Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Character models and wepaons are retarded.

Comments

• AbrahmmAbrahmm Member Posts: 2,448
    Originally posted by N3oN_666

Originally posted by Abrahmm

Originally posted by tillamook

I agree with the OP, these graphics and "art style" look horrible. SWG actually looks better than these screenshots and that game is 5 years old. Really sad to see them taking this childish route and is going to hurt the immersion factor.

Obvious troll is obvious.

Obvious fanboi is obvious?

I don't know how that is trolling. the "art style" in SWG looks more realistic and more like Star Wars then these screen shots we have seen.

I'm going to say what I said in this other thread to you and it obviously scared you off because I got no response. Either that or you're a bad troll

All I ever do is see you on these boards flaming the game. Quite frankly if you don't want to play it don't waste our time blabbering. I don't see why people like you think you need to flame a game that many people are looking forward to. Oh yes, I remember... because hating is the "Cool" thing to do, well I hate to break it to you. You're just making yourself look ignorant.

Oh boy, those are very strong words. No wonder they scared me off the first time.

I can tell you why I post negative things about this game. I love Star Wars. I love MMORPGs. I want to see a GREAT Star Wars MMORPG again. It would combine my favorite genre with my favorite IP, and I could get back to the video game bliss I used to know.

Unfortunately, there has been very little they have shown, said, or claimed that has impressed me at all. I think the graphics look horrific, and it sounds like they are making yet another linear theme-park, level based, class based hold your hand piece of junk that every other company is cranking out.

If I didn't want to play this game, I wouldn't bother talking about it. And I don't bash it because "it's cool"(to who? not really sure). I bash it because there is SO much potential for a Star Wars based MMORPG and I don't want to see ANOTHER one bastardized by greed. This game could be so much more then what they are portraying it will be, and the earlier we can get the message to them, the more of a chance we will have that some of the things get changed.(Like the over-sized glowsticks everyone complained about.)

Tried: LotR, CoH, AoC, WAR, Jumpgate Classic
    Played: SWG, Guild Wars, WoW
    Playing: Eve Online, Counter-strike
    Loved: Star Wars Galaxies
    Waiting for: Earthrise, Guild Wars 2, anything sandbox.

Originally posted by Trubaduren

If we are fanbois, you're a troll.
    The thing is, we don't really know a shit. I don't like the sound of the gameplay, coulden't really care shit about graphics. I didn't play SWG for the graphics thats for sure.
    Instead of draging your penis trying to find a tiny hole enough to fit it, CHILL OUT.

Again, how am I a troll? For stating my opinion on the information we have been given so far? Or is it just because I have a negative opinion based on what we have seen? Or because my opinion differs from yours? I think I'm missing what makes me a troll.

• N3oN_666N3oN_666 Member Posts: 136

I agree with the OP, these graphics and "art style" look horrible. SWG actually looks better than these screenshots and that game is 5 years old. Really sad to see them taking this childish route and is going to hurt the immersion factor.

I don't know how that is trolling. the "art style" in SWG looks more realistic and more like Star Wars then these screen shots we have seen.

I'm going to say what I said in this other thread to you and it obviously scared you off because I got no response. Either that or you're a bad troll

All I ever do is see you on these boards flaming the game. Quite frankly if you don't want to play it don't waste our time blabbering. I don't see why people like you think you need to flame a game that many people are looking forward to. Oh yes, I remember... because hating is the "Cool" thing to do, well I hate to break it to you. You're just making yourself look ignorant.

Oh boy, those are very strong words. No wonder they scared me off the first time.

I can tell you why I post negative things about this game. I love Star Wars. I love MMORPGs. I want to see a GREAT Star Wars MMORPG again. It would combine my favorite genre with my favorite IP, and I could get back to the video game bliss I used to know.

Unfortunately, there has been very little they have shown, said, or claimed that has impressed me at all. I think the graphics look horrific, and it sounds like they are making yet another linear theme-park, level based, class based hold your hand piece of junk that every other company is cranking out.

If I didn't want to play this game, I wouldn't bother talking about it. And I don't bash it because "it's cool"(to who? not really sure). I bash it because there is SO much potential for a Star Wars based MMORPG and I don't want to see ANOTHER one bastardized by greed. This game could be so much more then what they are portraying it will be, and the earlier we can get the message to them, the more of a chance we will have that some of the things get changed.(Like the over-sized glowsticks everyone complained about.)

