Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vanguard the future of MMOs now and those to come

Vanguard has the most intriguing combat plus counter combat system in any mmo. Its depth and openness is unmatched and the sheer size of the game is immense. Now I know this may frighten some of you instant twitch noobs but there is something about having an avatar that you constantly work on over constantly creating new avatars. “Constantly working on one avatar over constantly creating a new avatar or an alt” I said it twice so fck you. Spheres & game play. Oh look I want to kill stuff cool oh look I just want to craft stuff but not actually have to kill stuff just to level my crafting skill. YES English I can level my crafting to max level without having to kill one thing. YOU CAN NOT DO THIS IN ANY other game PERIOD. Casting while moving is totally awesome with a speed  reduction this is also exclusive.  Who cares why any one would want to craft only and all the way to max level or even if they should but hell people do, it and it actually makes things work and valuable. Or maybe you just like playing magic the gathering type card game online and in a mmo concept, not my cup of tea but still so many things.

Now the hitches glitches and utter annoyance with game play in the early levels is a little tedious at times. Now I aim to offend! If you insist on running Vanguard on anything less then a P4 with less then 2gigs of ram or Dual core system with Vista on less then 3 gigs then aim to be disappointed don’t bother get back on your PlayStaion or Xbox 360because if you have less then 2gig of ram 2day with it being so cheap an d all you are not a PC gamer. FACT! You also don’t need a dual crossfire 3 monitor set up either to be a PC gamer but know a good amount of ram and a decent Video card for $150-$350 is usually a must. Anything less and your PS3 and Xbox360 are better gaming choices for your budget seriously! Yes seriously!  Hopefully Windows 7 will alleviate some gaming issues on the Vista platforms. 

Now let’s define glitches! Glitches are computer anomalies and hiccups and  most of the is  poorly written and executed coding. Usually this results in a hang while passing through chunks of the world or poor character drawing in tight building or lag spikes due to Video Rendering. These things do occur less then 1% of the time so if you play for 4 hours a night you may or may not be affected by a whole 5 minutes throughout the night in 2 maybe 3 second intervals. However if you have a brain if when in an area with heavy draw you just give you PC time to store and draw the scene its works out fine. Vanguard doesn’t have wallpaper worlds it has moving trees blowing grass defined shadows real world day and night lighting this isn’t a game running on WoW speccs. IE. P3 800 MHz 512 ram yeah???? Now I will hear all you people cry and complain but let me state this WOW still has bugs you choose to ignore them so you can bear hump my face with that crap as season 2 gear you wearing because you couldn’t earn the current level. OMG Darlaran need I say more lag fest and its horrible. Vanguards tech issues work out for the most part at the level 15-18 areas.  They are working more on present content then newbie areas so bear with it, its not like people state.  If you have the right machine itll be fine dont fool yourself and tell me your running a new system and still having problems you are a dumb ass and I am not sure what to tell you, even crysis on its release was a little ruff it still had its work arounds.

If you expect something to work 100% then you are an idiot a big idiot you know why NOTHING WORKS 100% of the time not even your dull life. Now get a decent rig and stay away from trial isle OMG I’m not sure why this was put in but it’s horrible and realize what you are missing in an mmo. This will require more then 5 minutes of playing and expecting all your spells and skills in 5 minutes I;d say it will take you 10-20 hours as a first timer to really understand all the faces of Vanguard to trully appreciate it as an mmo. Now that you are in the game enjoy yourself experiment with the world the ideas the boats the crafting the killing the open dungeons the world of Telon.

Logging on to Vanguard is not about being max level today .  Don't come to Vanagurd with a WOW or Lotro mindset is just going to make your life hellish. Why do you play an MMO to solo all the time.

The one thing you have to understand is that everyone playing Vanguard knows that around 30 it’s a group game so the general mindset of its players are groupies come on people how many times do you sit in Shatt Darlaran to have a cookie cutter group to run a heroic when your friends are off line. Think about that don’t answer but understand that the more people who are in group mentality the more the gamer understands that being in a group is important thus making a larger community of people who are accustomed to regularly grouping and the mindset that comes with it. You wont see crying over lewt drops in Vanaguard like other mmos.  The community is more group based then solo and you are rewarded for grouping so the group thought is everything in time.  The other thing is you don't really run dungeons the same way you do in other games.  Just look at all the wings of APW you will see what I mean.  Understanding the grouping principle is key to Vanguard. 

http://www.soresha.net/infomap/image/InfoMap_v2.0_APW_Full.jpg

Most grouping is 2-3 players while leveling typical dungeon group is six allows for more diversity in the group.

