Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

outdated?

KadozerrrKadozerrr Member Posts: 6
sure this game sounds great at the moment, but itll just be outdated by the time it comes out, the gfx are rather lame so unless they update them in these 8 months it will be dissapointing. hype is so silly, just makes you sad when the actual game comes out.

Comments

• unaydonunaydon Member Posts: 116
    well u can always play it at the end of oct. if u like it great if u dont O well . as for out dated every game that comes out is alreade outdated no mater what . so like i said earlyer enjoy or not all up to u.

• analogueanalogue Member Posts: 79

GFX are fine, but I'm sure the gameplay won't be outdated at all, and thats what I'm looking for the most in Guild Wars.

--
    Best to Worst list of MMOs :
    Bought : AO, EVE, PS, Lineage II, Lineage, Neocron, StarPeace, Horizons, DAOC
    Tried : WoW, Guild Wars, Ryzom, SWG, AC2, E&B, EQ2, RO, The Sims Online, EQ, Shadowbane

--
    Best to Worst list of MMOs :
    Bought : AO, EVE, PS, Lineage II, Lineage, Neocron, StarPeace, Horizons, DAOC
    Tried : WoW, Guild Wars, EQ2, Ryzom, CoH, SWG, AC2, E&B, RO, The Sims Online, EQ, Shadowbane

• EffectEffect Member UncommonPosts: 949
    I think the graphics will be just fine when they come out. Not everyone aims  for ultra realistic graphics. Just look at what Ultima X was going to be like. Look at how World of Warcraft looks. From playing the special event during E3 and looking how things are now I think things are going to be fine and I'm sure they might update things if they need to in one of the expansions.

• AkuyaziAkuyazi Member Posts: 23

graphics are great.. there are diffrent types of graphics like you have the anime-ish  ragnarok online type grahpics and there are the realistic like this or the fantasy ones like l2 all diffrent...

this game wont be outdated.. ive played it during e3 and i liked it very much it wont get outdated cuz no one will be able to play it for long periods of time.. world preview event is 3 days and the beta is a weekend a month.. you'll be waiting for more time to play and b4 u know it it'll be released... and when that happens ppl who never heard of it b4 will see it in stores and play it and love it.. and by the time you get bored of it a new expansion will come out...

• PHxReignPHxReign Member Posts: 15

The graphics lame? Oh my... have you even played Guild Wars yet? Imho the graphics suite the gametype very well and compared to some other stuff that I've seen of future games like Dungeon Siege 2, this looks way better.

But who cares about graphics anyway, it's the gameplay that counts. Just look at Chris Sawyers Locomotion, which is just a slightly updated Transport Tycoon, but the gameplay just rocks (except for the annoying fact that you have to replace your trains every 6 or 7 years).

• hopbouncehopbounce Member Posts: 21

honestly, I remember reading a message from someone saying before "Guild Wars is going to be outdated by the time it comes out".  That's just silly.  If Guild Wars is going to be outdated in 6 months, then EQ2 and WoW are outdated ALREADY.  The netcode for Guild Wars is a step above both games; it's not just because it's instanced, the general structure is simply more superior.  The graphics, in my opinion, are also better than both EQ2 and WoW.  Considering the only other big MMORPG scheduled to be released in the next 6 months is CoV...you get my point.

• AkuyaziAkuyazi Member Posts: 23
    i havent played wow yet.. but all the everquest games seem pretty much the same.. sure theres new skills and quests.. but basically its the same thing.. lvling ur char all day.. and for what.. theres really nothing special.. no offense to those who like eq i like EQ but ive only played EQOA for ps2... i think eq has a higher chance of being outdated then guild wars..