I have yet to see a post before this one where you have even said that you were going to try open beta for the game. And it is still fairly early in the game development, how could you base what your opinions over what you see when the game itself is still very vague. Infact all we really know is that it will be a story driven mmo with a heavy PvP base.

In essence you are a really bad troll.

I have yet to see a post before this one where you have even said that you were going to try open beta for the game. And it is still fairly early in the game development, how could you base what your opinions over what you see when the game itself is still very vague. Infact all we really know is that it will be a story driven mmo with a heavy PvP base.

In essence you are a really bad troll.

I have said before that I was really looking forward to this game. But what is so hard to understand. I read what they have said, looked at the screenshots, watched the videos, and formed an opinion about what I had seen. Just as you have formed an opinion that the game will be good, or that you are looking forward to it. And I'll gladly change my opinion if they announce features that sound great, or that I want.  Not rocket science here.

But alas, my opinion differs from your's, so you must resort to calling me the vastly over-used "Troll" instead of having a civil discussion. Oh well.

• lornjlornj Member Posts: 334

everyone needs to quit crapping their depends over the graphics and weapon size. this game is not going to be out probably for another 2 years. things are going to change between now and then. so quit your crying and save it for open beta if the game still looks the same then.

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,125

Well anyways now thanks to some who are trolling, anytime someone who isn’t trolling brings up a system from SWG that would be cool in TOR it gets shot down fast by people who have never played SWG or wanted to play SWG. They just look at vets like a bunch of little whiney ass kids TBH that have been crying for 4 years. You cause your own fate. It 's pathetic because I think there are a few things from SWG that would make TOR fun and they just aren’t willing to discuss it based on what they have seen from some of us.

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

Well anyways now thanks to some who are trolling, anytime someone who isn’t trolling brings up a system from SWG that would be cool in TOR it gets shot down fast by people who have never played SWG or wanted to play SWG. They just look at vets like a bunch of little whiney ass kids TBH that have been crying for 4 years. You cause your own fate. It 's pathetic because I think there are a few things from SWG that would make TOR fun and they just aren’t willing to discuss it based on what they have seen from some of us.

You are blaming people being ignorant and narrow minded on other people who were upset about their game being taken out from underthem and completely destroyed? Makes sense, and very mature might I add.

You are blaming people being ignorant and narrow minded on other people who were upset about their game being taken out from underthem and completely destroyed? Makes sense, and very mature might I add.

SWG wasn't taken. It's still up, I played pre-cu and post-cu both games were pretty god awful. The only thing I liked about SWG was the city creation.

• dalevi1dalevi1 Member Posts: 829
    Originally posted by John.A.Zoid

Just seen aload of new screenshots and the backgrounds and all the robots and monsters all look kool but the humanoid characters look retarded and so do their weapons. Their body shape is all wrong and too comic book like and all their clothes look like they're skin tight spandex and their faces lack any detail. I hate the way they all stand too, again like some comic book character.
    The weapons all look like fisher price shite and wayyy too big even now. Like in SWG all the weapons were normal size and you could still see the detail and what weapon they were using and if that wern't enough it had 3D menus you could examine and scroll across the weapon. You don't need these over sized retarded toy looking weapons to make something look kool.... just ends up looking retarded.

The problem is the further these go unchanged into development the more unlikely they are to change.

John, no offense, did you just get back from the pub?

Played (more than a month): SWG, Second Life, Tabula Rasa, Lineage 2, Everquest 2, EvE, MxO, Ryzom.

Tried: WoW, Shadowbane, Anarchy Online, Everquest, WWII Online, Planetside

Beta: Lotro, Tabula Rasa, WAR.

SWG wasn't taken. It's still up, I played pre-cu and post-cu both games were pretty god awful. The only thing I liked about SWG was the city creation.

Good for you. Lots of people liked it. And the game we liked isn't still up, therefore was taken from us.

Good for you. Lots of people liked it. And the game we liked isn't still up, therefore was taken from us.