Its like an automatic transmission, sure you can drive it like a standard shift vehicle but it works best in automatic drive yes! Same as Vanguard sure you can level to max level might be pretty boring but it’s really meant to be played jointly. We use to play wow this way but then all you tards cried 2much because you couldn’t function in a team environment

Review try Vanguard trial but dont start in trial isle and have the patience to understand the game by following the first few quests which will guide for a short time and finally make sure you have a computer that isnt really old people.

Comments

• BakpohpBakpohp Member Posts: 21
    Originally posted by gexz7

I can level my crafting to max level without having to kill one thing. YOU CAN NOT DO THIS ION ANY other game PERIOD.

Atlantica.

Autocraft

• gexz7gexz7 Member Posts: 131
    Originally posted by Bakpohp

I can level my crafting to max level without having to kill one thing. YOU CAN NOT DO THIS ION ANY other game PERIOD.

Atlantica seriously you have to do better

Autocraft what is this game I am not be rude but I have never heard of it

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355

Is this essay one of those randomly computer generated ones?  It has about that level of coherence and random tangents. 

While Atlantica is an example of a game where you can level crafting without killing anything, that's kind of a technical, nit-picky one, as in order to craft, you'll need to get materials, and in order to get materials, you'll have to kill things.  I guess you could technically have a crafting alt, but that would be a major pain and not have any real point.

A Tale in the Desert is a much better example of a game where you don't have to kill anything to level crafting.  This is partially because there isn't really anything to kill.  Well, I guess you can kind of kill vegetables and flax and that sort of thing when you harvest them, but that's not the same as killing monsters. 

Originally posted by Quizzical

While Atlantica is an example of a game where you can level crafting without killing anything, that's kind of a technical, nit-picky one, as in order to craft, you'll need to get materials, and in order to get materials, you'll have to kill things.  I guess you could technically have a crafting alt, but that would be a major pain and not have any real point.
    A Tale in the Desert is a much better example of a game where you don't have to kill anything to level crafting.  This is partially because there isn't really anything to kill.  Well, I guess you can kind of kill vegetables and flax and that sort of thing when you harvest them, but that's not the same as killing monsters. 

I am lost here but in Vanguard crafting materials coming from harvesting skill another Vanguard player might chime in here but Im pretty sure nothing of high importance from crafting drops of any killed mobs

• vladwwvladww Member UncommonPosts: 417

Vanguard has been dumbed down to pieces by SOE & Silius .

Crafting, Boating, Exploring, Diplo, Startup Factions, PvP (sartok),  etc.. all these original great ideas have been made useless during the last couple of years.

Think NGE over a longer period of time. And to this day, the game is still laggy in cities and full of bugs.

If Vanguard is the future mmo of all, then Sims Online is the future of the FPS genre

And yeah, you can craft every single ingame items in Atlantica Online, ( from orbs to quest books, armors to fishing rods) .. without ever killing a single mob (autocraft).

Ryzom is another exemple for pure harvester/crafter choice.

Playing : Uncharted Waters Online

There are a lot of items in Atlantica that cannot be crafted.  If you're looking for a crafting game and don't wish to fight, Atlantica is a terrible choice, though.  A Tale in the Desert would be much better for that. 

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508

ROFL.  Did you really try to call VG the game of the future by leading off with crafting? Seriously?

I could go through this wall o' text line by line and in just about every sentence show why EVE is superior to VG in almost everyway, but I think I 'll spare everyone the pain.

Its just not worth the effort.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• EkibiogamiEkibiogami Member UncommonPosts: 2,154
    Originally posted by Kyleran

ROFL.  Did you really try to call VG the game of the future by leading off with crafting? Seriously?
    I could go through this wall o' text line by line and in just about every sentence show why EVE is superior to VG in almost everyway, but I think I 'll spare everyone the pain.

