Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

All classes have Mana?

PaincakePaincake Member Posts: 139

So I noticed all classes have identical power source, MP.

They could've made things more unique and interesting.

Ranger>Focus

Assassin>Energy

Gladiator>Stamina

Priest>Holy Power

Sorcerer>Magic Power

If they took a more diversive approach, it would improve the game in my opinion.

Well I suppose its too late now to forward suggestions this late.

The game will be as a result more smoother and easier to balance I guess.... but I still consider that lazyness also. 

Comments

• EphimeroEphimero Member Posts: 1,860

How would that change anything?

• PaincakePaincake Member Posts: 139
    Originally posted by Ephimero

Innovation is up to the developers. Each type could relate to something unique and interesting.

The only purpose MP serves in its current form, would be to restrict long fights. Thats simplified tbh and definitely not innovative.

• nutButter123nutButter123 Member Posts: 105

Different classes will have different levels of Mana. Giving it a special name is simply putting a gloss onto it. In the end its just a requirement for skills to be executed. Also if warrior type classes were to have 'rage' then they wouldnt be able to use a magic based skill. I know that sounds silly but something like a self buff or something like it would require Mana points - not rage. I can see what you mean though OP and it was used in WoW to add some individuality to the classes. Not sure if it would apply as well in Aion as it would in WoW.

Ballistic!

• RavanosRavanos Member Posts: 897

what a rediculous and stupid nitpick ... I hope you are kidding.

• BloodDualityBloodDuality Member UncommonPosts: 404

so the next thing you will want is to make all the different types work the same way as those in wow. If they want to make them all use mana as the for of energy currency than there is nothing wrong with it, they all are basically the same thing just different names. the diffrences come in how they regenerate, how much they have, and how quicly they regen.

• CyntheCynthe Member UncommonPosts: 1,414

From the lore I thought that all daevas can use ether, is magic in game the same as ether, or a part of ether? Because if it is then that explains why every class uses mana.

(,,,)=^__^=(,,,)

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

My galdiator has mana but he does not use any mana for his phy attacks or skills except for the DP skill i think.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

Originally posted by Paincake

Innovation is up to the developers. Each type could relate to something unique and interesting.

The only purpose MP serves in its current form, would be to restrict long fights. Thats simplified tbh and definitely not innovative.

And changing the name depending on the class would change this? How?

Stop being short sighted. I only mentioned ''names'', because its not my job to be creative here. I merely provided a suggestion.

If you take WoW as an example, Death Knights have the Runic Power system, whilst Rogues have Energy wich drains fast, but fills up fast, and Warriors rage mechanic wich makes your power gains dependant on physical stress. Etc.

Regeneration and energy consumption will change, and gameplay mechanics won't be as simplified and shallow.

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355

So why'd you start the thread to make the suggestion if it's supposed to be an uncreative suggestion?  Game mechanics matter; what you call them doesn't. 

Stop being short sighted. I only mentioned ''names'', because its not my job to be creative here. I merely provided a suggestion.

If you take WoW as an example, Death Knights have the Runic Power system, whilst Rogues have Energy wich drains fast, but fills up fast, and Warriors rage mechanic wich makes your power gains dependant on physical stress. Etc.

Regeneration and energy consumption will change, and gameplay mechanics won't be as simplified and shallow.

They can name it dog crap power (DCP, catchy, huh?) for all I care, if it ends up doing the same. Isn't it shallow to consider different naming of the same old as something innovative?

I dont think Im being short sighted, in fact, all the oppossite, Im looking at the whole picture.

The MP regeneration and consumption varies depending on the class and the stats already, you don't need to name it differently in order to get that effect, by naming it diferently you're just adding another unnecesary complication, why should I buy new MP pots if Im rolling an alt? why can't I sell my crafted MP potions to the rest of the classes? why are there 8 different potions in this grocery store, which one should I use?

I understand your point of view. It might be gimmicky if you look it from a simplified perspective. But innovation, creativity can push the boundraries. Look at the Death Knight in WoW. It wouldn't be half as fun if it were driven by a simplified mana system wich only purpose to forfill is preventing long fights. Well, if you don't understand, then I'l just stop arguing.

• Calind0rCalind0r Member Posts: 735

Most classes don't use mana for attacks in Aion.

• CyntheCynthe Member UncommonPosts: 1,414

Bleh NVM

(,,,)=^__^=(,,,)

• midgey555midgey555 Member Posts: 185

I understand your point of view. It might be gimmicky if you look it from a simplified perspective. But innovation, creativity can push the boundraries. Look at the Death Knight in WoW. It wouldn't be half as fun if it were driven by a simplified mana system wich only purpose to forfill is preventing long fights. Well, if you don't understand, then I'l just stop arguing.

you keep saying they need to be innovative or original yet I keep seeing this "WoW" pop up in your posts.  This is why I despise WoW.  It has ruined mmos and the community, you make a new game (and your definitley not the only one who does it) and forums are FLOODED with this crap like "well in wow"  "but in wow i could..."  "I had flight paths in wow, why must i travel?"  "I was a ghost in wow and didnt have to corpse run, why must I now?"  "In wow there was battle grounds, wheres the battlegrounds in this game".  Im sick and tired of seeing every single game flooded with this crap.  If I wanted to play World of Warcraft I would go play World of Warcraft.