Taken from you? Go get counseling or something, we never owned the game. Move on FFS. I wasted my time and unlocked Jedi, grinded BH twice, had three toons, did crap loads of professions, then they changed things, twice, I thought the game sucked so I left. Water under the bridge. Why do some people feel such an emo attachment to the game lol. So funny

Me= I had fun, they made it suck IMHO, I left. End of story. 

TOR is not SWG BTW. There may be somethings in TOR like SWG, but it's not SWG. No really, it isn't SWG.Even Raph Koster would not remake SWG again, if you want proof I can give you the link from the site where he said it.

anyways, have fun being miserable I guess or whatever it is you are.

SWG Bloodfin vet

Taken from you? Go get counseling or something, we never owned the game. Move on FFS. I wasted my time and unlocked Jedi, grinded BH twice, had three toons, did crap loads of professions, then they changed things, twice, I thought the game sucked so I left. Water under the bridge. Why do some people feel such an emo attachment to the game lol. So funny

TOR is not SWG BTW. There may be somethings in TOR like SWG, but it's not SWG. No really, it isn't SWG.

I feel pretty much the same way about pre-bc WoW. But you don't see me whining like a school girl

TOR is not SWG BTW. There may be somethings in TOR like SWG, but it's not SWG. No really, it isn't SWG.

I feel pretty much the same way about pre-bc WoW. But you don't see me whining like a school girl

Yeah, happened to people who played UO, and EQ1. Most normal people just stopped talking about it. 

SWG Bloodfin vet

• CyntheCynthe Member UncommonPosts: 1,414

Honestly it IS Bioware. Since when are they known for their amazing art style? Since maybe Mass Effect? Some people really like their art, and even more people like the scenery, buildings, general background ect.. But their character models for Neverwinter Nights 2 for example are pretty ugly. So far from the screenies TOR to me most resembles NVW and I'm worried the character models won't be to my liking. :/

I never played Mass Effect, but from the videos I've seen on Youtube it looks very nice. So hopefully members from that team will help out TOR. :) Also Dragon Age is going to be very pretty.. So we'll see.

(,,,)=^__^=(,,,)

TOR is not SWG BTW. There may be somethings in TOR like SWG, but it's not SWG. No really, it isn't SWG.Even Raph Koster would not remake SWG again, if you want proof I can give you the link from the site where he said it.

Since you have resorted to nothing more than personal attacks, I'll simply reply to you the same way I reply to anyone that makes this statement. I will gladly move on when a game is released that offers half of the depth, complexity, fun and immersion that SWG offered. Until then, I'm going to continue asking for what I want.

Since you have resorted to nothing more than personal attacks, I'll simply reply to you the same way I reply to anyone that makes this statement. I will gladly move on when a game is released that offers half of the depth, complexity, fun and immersion that SWG offered. Until then, I'm going to continue asking for what I want.

Here's an idea. Go to college, learn a little. Then maybe you can make a new game.

Well this may not be the game you are looking for. Lol Because it’s not going to be exactly like pre-cu.

Anyway, all I’m saying is, add something more to the conversation other than “this sucks” or "it’s ugly” “graphics are cartoony” “grumble” “grumble” “grumble” “grumble” It just sounds like you are either trolling, or whining.

SWG Bloodfin vet

• ArndurArndur Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,202

4 years of crying over a game........I think the "SWG vets" have earned whatever whiney rep they have. Its been around for 5 years 3 of which have been NGE. That was what? 1 year of pre-cu and 1 year of CU and some have cried for 3 or 4 years over that 1 or 2?

Hold on Snow Leopard, imma let you finish, but Windows had one of the best operating systems of all time.

If the Powerball lottery was like Lotro, nobody would win for 2 years, and then everyone in Nebraska would win on the same day.
    And then Nebraska would get nerfed.-pinkwood lotro fourms

AMD 4800 2.4ghz-3GB RAM 533mhz-EVGA 9500GT 512mb-320gb HD

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Just seen aload of new screenshots and the backgrounds and all the robots and monsters all look kool but the humanoid characters look retarded and so do their weapons. Their body shape is all wrong and too comic book like and all their clothes look like they're skin tight spandex and their faces lack any detail. I hate the way they all stand too, again like some comic book character.
    The weapons all look like fisher price shite and wayyy too big even now. Like in SWG all the weapons were normal size and you could still see the detail and what weapon they were using and if that wern't enough it had 3D menus you could examine and scroll across the weapon. You don't need these over sized retarded toy looking weapons to make something look kool.... just ends up looking retarded.