While I agree with you 100% I still want Vanguard to Inprove and Id like it to move Closer to Eve in a few areas :P

If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude; greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
    —Samuel Adams

• patrikd23patrikd23 Member UncommonPosts: 1,155

HA HA HA

• VistaakahVistaakah Member Posts: 176

At release though buggy beyond recognition it was a beautful game graphically but it doesn't change the facts that its just another clone of everything beyond EQ1 when it comes down to it. Grind and level just doesnt cut it anymore in an MMORPG. We the veteran players need more to do then just level and get nice gear. I did like the political system they put in  which was a nice touch. The future of gaming is actually in developers producing a game that the players pretty much have total control over the flow and outcome of it. Again after playing MMO's since basically there inception nobody can seem to produce a game thats not only challenging but interesting to play anymore.

• EkibiogamiEkibiogami Member UncommonPosts: 2,154
    Originally posted by Vistaakah

At release though buggy beyond recognition it was a beautful game graphically but it doesn't change the facts that its just another clone of everything beyond EQ1 when it comes down to it. Grind and level just doesnt cut it anymore in an MMORPG. We the veteran players need more to do then just level and get nice gear. I did like the political system they put in  which was a nice touch. The future of gaming is actually in developers producing a game that the players pretty much have total control over the flow and outcome of it. Again after playing MMO's since basically there inception nobody can seem to produce a game thats not only challenging but interesting to play anymore.

That... Would Be Eve.... Over that way <<<<<<<<

If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude; greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
    —Samuel Adams

• neonwireneonwire Member Posts: 1,787

Dont buy into this! I think there is currently a wave of people posting long positive adverts for Vanguard. I replied to another one just like this one about 15 minutes ago. I dont know if they are employees or devoted fans but it seems like every couple of months they come out in full force and start trying to sell Vanguard as the best thing around.

If Vanguard was really such a good game then loads of people would be playing it. However they arent playing it because the majority of them know exactly how terrible it actually is. Unfortunately I get the impression that a large number of its devoteed desciples are true emo roleplayer drama queens which is why we see this level of blind devotion rising up every now and again. Its always the same old message too. Vanguard is improved, Vanguard has great graphics, Vanguard has huge amounts of content, Vanguard has a giant world to explore blah blah blah.

How about.......

Vanguard is improved........but it still looks, feels and plays like shit in comparison to other more successful mmos.

Vanguard has great graphics.........if you havent played a computer game for at least 10 years.

Vanguard has huge amounts of content...........yeah about as much content as any other mmo. Its got all the same old boring "kill this & fetch that" quests that everyone is all too familiar with. More content = more of the same (aka cut & paste).

Vanguard has a giant world to explore...........and its mostly empty, boring to wander around in and crap to look at. The funny thing is that other mmos have recognised how boring it is to wander around a 3d landscape looking for something to do and so they added features which make it quicker and easier for players to grind through quests. Vanguard however simply removes the quest markers.......so basicly its EXACTLY the same as every other mmo except that it has the additional "challenge" of not knowing where they all are. THIS is what your average Vanguard desciple uses as a selling point. The lack of a feature IS a feature. Hilarious!

Vanguard HAS improved since its launch but its still a pretty useless game. It used to be awful. Now its just crap.

• AtomicAtomic Member UncommonPosts: 46

Have you ever played the game, and i mean "really" played it? No you havent...you have no clue what your talking about, all 3 spheres are important for success. Vanguard is the EVE-Online of Fantasy-Games...its a game for the thinker. Oh and there is no "i-win" button, think that annoys you.

• MykellMykell Member UncommonPosts: 780

I liked Vanguard (played from beta to 15 months after launch) but it will never get the subscribers it needs to fund decent development.

Some friends of mine went back for a free month and while they said the starter island was well done and they liked fishing they still all quit after a week due to feeling bored and having done it all already.

With the state VG was released in it never had a chance imo. And we all blame Brad for that.

Originally posted by Atomic

Have you ever played the game, and i mean "really" played it? No you havent...you have no clue what your talking about, all 3 spheres are important for success. Vanguard is the EVE-Online of Fantasy-Games...its a game for the thinker. Oh and there is no "i-win" button, think that annoys you.

