Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Led Zeppelin

Breaking story - The reason Led Zeppelin wont get back together for a reunion tour - they are addicted to LoTRO - Plant and Page are both way too deep in Moria to come out and play shows.... its a sad story

"In the darkest depths of Mordor, I met a girl so fair - but Gollum, and the evil one, crept up and slipped away with her."

Comments

• vidiotkingvidiotking Member Posts: 587

Led Zeppelin, best (rock) band ever. EVER!

• PapadamPapadam Member Posts: 2,102

Page is probably that wierd dude standing outside Prancing pony all day playing Stairway to heaven on his lute...

If WoW = The Beatles
    and WAR = Led Zeppelin
    Then LotrO = Pink Floyd

Led Zeppelin is the EQ of mmo's, not WAR. Journey is maybe the WAR of mmo's. Floyd is the Hello Kitty online of mmo's.

• chrislekochrisleko Member Posts: 200

Umm..  Floyd is NO HKO.  Floyd was super dark with their lyrics.

I did notice a long time ago that Zep is fond of LOTR, it shows up many times in their lyrics. 

yea, Zeppelin are Huge LOTR fans, especially Plant.  I am both a huge LOTR and Zeppelin fan.

Also try Mahavishnu Orchestra.

• ToladinToladin Member Posts: 94

I also love that on a lot of Zeppelins art - they have the old man in a cloak - looks exactly as gandalf woud - with a lantern standing above a huge valley with a river leading into the mountains - picture straight out of middle earth -

Those guys def loved Tolkein - I wonder if they have ever looked into LOTRO

• RyorinRyorin Member Posts: 7

Let them play.

I am waiting for the song about downing the watcher 

• ThradarThradar Member Posts: 949
    Originally posted by vidiotking

Led Zeppelin is the EQ of mmo's, not WAR. Journey is maybe the WAR of mmo's. Floyd is the Hello Kitty online of mmo's.

Wut? 

• wickedptwickedpt Member Posts: 45
    Originally posted by Toladin

Breaking story - The reason Led Zeppelin wont get back together for a reunion tour - they are addicted to LoTRO - Plant and Page are both way too deep in Moria to come out and play shows.... its a sad story
    "In the darkest depths of Mordor, I met a girl so fair - but Gollum, and the evil one, crept up and slipped away with her."

Do you have a link to that?

• lareslocilaresloci Member UncommonPosts: 373

LOL, does anyone know what server they are on?

Why is it that, as a culture, we are more comfortable seeing two men holding guns than holding hands? ~Ernest Gaines

Originally posted by Thradar

Originally posted by vidiotking

Wut? 

It means Led Zeppelin is the king of bands, just like EQ is the king of mmo's.......ez peazy.

• lord_bisonlord_bison Member Posts: 16

Playing Led Zeppelin in game would be class.

I reckon Moby Dick in the Prancing Pony during happy hour would bring in tons of people.

Its a trick...get an axe!

I heard some Aerosmith at the pony...Zeppelin couldn't be far behind.

• LaterisLateris Member UncommonPosts: 1,831

L M AO- thank you!

• waveslayerwaveslayer Member UncommonPosts: 511

that any of these games come close to equaling these bands is absurd, The Beatles, Led Zep and Pink Floyd were all pioneers of rock music, the Beatles = EQ maybe, but WoW if any comparison belongs = Hanna Montana/Britney Spears/NSYNC pure pop crap made for no reason other then to sell sell sell, and LotRO maybe would equal the Foo Fighters, allready had a large presxisting audiance becuase of Nirvana, good music but nothing new or revelutionary ,kinda all sounds the same,but just like the others made to appeal to the masses.

Godz of War I call Thee

• ToladinToladin Member Posts: 94

We are not saying that these games necessarily EQUAL the corresponding band - was just making a fun arguement that if the game was a band, which band would best describe the game... I think LoTRO and Zeppelin are a perfectly good comparison simply because Plant and Page loved Tolkein -

Dont take this thread too seriously - again it was just a fun comparison.  Ive always been interested in Zeppelins lyrics that include Middle-earth fare... just wanted to see if other people recognized this and appreciated it like I do . 

