Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ipod to pc

ArndurArndur Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,202

So after my third Ipod dieing Im done with apple(best buy too as my warranty doesn't cover my current problem.......). Is there a way to rip my songs from itunes or my ipod so that I can use a different MP3 player.

Hold on Snow Leopard, imma let you finish, but Windows had one of the best operating systems of all time.

If the Powerball lottery was like Lotro, nobody would win for 2 years, and then everyone in Nebraska would win on the same day.
And then Nebraska would get nerfed.-pinkwood lotro fourms

AMD 4800 2.4ghz-3GB RAM 533mhz-EVGA 9500GT 512mb-320gb HD

Comments

• tvalentinetvalentine Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,216

i would also like to know if i can rip music from my ipod. I've gone through 3 computers of music, so my third computer doesnt have all my music that is on my ipod, and i would feel better knowing that if my ipod breaks, i wont lose all my music.

Playing: EVE Online
    Favorite MMOs: WoW, SWG Pre-cu, Lineage 2, UO, EQ, EVE online
    Looking forward to: Archeage, Kingdom Under Fire 2
    KUF2's Official Website - http://www.kufii.com/ENG/ -

• ArndurArndur Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,202
    Originally posted by tvalentine

i would also like to know if i can rip music from my ipod. I've gone through 3 computers of music, so my third computer doesnt have all my music that is on my ipod, and i would feel better knowing that if my ipod breaks, i wont lose all my music.

well cucusoft can rip it from your ipod to itunes(had that same problem) I just can't find a way to make it export to something other then itunes.

Hold on Snow Leopard, imma let you finish, but Windows had one of the best operating systems of all time.

If the Powerball lottery was like Lotro, nobody would win for 2 years, and then everyone in Nebraska would win on the same day.

Originally posted by Arndur

well cucusoft can rip it from your ipod to itunes(had that same problem) I just can't find a way to make it export to something other then itunes.

although it costs 30$ i think its worth it. Thanks for the info, this definetly helps.

and you should just be able to drag the music from your library to a file. What you might need is a music file converter that converts the itunes format (mp4 or something) to what ever format is compatible with whatever your moving the music to.

my music files in vista are C:UsersThomas ValentineMusiciTunesiTunes Music

hope this helps some....

although it costs 30$ i think its worth it. Thanks for the info, this definetly helps.

and you should just be able to drag the music from your library to a file. What you might need is a music file converter that converts the itunes format (mp4 or something) to what ever format is compatible with whatever your moving the music to.

hope this helps some....

So can I convert straight from Itunes or do I need to convert the stuff from my cucusoft backup?

hope this helps some....

So can I convert straight from Itunes or do I need to convert the stuff from my cucusoft backup?

you should be able to convert straight from itunes. What program are you transferring your music to?

hope this helps some....

you should be able to convert straight from itunes. What program are you transferring your music to?

Well Im prolly going to go zune so that. I had a fre m4a ot mp3 converter but WMP wouldnt take the files like it should have.

zune player ftw. Picked up all my songs. Looks like the only things Ill lose are my vids and podcast but zune has the podcast I would want.