You do not have to do every sphere to have success I am not sure where you got this

Originally posted by neonwire

Dont buy into this! I think there is currently a wave of people posting long positive adverts for Vanguard. I replied to another one just like this one about 15 minutes ago. I dont know if they are employees or devoted fans but it seems like every couple of months they come out in full force and start trying to sell Vanguard as the best thing around.
    If Vanguard was really such a good game then loads of people would be playing it. However they arent playing it because the majority of them know exactly how terrible it actually is. Unfortunately I get the impression that a large number of its devoteed desciples are true emo roleplayer drama queens which is why we see this level of blind devotion rising up every now and again. Its always the same old message too. Vanguard is improved, Vanguard has great graphics, Vanguard has huge amounts of content, Vanguard has a giant world to explore blah blah blah.
    How about.......
    Vanguard is improved........but it still looks, feels and plays like shit in comparison to other more successful mmos.
    Vanguard has great graphics.........if you havent played a computer game for at least 10 years.
    Vanguard has huge amounts of content...........yeah about as much content as any other mmo. Its got all the same old boring "kill this & fetch that" quests that everyone is all too familiar with. More content = more of the same (aka cut & paste).
    Vanguard has a giant world to explore...........and its mostly empty, boring to wander around in and crap to look at. The funny thing is that other mmos have recognised how boring it is to wander around a 3d landscape looking for something to do and so they added features which make it quicker and easier for players to grind through quests. Vanguard however simply removes the quest markers.......so basicly its EXACTLY the same as every other mmo except that it has the additional "challenge" of not knowing where they all are. THIS is what your average Vanguard desciple uses as a selling point. The lack of a feature IS a feature. Hilarious!
    Vanguard HAS improved since its launch but its still a pretty useless game. It used to be awful. Now its just crap.

Not a fanboy I have just decided that where the state of the  mmo is right this moment that I will resub here and out of all the mmo slated for development this still wins tech issues aside

1. Darkfall well lets not go there

2. Wow kids play and boring of all the mmos this one doesnt even dangle the carrot in front of you it just feeds it to you a big bucket of carrots.

3. EQ2 cash shop yay

4. EVE online awesome if youlike sims

5. vangaurd does have a quest tracker always has it only marks the quest your on instead of everyquest yopu hold

6. Graphics do pawn all others in realism and feeling like combat is real.

7. The old republic yeah we wont see that for a while

8. Warhammer meh no pve at all

9. Lotoro good but only if you are into lotro of all the mmo's this mimicks wow the most

I'm just saying when you really think about all of Vanguards launch problems development hiccups and problems its still here and new mini x pack out soon.  On top of that it is fun and imeresive I just re subbed a few days ago after a month of utter boredom trying every other mmo out again

Originally posted by Kyleran

I was pointing out all of its features once again dumb azzs who take one point and wide it I was staing what you could od.

EVE does rock but again only if you are into simms and have time real time, maybe if EVE just dropped the ral time issue maybe a a half a day in the real world could be a whole day in game

I mean 75 days to train some things is a little harsh and lets not talk about the bug that you all manipulated that allowed you to level more offline then online.  So if we are going to flame lets flame all of it

Ok time to play right now so I will leave all of you with this.  Everyone who has posted has stated a game that was better or further complained about the tech issues, but what you have failed to do is still downgrade the game mechanics so even though there seems to be a ton of posters none of you have actually stated that the ideas behind Vanguard are bad

This is my point and why after everything settles Vanguard will be the future of mmo I mean the only thing diffrent then Darkfall that I can see is that Darkfall has no classes to start but you all know that sooner or later cookie cutter builds will even come to a game like Darkfall

• HarafnirHarafnir Member UncommonPosts: 1,350

Talk about a waste o flife.. yours and any readers... The "Your computer can't cut it!" did not work at release and sure as hell don't work now, a few years later where a K Mart budget can has the power to push Vanguard without breaking a sweat.

And the whole idea that people on MMORPG.com where a lot of people have been playing MMOs since UO or before that.. heck, played MMOs through the postal service before there was internet... do not know or understand the glory of Vanguard.. or have not seen it.... Sorry... None of your arguments hold any water.. They did not work in Vanguard beta, they did not work on Vanguard release and they sure as heck don't work now...

And third... You pick CRAFTING as the huge selling point to REALLY drive through the comcept of what an awesome game Vanguard is...? Really? 

You know.. the only one on the whole site that seem clueless right now.. is you. None of the others... You use a lot of words, posts a lot of posts and constantly slam in here. But your case is so thin, the points you make about 2-3 old, and.... Ah, who am I kidding. You dont listen, you cant read.. you will just continue to scream "It's your compooter!!" The game is fantastic, your compooter sucks!!"