The problem is the further these go unchanged into development the more unlikely they are to change.

lol, not a fan of a few weapons they have shown myself, but I really don't care about graphics too much TBH. It's rarely been a factor in any game I play. I still love Monkey Island 3 and it has cartoon graphics, yet it's a great game. As long as it runs good, and they iron out glitches, and does not look like WURM Online I'm ok with the look. 

This is the kind of thing i do NOT want to hear.If that is the case why ever leave monkey island?why advance gaming at all?just keep playing those old fashion looking games,all developers should stop developing right now,because there is already thousands of such games out there.You are saying we should keep making those 1980's graphics?because it is all about gameplay?pfftt just crazy,i want advancement in gaming not backwards technology.

Of course the actual game design is the biggest factor,this does not mean you remove the graphic artists and make a MUD game.This is what an ACTUAL game IS,it is EVERYTHING ,graphics/game play/mechanics/player interaction/adventuring,it is NEVER JUST about the game play.As far as i am concerned any developer who cannot implement good graphics AND game play,are not good developers.There is NO excuse except laziness or they feel there is enough dummies out there willing to pay for a half ass effort or they just do not have the ability or resources to make a proper game.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• Baio2kBaio2k Member UncommonPosts: 162
    Originally posted by zymurgeist

People who over use the word retarded to describe things that can't possibly be retarded are retarded.

They're not trying to look like SWG.  They're trying to look more like clone wars and the first three episodes. it's a bit ugly but its what George Lucas wants so that's how it's going to be. 

I approve of this post in full.

At least the lightsaber hilts have slimmed down a bit.

Originally posted by Wizardry

lol, not a fan of a few weapons they have shown myself, but I really don't care about graphics too much TBH. It's rarely been a factor in any game I play. I still love Monkey Island 3 and it has cartoon graphics, yet it's a great game. As long as it runs good, and they iron out glitches, and does not look like WURM Online I'm ok with the look. 

This is the kind of thing i do NOT want to hear.If that is the case why ever leave monkey island?why advance gaming at all?just keep playing those old fashion looking games,all developers should stop developing right now,because there is already thousands of such games out there.You are saying we should keep making those 1980's graphics?because it is all about gameplay?pfftt just crazy,i want advancement in gaming not backwards technology.

Of course the actual game design is the biggest factor,this does not mean you remove the graphic artists and make a MUD game.This is what an ACTUAL game IS,it is EVERYTHING ,graphics/game play/mechanics/player interaction/adventuring,it is NEVER JUST about the game play.As far as i am concerned any developer who cannot implement good graphics AND game play,are not good developers.There is NO excuse except laziness or they feel there is enough dummies out there willing to pay for a half ass effort or they just do not have the ability or resources to make a proper game.

Real innovation happens in game play. Graphics are a factor, that factor being "Can i play it?"

SWG Bloodfin vet

Here's an idea. Go to college, learn a little. Then maybe you can make a new game.

I'm a Junior in college majoring in Computer Science, thanks for your concern though. Is it my tern to make a snarky personal attack on you because your opinion differs from mine? I'm not familiar with how this works.

Well this may not be the game you are looking for. Lol Because it’s not going to be exactly like pre-cu.

Anyway, all I’m saying is, add something more to the conversation other than “this sucks” or "it’s ugly” “graphics are cartoony” “grumble” “grumble” “grumble” “grumble” It just sounds like you are either trolling, or whining.

I'm not looking for a game exactly like Pre-cu.

Beyond that, you apparently don't read my posts as I never simply say "This sucks" or "this is ugly" as I always give some justification for what I say. You could add a little more to your posts "That rocks!" and slirping up every little bit of info the devs release and claiming it's the best idea ever.

(mmm gross exaggerations)

• BafucinBafucin Member Posts: 276

The force is weak in this one.

I feel epic failure.

Originally posted by Bafucin

The force is weak in this one.
    I feel epic failure.

That's all he ever posts.