Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should i go back?

I left WoW because of the Paladin nerf to WotlK (favortie class) but the number of people are still rising and the only thing i can thing of for not going back are:

1) Its really old and i feel that im coming in too late (started playing Mar '08)

2) All my friends make fun of me for playing it (Eve players :P)

3) Afraid to reach lvl 80 and find that people are leaving WoW for another game and feel left behind!

Are these excuses, paranoia, or something else?

P.S.: I still love the gameplay (diablo fan!) and i want to go back, please help!

Comments

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

So start up a trial account and log in, and within a few min you'll know if you really wanna play again.  Its what I've done several times and I get my answer really quickly.

• xRomanticxxRomanticx Member Posts: 7
    Originally posted by Khrymson

So start up a trial account and log in, and within a few min you'll know if you really wanna play again.  Its what I've done several times and I get my answer really quickly.

Starting again to try it isn't the problem, i already know i'll be hooked and i don't mind paying again, what im trying to say is a lot of people are already enjoying end game content and just wondering will there still be a lot of people still playing in say, oh, a year?

I don't want to play a game that i fear will die down over the months of me starting again or is that just stupid talk?

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090
    Originally posted by xRomanticx

Starting again to try it isn't the problem, i already know i'll be hooked and i don't mind paying again, what im trying to say is a lot of people are already enjoying end game content and just wondering will there still be a lot of people still playing in say, oh, a year?

I don't want to play a game that i fear will die down over the months of me starting again or is that just stupid talk?

Stupid talk....WoW isn't gonna even think about dying out for many years to come.  Personnaly I see WoW going very strong as it currently is for another 5+ years or until they get their 2nd MMO closer to launch!

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355

I don't think you should go back to WoW.  But fear that there won't be enough people playing it in a year is ridiculous.  Of course there will be a lot of people playing WoW in a year.  Highly active games don't die that fast.  If you want to not go back, you really have to come up with a better reason than that.

• patrikd23patrikd23 Member UncommonPosts: 1,155

Stupid talk....WoW isn't gonna even think about dying out for many years to come.  Personnaly I see WoW going very strong as it currently is for another 5+ years or until they get their 2nd MMO closer to launch!

What is the name of their second MMO ?

• TemegoTemego Member Posts: 20

In my opinion, dont start WoW again.

Wait for Darkfall, or even better, for AION.

• LivettLivett Member Posts: 126
    Originally posted by patrikd23

What is the name of their second MMO ?

World of Warcraft: The Return to Watford.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • happyclappyhappyclappy Member Posts: 99

I don't understand the obsession with numbers, WoW could have 30 million or 6 million. The rise in numbers is the massive rise of Asian players, EU players is about 2.5 million, US players is about 1 million more.

The biggest growth that WoW has seen comes from the huge rise in Asian players who have had a massive economic boom in the last 5 years, there are more affluent people in China and surrounding territories who spend their leisure time playing games now.

If you take once piece of advice chose your realm very very carefully; would you rather put up with queues and spend an extra 5 minutes logging in or spend the next 4 months on a dead realm.

to be brutally honest, if all your friends are playing EvE, go play EvE. To get maximum enjoyment from an MMO you have to be with a bunch of people you can trust and/or have a good laugh with.

• el_muerteel_muerte Member Posts: 191

Yeah, my roommate does too... but then I tell him, hey I can go out and stab stuff whenever I feel like it.  He's gotta sit there and coordinate with his corp and alliance and maybe go out and stomp some poor saps once a day (out of like, 13 hours logged on... the guy's unemployed).  Every time I walk by there he's just sitting in his hangar chatting with people.

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355
    Originally posted by el_muert
    Yeah, my roommate does too... but then I tell him, hey I can go out and stab stuff whenever I feel like it.  He's gotta sit there and coordinate with his corp and alliance and maybe go out and stomp some poor saps once a day (out of like, 13 hours logged on... the guy's unemployed).  Every time I walk by there he's just sitting in his hangar chatting with people.

Maybe he doesn't want to play an MMORPG much.  Maybe he's more interested in a chat program.

Wow, i feel a lot better now about going back, i did enjoy taking my time to do things (played for around 4 months and only reached Lvl 54) but i had a blast taking my time and feel like im in my own world.

I tried playing eve 3 times and i couldn't get into it and i only tried beause all my buds play it but i just hate it, its so boring. They even tell em that most of the time they just do a few clicks and then let it go to watch tv for like a hour at a time, so you play a game that you really don't play, stupid. Yes, friends are a big deal to me and hearing EVERYONE go "blah" when they ask what im currently playing just kills me, don't get me wrong, their great friends but this is the ony thing i can't stand about them.

PvPing (in WoW) is great and sooo much fun and that was the best part of the game but that only beats every other aspect of the game by like 1%, the whole game is great and i think i will be activating my account today!

FYI, im been trying to find another solution to Wow for like 3 months now and NOTHING interest me but this game (yes im waiting for Aion), im hooked. Fell free to give more input before i activate again and so far you all been a BIG help, Thank you.

• x_rast_xx_rast_x Member Posts: 745

Well, to be honest I don't think it's fair to compare the EvE and WoW communities as they're so completely different - EvE is very hardcore, you can lose all your stuff in a single moment of exceptionally poor judgment, PvP activities are central to the game, and 'fun' is defined in terms of results (which may or may not involve lots of coordination, camping, and other 'boring' things), WoW is very casual, you can't ever lose your stuff involuntarily, PvP is a minigame relegated to specific areas, and fun is defined terms of what you're doing at the moment (since the results are a given and its simply a matter of time).  It's kind of like comparing the 360 to the Wii, sure, one is ten times bigger than the other but they're pitched at totally different markets.

I'm kind of in the same boat is the OP, thinking about taking a break from EvE for a bit, playing something more PvE oriented.  But right now everything I'm hearing about WoTLK lacks challenging PvE content at the level cap, so I'm waiting to see what they do with Ulduar before I make a final decision.  And even then it's a toss-up as to whether it's worth $15 a month to raid one dungeon.  I'm actually seriously considering picking up some single player games, or maybe giving EQ2 another shot.

Im not comparing Eve to WoW, someone asked to join my friends in Eve since thats what they play and i just told my experience, never said Wow rules over eve, never said eve sucked, all i said was it wasn't my cup of tea and how is your comparison to  Eve and wow helping me out with the real subject?

Funny how these thread lead to someone talking about himself and go off topic

• MwajiMwaji Member Posts: 229

I left WoW because of the Paladin nerf to WotlK (favortie class) but the number of people are still rising and the only thing i can thing of for not going back are:
    1) Its really old and i feel that im coming in too late (started playing Mar '08)
    3) Afraid to reach lvl 80 and find that people are leaving WoW for another game and feel left behind!
    Are these excuses, paranoia, or something else?

P.S.: I still love the gameplay (diablo fan!) and i want to go back, please help!

Ok I will hold back my smiting hate for wow for a second to respond to this. If your a paladin there is no better time to play then right now. Your going to steamroll in pve and pvp and by the time you reach 40 will smash your way to 80 if you play regular. I wouldn't worry about people leaving I think wow will have a drop off but realistacally at the least the game will still have 7.5 million subs on a bad day. I think DF and Aion and Spellborn would all have to preform above average to knock off 5 million, and DF by itself at the most for a first year release on a hardcore pvp game 2 million would be WELL above expectations.  So dropoff is possible but wows not gonna die at all unless the Blizz execs fall over dead, if UO has no chance of dieing soon I wouldn't worry about it.