Carry on....

"This is not a game to be tossed aside lightly.
    It should be thrown with great force"

Originally posted by Atomic

Yeah ok chill out. I'm sorry I hurt your feelings....well.....actually no I'm not. I couldnt give a shit actually lol.

But as I clearly stated yes I have played the game. I resubscribed to the thing twice over the space of several years. Oh and when you say "really" played it I suppose that means sitting through the entire game a zillion times and "exploring" (ha! yeah right!) 99.9% of the map because of course no-one can make an informed judgement about an mmo unless they have dedicated months of their life to playing it can they.....oh no no.

Oh and I love the line "Vanguard is the EVE Online of fantasy games" bit. Absolutely brilliant! This line of complete bullshit shows you up for the Vanguard Disciple you are. Oh sorry now its my turn to say "Have you ever played EVE? I mean REALLY played EVE" No you havent. You have no clue what your talking about......blah blah blah etc etc (insert additional school kid retorts here at your own leisure).

Sorry to break this to you but Vanguard is NOT a thinkers game at all. EVE however is. In fact EVE is as far away from this game as it is from every generic fantasy mmo around. EVE is also a competitive PvP game which many people find rather difficult to get into because of its complexity. Vanguard on the other hand is a themepark PvE game.

In Vanguard you do all the brainless kill this, kill that, click on this crap that we have all seen before in every other mmo. Whats there to think about? Come on give me a situation in Vanguard where clever thinking will get you ahead in the game......especially in a game which is not competitive and your only opponent is a dumb monster with poor AI that only attacks you when you walk within a few metres of it. Of course I realise for you that Vanguard may indeed seem like a real brain melter of a game but thats your problem. Others have higher standards than you . Sorry.

• patrikd23patrikd23 Member UncommonPosts: 1,155

I REALLY played Vanguard and I still think it sucks bigtime. Stiff and boring. And now since noone hardly plays it anymore the lag is reduced, hurray ?

Ok time to play right now so I will leave all of you with this.  Everyone who has posted has stated a game that was better or further complained about the tech issues, but what you have failed to do is still downgrade the game mechanics so even though there seems to be a ton of posters none of you have actually stated that the ideas behind Vanguard are bad

This is my point and why after everything settles Vanguard will be the future of mmo I mean the only thing diffrent then Darkfall that I can see is that Darkfall has no classes to start but you all know that sooner or later cookie cutter builds will even come to a game like Darkfall

I'm sorry but I think you really are wasting your time with this thread. You started this topic clearly trying to sell Vanguard. Now you are asking people to "beat" your argument and your argument is "Vanguard has great ideas and although it has problems it is better than all of its competition". No-one is going to "beat" that as its simply your opinion but plenty will just disagree. No-one is going to play a game simply because it had great ideas. They will play it because those ideas were implemented successfully and resulted in a great game. Vanguard unfortunately is not an example of this.

I personally think Vanguard did have some good initial ideas behind it. Before it released I was very excited about the variety of choices I had regarding races and classes. I liked the idea of a big open zoneless world and the way it was aiming to implement crafting and diplomacy into the game was new and interesting.

Great ideas. Hmmm. How many people have great ideas every single day. I bet you there are shit loads of awesome ideas floating through peoples heads as you read this right now. How many of those great ideas will ever see the light of day? Virtually none of them.

Vanguard is an example of someones dream that simply failed. Lots of races and classes to choose from? Yeah there are indeed. Unfortunately all of these "unique and interesting" races actually all turned out to be the bloody same. They literally have the same bodies. The only thing to distinguish them is their head! On top of that the models looked incredibly awful upon launch and after the graphics upgrade they look better but are certainly still not very good. The classes are all there though so thumbs up for that.

Big open zoneless world? Yeah thats there too.......well.....sort of. Its not exactly a world though is it. Its just another lifeless themepark like any mmo really dotted with dumb monsters standing around waiting for you to go and whack them......but thats a general bash aimed at most mmos and not just Vanguard. So ok I can see for miles and miles.....and whats the downside of this? Performance. The game is just too sluggish for most people to bother wasting their time with it. My PC is pretty good. I have 4gb of RAM, a 3.4 Ghz processor and a GeForce 7900 GS graphics card and all of that is absolutely fine for every other game I have played. I can get away with playing most games on max settings. Vanguard however lagged like a stumbling old man. Even when I reduced various settings it still lagged. It was playable however (unlike when it launched) but watching the way the lag combined with the really jerky and badly animated models just grated on my nerves. Many people felt the same way. In fact I would have been much happier if the game had been divided up into zones like most other games. Yeah being able to see for miles is nice but in a game where you dont need to see very far (monsters dont attack you unless you walk within spitting distance of them) then who gives a shit about long view distances? What use are they? How about making a decent game instead?

