Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Teren's Grasp, Gorowyn, and Neriak = Crashing

bryan58bryan58 Member Posts: 55

I don't know if I am the only person to have this problem but I can remember being frustrated when flying up to Terens Grasp because I would always CRASH! Now I don't have the spec's of my PC right next to me, as I am at work now.. but I can say Ican run the game on very high quality with great fps. Something about Terens Grasp messes with my computer. I should also mention that Gorowyn and Neriak act in a similar fashion. Now I don't know if that was something on EQ2's part and everyone has this issue or what but that's why I am asking. If anyone else has, or had this problem could youplease let me know how I can prevent this without decreasing my graphics to extreme performance. Hopefully it was something they could patch up :) any input would be great!

Also I have a 19inch wide screen monitor(1440x900) and I do not remember the viewing space being distorted... Maybe it's just me getting used to a new game after playing others in recent past.. but perhaps others have same problem?

Comments

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

I lag the worst in Neriak

but otherwise not sure what to say

try lower settings in those areas and see if that resolves it ?

• ethionethion Member UncommonPosts: 2,888
    Originally posted by bryan58

I don't know if I am the only person to have this problem but I can remember being frustrated when flying up to Terens Grasp because I would always CRASH! Now I don't have the spec's of my PC right next to me, as I am at work now.. but I can say Ican run the game on very high quality with great fps. Something about Terens Grasp messes with my computer. I should also mention that Gorowyn and Neriak act in a similar fashion. Now I don't know if that was something on EQ2's part and everyone has this issue or what but that's why I am asking. If anyone else has, or had this problem could youplease let me know how I can prevent this without decreasing my graphics to extreme performance. Hopefully it was something they could patch up :) any input would be great!
    Also I have a 19inch wide screen monitor(1440x900) and I do not remember the viewing space being distorted... Maybe it's just me getting used to a new game after playing others in recent past.. but perhaps others have same problem?

You are mentioning memory intensive areas.  You might want to get a good memory tester and run a good memory dianostic.  I've had things like this happen caused by a bit of bad memory at the higher memory ranges.  So everything is good till you hit the bad spot then crash....

---
    Ethion

• kiernkiern Member UncommonPosts: 428

I have been playing in and around Neriak this week and have had no problems. Make sure that you have the latest drivers for all your hardware, especially the video card.  That has been the issue more times than I can remember.