Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

3 amazing Aion vids

Calind0rCalind0r Member Posts: 735

Just thought I'd post these, they're made by persepha from Aionsource...and I think they are amazing quality/editing, and give the perfect idea of how Aion looks and feels, although the Elyos side is a little bit brighter.

anyway here they are:

Duo PvP vid...amazing intro.

Asmodian Sorceress.

Elyos Chanter.

and of course watch in HD, in the comment to each there are links to dl full size.

Comments

• AselliaAsellia Member UncommonPosts: 174

Honestly, I haven't been following this game, but i'm wondering. What's so special about this game? It looks like every other MMORPG, except lesser cast times and faster movement speed.

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

What's so special about any game is the fun factor. Just because a game has new features does not mean it will be fun.

Aion is fun to play and that is good enough for me.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

Originally posted by stayontarget

What's so special about any game is the fun factor. Just because a game has new features does not mean it will be fun.
    Aion is fun to play and that is good enough for me.

I dunno, to me it looks like every other MMOs gameplay. Maybe there's some other features around, but combat is still the same from what I saw in these videos.

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001

nothing really special, just a few nice perks like combos and air fighting

NCsoft never promised anything special about Aion just a good old fashioned mmorpg

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

• Calind0rCalind0r Member Posts: 735

Faster cast times :O...you must have never played L2. and most of the sorc video is sped up.

Its not what Aion does different, its what it does better. And if you really want different, theres flight and combat while flying, combo skill chain system, NPC race that acts as player faction participating in open PvP events.

And how do you really expect skill usage or movement to be different? I mean its using a combo chain system...do you expect there to be no buttons to press for skills or diffrerent movement controls? How different must a game be?

And stuff like movement, skill usage are only the surface of a MMO. What matters is its content, like end game objectives, what you spend your time doing...Thats where Aion really wins, its taking the best things of all games and refining them. My favourite feature is that all the PvP and its rewards are based on open world PvP, like ganking in the abyss, or castle sieges and raid boss PvP's...how PvP(vE) is integrated into all aspects of the game, rather than being something separate that you participate in by joining an arena when you feel like it....arena style PvP simply can't compare to a game based on open world PvP.

Originally posted by Calind0r

Faster cast times :O...you must have never played L2. and most of the sorc video is sped up.
    Its not what Aion does different, its what it does better. And if you really want different, theres flight and combat while flying, combo skill chain system, NPC race that acts as player faction participating in open PvP events.
    And how do you really expect skill usage or movement to be different? I mean its using a combo chain system...do you expect there to be no buttons to press for skills or diffrerent movement controls? How different must a game be?
    And stuff like movement, skill usage are only the surface of a MMO. What matters is its content, like end game objectives, what you spend your time doing...Thats where Aion really wins, its taking the best things of all games and refining them. My favourite feature is that all the PvP and its rewards are based on open world PvP, like ganking in the abyss, or castle sieges and raid boss PvP's...how PvP(vE) is integrated into all aspects of the game, rather than being something separate that you participate in by joining an arena when you feel like it....arena style PvP simply can't compare to a game based on open world PvP.

I dunno, completely new combat system? Aiming attacks, guns firing, lock-on as opposed to target and auto attack? Blocking? Actual Dodging?

I don't agree with today's MMO movement of making crap better, it's still crap.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,011

Thanks Calindor, good find.

Damn, I wish this would release.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • Calind0rCalind0r Member Posts: 735
    Originally posted by zidane01970

I dunno, completely new combat system? Aiming attacks, guns firing, lock-on as opposed to target and auto attack? Blocking? Actual Dodging?

Well I for one like MMORPGs, not MMO action fighters or MMO fps', although they might be good, this is a RPG game. I for one wouldnt be slightly interested in Aion if you had to aim attacks like Oblivion, or have real time dodging controls, its not that kind of game. I guess your complaint is more of the MMO industry in general. But look into Blade and Soul...if you want action fighting in real time, check it out...its by the same company, it wouldnt make sense for them to make 2 similar games.

I think your a little confused. What you are looking for is a FPS game and not an mmo.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

No, i'm looking for an MMORPG that isn't boring. It's not THAT difficult to do.

Just come back in a month or two, try out the free trial and see if its for you or not.

• RavanosRavanos Member Posts: 897

have you tried a FPS? might be a better genre for you. I am personally tired of twitch infesting my RPG so that some A.D.D. kid can circle strafe his way to victory. If I want to play twitch fest games I would load up LOTR Conquest.

• tvalentinetvalentine Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,216

i really liked that pvp video, even though half the time it was 2v1. I havent been this hyped about a game for a long time.

Playing: EVE Online
    Favorite MMOs: WoW, SWG Pre-cu, Lineage 2, UO, EQ, EVE online
    Looking forward to: Archeage, Kingdom Under Fire 2
    KUF2's Official Website - http://www.kufii.com/ENG/ -

• CyntheCynthe Member UncommonPosts: 1,414

No, i'm looking for an MMORPG that isn't boring. It's not THAT difficult to do.

If you find ALL current MMOs boring, then the genre is not for you.

The end. Listen to the good folks here. :D

(,,,)=^__^=(,,,)

• PittyHPittyH Member Posts: 116

Looks good, i'll try it

my web design: www.advancedws.com.au

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

Aion right now is nothing more than eye candy. The real test will be to see how well it plays. The graphics do look good though.

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001
    Originally posted by SaintViktor

Aion right now is nothing more than eye candy. The real test will be to see how well it plays. The graphics do look good though.

well its out in korea and has been a huge sucess so far :D

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

• GoldenDogGoldenDog Member Posts: 586

The vid looks good. 

Graphics are the hawtness.

Gameplay seems entertaining.  I've read through all of Aionsource.

LineageII | LoTRO | RFO | 9Dragons | Aion | Perfect World | Ether Saga | Dungeon Runners | GuildWars 1 and 2 | Hellgate London | tCoS | Warhammer | AoC | Tabula Rasa | SWTOR
    youtube.com/gcidogmeat
  • LocklainLocklain Member Posts: 2,154

It plays very well for as good as it looks.  With max settings I run at anywhere from 40-170fps depending on how many people are around.  Granted my computer is a little bit more than most.  If you are not into flashy animations (or if it sends you into convulsions) you may want to stay away from Aion. 

As far as game play goes, it is your run of the mill MMO with a few additional toys to play with.

It's a Jeep thing. . .
    _______
    |___image|
    \_______/
    = image||||||image =
    |X| \*........*/ |X|
    |X|_________|X|
    You wouldn't understand
  • ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690
    Originally posted by Locklain

It plays very well for as good as it looks.  With max settings I run at anywhere from 40-170fps depending on how many people are around.  Granted my computer is a little bit more than most.  If you are not into flashy animations (or if it sends you into convulsions) you may want to stay away from Aion. 

As far as game play goes, it is your run of the mill MMO with a few additional toys to play with.

Well I guess we shall see. I might give it a try when it releases in NA.