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A Few Questions...

MangoStarMangoStar Member Posts: 93

well after buying TSO and liking it till finding out you cant pvp at all on a normal server unless you use the arena and from what i have heard no one uses it. then i rerolled on Nagafen and being bored of both of the good starting areas and not trying any thing else i just quit playing and now i dont think i gave it a fair shot and have a few questions before i decide to use the rest of my 30 days i have that i get for free which is alteast 25 days but here are the questions: oh and BTW im Knived11

1) what is EQII PvP really like?

2) should i try the other side(evil)?

3) once i get past the starting zone where do i need to go to keep leveling?(timorous deep is where ill be starting prolly)

4) would it help make it more interesting if i read some EQII lore? if so where can i find EQII lore?

5) is there any kind of guide that will help me pick what class i want to be?

6) is there a list of dungeons/instances? if so where can i find em?

7) what level can i do the first dungeon/instance?

8) are EQIIs dungeons harder/require more stradegy and skill than WoW's?

9) playing about 4-5 hours a day and about 10 hours on the weekend how long should it take me to reach level 80, no i dont wanna skip mid-game im just curious.

and thats about it thanks in advance for all responses

PC Specs:
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 2.6GH
DDR2 Ram: 2G
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT 512MB

Comments

• MangoStarMangoStar Member Posts: 93

anyone?...please?

PC Specs:

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

1) what is EQII PvP really like?

- no idea, never trie

- factions largely dont matter, everyone can team together regardless of faction

3) once i get past the starting zone where do i need to go to keep leveling?(timorous deep is where ill be starting prolly)

- solo guide for all levels

eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Solo_Timelines

4) would it help make it more interesting if i read some EQII lore? if so where can i find EQII lore?

www.lorelibrary.com/

- I've posted about classes in the sticky at the top of this forum

www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/142706/page/1

or can look at wiki

eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Class

6) is there a list of dungeons/instances? if so wherecan i find em?

eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Heroic_Timeline

eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Instances_by_Zone

7) what level can i do the first dungeon/instance?

12+   Wailing Caves

eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Wailing_Caves_Timeline

- all a matter of opinion,

but EQ2 has public dungeons where you will see other groups, unlike WOW

9) playing about 4-5 hours a day and about 10 hours on the weekend how long should it take me to reach level 80, no i dont wanna skip mid-game im just curious.

- I dont know, before they made exp faster, it used to take me 4-5 months,  

it's probably 2-3 months now

thanks Nadia

PC Specs:

• MMORPDEATHMMORPDEATH Member Posts: 414
    Originally posted by MangoStar

well after buying TSO and liking it till finding out you cant pvp at all on a normal server unless you use the arena and from what i have heard no one uses it. then i rerolled on Nagafen and being bored of both of the good starting areas and not trying any thing else i just quit playing and now i dont think i gave it a fair shot and have a few questions before i decide to use the rest of my 30 days i have that i get for free which is alteast 25 days but here are the questions: oh and BTW im Knived11

makes sense. PVE only servers=fail IMO.

1) what is EQII PvP really like?

Team Gankfest. I like it. Its like WOW except money drops, basically. The biggest problem is that you run out of content more quickly. I have been all but forced to level in that unbelievably awful nektulos forest(setting is great but the quests are the worst and no one does the solid adventure pack content there) because the other territories in that level range are cut off.  Butcherblock mountains is a contested  warzone and Antonica is deep in Qeynos territory.

Of course. Qeynos is so disgustinly syrupy and generic, i cant stand it.

Depends on the side. Commonlands if Freeport. Antonica if Qeynos.

4) would it help make it more interesting if i read some EQII lore? if so where can i find EQII lore?

Yes, but EQ 2 lore is a basketcase hodgepodge unfortunately. The art design speaks to depth but while EQ2 created possibly the most immersive MMO world, it really lacks in the pure lore department.

Yes, but go to eq2flames to find out what pvp class to be. Just like you lose content on the pvp server, you also lose efficacy for some classes. Sincei t is gank style pvp, stealthers own all. You can do well with other classes though as long as you get a decent warning before gankage and you learn the game's economy to buy good gear(I never have).

Basically the same.

Supposedly the grind is cut down, but you know how there is that brick wall in WOW around lvl 40 relative to prior levels? EQ2's starts at 20. Keep in mind that I say this having only played on the pvp sever where constant ganking occurs and it does take longer to level.

and thats about it thanks in advance for all responses

There. I might be the only person here who has played EQ2 pvp even though I have never been higher than lvl 40. I will say that even though the zoning is borked for pvp and the classes/zones that pvp takes away from the game can be troubling, I keep coming back. Eq2 has created probably the best pve world as far as immersion in my opinion, and the pvp really isnt that bad either if you liked WOW pvp.

Extremism in the defense of Liberty is no vice.

• gatherisgatheris Member UncommonPosts: 1,016

i have played on nagafen with a RL friend - pvp on EQII is a waste of time - seriously

maybe i have looked at it wrongly but there are NO!!! fair fights - period - you are ganked by pimped out characters - forget what the proper term is but you have high level characters that have made lower level ones that are totaly armored and skilled out (knowledge is power)

if you aren't ganked by a large group you are attacked by one of these pimped out characters that basically one shot you (from behind more or less)

possibly joining a large guild will save your ass but other than that i can't see wasting time on EQII PVP - after painfully making it to level - maybe 40? - rerolled on PVE and had much more fun exploring and crafting

of course with the new cash shop wouldn't think of playing EQII ever again

Originally posted by gatheris

lol the cash shop only sells XP Potions and Fluff and everyone gets the XP Potions for playing EQ2 for x amount of time. but to each his own i guess. and thanks for telling me cause i only like PvP when its balanced so looks like ill just be rolling on a PvE server prolly Blackburrow and on here play on that server?

PC Specs:

• Jeff44Jeff44 Member Posts: 459
    Originally posted by MangoStar

Originally posted by gatheris

lol the cash shop only sells XP Potions and Fluff and everyone gets the XP Potions for playing EQ2 for x amount of time.

Sorry Mango, but that is untrue.

While it is true that everyone, if they stay in the game, receives one each of three watered-down, lesser-powered versions of the +exp potion that is for sale from Station Cash, the fact is (and how many more times must we repeat this) that you get only one of each.

One.

You can "buy" more of the lesser-powered potions in game, by spending your "faction points" and your gold/plat, but in order to do so you have to "grind faction" with that particular society in order to earn the points. That, of course, entails actually playing the game.

So, again, let's recap:

It is misleading and untrue to attempt to equate the manner in which each player gets one each of three lesser-powered exp. potions in the game as a veteran reward, and the ability to buy more of the watered-down +exp./tradeskill/AA potions with currency EARNED in the game, with the ability to buy more potent +exp./tradeskill/AA potions by using actual money to purchase Station Cash.

It is not a hard concept, but still people get it wrong. 

user
  • lakehunterlakehunter Member Posts: 21

I played on Nagafen with 3 RL friends also... got my warden to 60... and loved the PvP,....sure it is a gankfest sometimes but with the level restrictions your not going to get ganked by a 70 while your level 20.. Look I am not a hardcore Pvp'er I  just wanted to add an extra element to the gameplay and I thought it was more exciting then the regular server that I started on. ... I understand PvP is not for everyone and I am by no means flaming anybody elses opinion... but give it a try.  I  (an admitted carebear)  did and throughly enjoyed the experience.