Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FINALLY!!! ORIGINS Mentioned on Grab Bag!

I know that many of you are eager to know what the status of the Origins server is and can’t wait for an update. I just wanted to let you know that while there isn’t any information to share with you right now, I’m pleased to say that there will be in the weeks ahead. As always keep an eye the Herald for the latest news.

Not much there, but at least it still has life. Just stopped playing RoM and playing free trials of WoW and other games to bide my time to return to kill some albs, mids or hibs in the OF. Hopefully will see some added info soon!

BTW, have you seen the population for Modred lately? Its usually like 10-25 people. Thats really sad.

Comments

• HivesHives Member UncommonPosts: 203

That made my day just because it still has a chance to be released. I was about to hang it up if this grab bag wouldn't have said anything.

• LokyLoky Member UncommonPosts: 182

I just cancelled my WAR account .

Serious.

• EffectEffect Member UncommonPosts: 949

Just a carrot on a stick. I'll believe it when I see it to be honest. I'm sure they read the community discussions as they don't have their own official forums and noticed all the talk about the lack of information in regard to the Origins server. This is just a response to try and calm a situation that could get worse, especially with the news of EA's layouts.

As for WAR, having tried it again I've since canceled my account. I don't really feel any desire at the moment to even log into the game to play even though I have some time left. DAoC was so much better all around.

Yet I'm getting very annoyed about the lack of any real information about the Origins server. I would actually be satisfied with a statement saying that it had been put off for the foreseeable future instead of this lack of information or carrot on a stick type statement. If they weren't serious about it when they first brought it up or working on it then, then they should never have said anything in the first place.

• Paragus1Paragus1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,741

I am happy that you guys were finally able to get something out of them.  Maybe the article I wrote that got put on massively got their attention.  It's not much, but at least it's something.  Hopefully the project is still laive and you will get more details later.

• cichy1012cichy1012 Member UncommonPosts: 345

revamp daoc, new graphics, original game....id subscribe.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Originally posted by ninjajucer

BTW, have you seen the population for Modred lately? Its usually like 10-25 people. Thats really sad.

That is really sad, I loved playing DAOC on Mordred, used to run with the the Shadowclan and have some great fights with Torcan and Legends just to name a few.

While the idea of an Origins server is a great one, it won't bring back the good old days on Mordred I'm afraid.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• LivettLivett Member Posts: 126

CHUFFED!

• Paragus1Paragus1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,741
    Originally posted by Kyleran

Originally posted by ninjajucer

That is really sad, I loved playing DAOC on Mordred, used to run with the the Shadowclan and have some great fights with Torcan and Legends just to name a few.

While the idea of an Origins server is a great one, it won't bring back the good old days on Mordred I'm afraid.

You were with Shadowclan?   Man I used to love those guys.  Apparently since my kobold hunter had the letter "E" in her name, she could not be considered a real kobold in their eyes.   It used to crack me up how they ran around speaking their own language.  Good times...

• Ascension08Ascension08 Member Posts: 1,980
    Originally posted by cichy1012

revamp daoc, new graphics, original game....id subscribe.

I'd rather the graphics come after something like Origins. But yeah, even though the spell effects are still awesome in my opinion, the graphics and especially the animations are a bit dated by now.

--------------------------------------
    A human and an Elf get captured by Skaven. The rat-men are getting ready to shoot the first hostage with Dwarf-made guns when he yells, "Earthquake!" The naturally nervous Skaven run and hide from the imaginary threat. He escapes. The Skaven regroup and bring out the Elf. Being very smart, the Elf has figured out what to do. When the Skaven get ready to shoot, the Elf, in order to scare them, yells, "Fire!"

Order of the White Border.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • HivesHives Member UncommonPosts: 203
    i think it may be time to renew the ole subscription and learn to play again, its been a long time.

That's what I did..

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

yeah, I resubbed awhile back, just got my fingers to memorize what keys go to what again   I hope they don't allow character transfers to Origins though.  I wouldn't mind being forced to start from scratch, but I won't do it on my own hehe. Keyword there is FORCED lol.  There's a video of a bard running around emain in origins, don't know if it's true or not though.

• Thomas2641Thomas2641 Member Posts: 143

I have my own theory of why Mythic has been silent:

Darkfall is a direct compeeting game because both games have PvP.. Mythic wants to time the release of the origins server to the release of Darkfall online - that way if Darkfall online is a flop, a lot of PvP-hungry people will flood the newly opened origins servers... At least the marketing aspect of it makes complete sense..

• The user and all related content has been deleted.