Finally you have the crafting and diplomacy spheres. Nice ideas. Unfortunately they were implemented in such a boring and unimaginative way that the nice ideas which spawned them may as well not have existed. The diplomacy aspect is simply a card game. All Vanguard does is replace the "kill 10 mobs" with "win this game of cards". I admit that at first I found the card game intruiging but it quickly became apparent that basicly all I was doing was playing a game of cards to reveal sentences from a block of text. I had no involvement in the outcome of the conversation with the npc so I just couldnt see any point in it. It may as well just have a "show me all the god damn text" button and save me the hassle of having to play the repetitive card game. Its not like you can actually lose the card game and your only going to keep repeating it over and over until you win so why bother with it at all?.....especially as your diplomacy efforts do bugger all to effect anything (yeah yeah I know stat buffs.....boring). Basicly the diplomacy and crafting quests are just alternative story reading routes......and as I have never encountered an mmo which actually does a good job of story telling it just didnt appeal to me in the slightest. There are plenty of decent books to read if I want something to tell me a story and guess what? I dont have to play a boring game of cards to read each sentence!

But yeah the ideas behind Vanguard were good. The execution unfortunately was terrible. I do however respect the fact that you are standing by the game and supporting it with your money. I think though that you should be looking to the future and other mmos that are currently in development rather than staying in the past with a game like Vanguard as it really isnt going anywhere good and things will only get worse for it as time goes by and other more interesting games enter the fray. Oh and no I'm not talking about Darkfall although it certainly gets my thumbs up on the ideas department. Take a look at Earthrise, Fallen Earth, Crusades and possibly Mortal Online (not much to look at their for now). Yes they are PvP focused games although they obviously have strong PvE elements to them. This is the way decent online gaming will go eventually. Its natural if you think about. If you want to play against the computer then there will always be single player games. For the past 10+ years we have been playing the next step which is what we currently have with most mmos - single player story telling games ported onto the internet with a multiplayer function included. Only a few games (eg EvE) have broken away from this and allowed players to gain control over areas of the game world and effect each other. This is the next logical step in mmos and the only reason we have not seen many mmos which have catered for this level of realism is because of the difficulty of pulling it off successfully. Most games companies just stick with churning out the themepark games we are used to seeing because online single player games that are "immune" to player interaction are easier to make. This will change though. Afterall why are we all playing together if the games we play stop us from doing anything? Thousands of players all playing a clone of the same single player game at the same time against the computer?!

Ummm......yeah anyway......carry on playing Vanguard to your hearts content if thats what you enjoy. Dont expect a massive horde of new subscribers to come flooding into the game to join you though as it just isnt gonna happen and the future will only get even more bleak for the game. Vanguard had some great ideas but it blew it. It doesnt matter though because more games are always on the way

• TorakTorak Member Posts: 4,905

Vanguard is the last of its kind.

The future of MMO's is going to be item malls and theme parks. That is plain as daylight.

• usnavynucusnavynuc Member Posts: 40

I just recently came back to Vanguard after quitting at launch and everything is 100x better.  The artistry and animations are awesome and the fact that ppl argue against this makes me laugh.  You wont fully appreciate this game on a lower end computer (sorry).  Game can get hitchy in cities and towns but most of the time your out adventuring and exploring so this really isnt an issue to me.  There are 15 classes and 18 races which leads to a TON of options for players (and suprisingly all the classes are fun).  I think  one of the main aspects that has drawn me back to the game is that its not easy.  Really when was the last time you died while out questing in WoW or WAR or AoC?  All those games are ridiculously easy when it comes to PvE.  Ive played ALL the MMO's out there lol, and VG is where im staying for now (until Fallen Earth atleast).  Not even sure why there is so much negativity toward the game.  If you tried it and dont like it, great! Go play a game you do like lol.