• APRAuroreAPRAurore Member Posts: 330

Hee hee good thread! WAR would be Pink Floyd imo because Pink Floyd can be so very dark at times. Dark Side of the Moon, Wish You Were Here, Animals, the Wall, are all very dark. Though I am not sure that the super trippy part of Pink Floyd's career can be equated to any MMO (Ryzome perhaps?).

Yeah Led Zep and LotRO definitely fit.

EQ might be The Beatles, but what would EQ2 be? The good areas to me are pretty Disney-ish, so perhaps a song from the Little Mermaid or something like that. The evil areas would be something like the Clash, or something like that lol

Back in EvE. Started with BatMUD. Main MMOs have been EvE and DAoC.

Originally posted by APRAurore

Hee hee good thread! WAR would be Pink Floyd imo because Pink Floyd can be so very dark at times. Dark Side of the Moon, Wish You Were Here, Animals, the Wall, are all very dark. Though I am not sure that the super trippy part of Pink Floyd's career can be equated to any MMO (Ryzome perhaps?).

Yeah Led Zep and LotRO definitely fit.

EQ might be The Beatles, but what would EQ2 be? The good areas to me are pretty Disney-ish, so perhaps a song from the Little Mermaid or something like that. The evil areas would be something like the Clash, or something like that lol

I think it was Paul Barnet (the WAR guy with sunglasses) who made the comparison between Beatles=WoW and WAR=Led Zeppelin.

The reason I think LotrO=Pink Floyd is that PF started out heavily inspired by the Beatles but becoma more "mature", moodier and with longer slower songs and their music is often story based. Considering that LotrO is often described as WoW but more "mature", more immersive, slower, boring? (just like alot of people think PF is boring) and with more focus on story, the comparisson fits very well IMO !

And here we have Age of Conan if it was a band  http://se.youtube.com/watch?v=J5SL2b4B664&feature=related

If WoW = The Beatles
    and WAR = Led Zeppelin
    Then LotrO = Pink Floyd

How could anyone even begin to say that Sid Barrett's music sounded like the Beatles? I know everyone is entitled to their opinion but wow... whatever!

WAR is more like Pink Floyd in its depressive era, though I think that perhaps some kind of nice heavy metal might suit it better. Yeah I remember that quote from Mythic. I thought it was pretty stupid when I first heard. Led Zep, definitely not... more like Black Sabbath :)

• orlacorlac Member Posts: 549

"In the darkest depths of Mordor, I met a girl so fair - but Gollum, and the evil WARG, crept up and slipped away with her."

• haggus71haggus71 Member Posts: 254

Well, I would say you have to give WAR two bands.  Order could be Led Zeppelin, and Chaos would be Black Sabbath.

Originally posted by haggus71

Well, I would say you have to give WAR two bands.  Order could be Led Zeppelin, and Chaos would be Black Sabbath.

Nah... I'd give Order Tchaikovski's Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairies as its theme song.

How could anyone even begin to say that Sid Barrett's music sounded like the Beatles? I know everyone is entitled to their opinion but wow... whatever!

Heavily inspired by, doesnt mean sounds like...

If WoW = The Beatles
    and WAR = Led Zeppelin
    Then LotrO = Pink Floyd

Originally posted by Papadam

Oh come on! Don't split hairs over nothing! Pink Floyd was probably only inspired to drop acid by the Beatles and experiment with music. But that's where the inspiration ends. PF had a different way of experimenting with music than the Beatles did. And thank goodness for that: gives more variety for the listener :P

• BarCrowBarCrow Member UncommonPosts: 2,195
    Originally posted by Papadam

I think Barrett was inspired by the Beatles,,,and intended to be similiar...but the fact he was f@cking looney had a definite effect on their sound.