Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

January News

KhalathwyrKhalathwyr Member UncommonPosts: 3,133

http://www.mortalonline.com/news/january21-1-09

Beta development

We have a very hectic and interesting half year in front of us, as we now have entered into the beta development phase of Mortal Online. Due to heavy workload we unfortunately have very little time for releasing new information this month - the game must always be our top priority.

Community event

This month we were challenged by the Mortal Online community in the mod “dota” based on Warcraft 3, frozen throne. Dota is a team-based pvp game for up to 5 vs 5 players. We have accepted the challenge and the match will take place tomorrow, Thursday 22th of January.

There will be some nice prizes for the community if they manage to beat the development team. (Not that they will, but anyway.) Read about the rules and prizes here. The community team is complete, but there may still be time to sign up as a reserve if you are interested in participating in this match!

Ending notes

That´s all we have to offer this time. Don’t forget to check the forums for upcoming releases and other fun stuff. We developers try to be active on the forums whenever possible, to read or answer your questions and comments.

"Many nights, my friend... Many nights I've put a blade to your throat while you were sleeping. Glad I never killed you, Steve. You're alright..."

Chavez y Chavez

Comments

• KhalathwyrKhalathwyr Member UncommonPosts: 3,133

Well, beta phase has confirmed to be going now. I guess I should point out that that doesn't mean the public is being invited into beta, only that the game itself is in internal beta. Good news as it keeps to the published schedule.

"Many nights, my friend... Many nights I've put a blade to your throat while you were sleeping. Glad I never killed you, Steve. You're alright..."

Chavez y Chavez

• AsboAsbo Member UncommonPosts: 812

At this rate you may well beat DFO release date...

Asbo

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Originally posted by Khalathwyr

Due to heavy workload we unfortunately have very little time for releasing new information this month - the game must always be our top priority.

Twilight Zone stuff, deja vu and all that.  Does this line sound at all familiar to anyone?

Well, they've learned from the 'Master' it seems. 

edit: Wow, couldn't resist, yet another lesson learned from the Master.

"I guess I should point out that that doesn't mean the public is being invited into beta, only that the game itself is in internal beta."

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Originally posted by Kyleran

Due to heavy workload we unfortunately have very little time for releasing new information this month - the game must always be our top priority.

Twilight Zone stuff, deja vu and all that.  Does this line sound at all familiar to anyone?

"I guess I should point out that that doesn't mean the public is being invited into beta, only that the game itself is in internal beta."

Well, you are entitled to your opinion, even if your delivery of said opinion is often in a manner to incite flaming and argument.

/rhetorical

I just wonder do you make the rounds to every game, or just the sandbox ones, and point out such observations when a developer posts something along those lines.

/rhetorical off

Chavez y Chavez

Originally posted by Kyleran

Ahh, so now the Kyleran mandate is that if a game enters beta, it must immediately start letting players in the first week it enters that state.

Ok, seriously, I know you may have been abused by folks over on the DF forums, but do you really have to let that hatred permeate your appearance on other boards? I mean, if that's what you know and who you are, hey, have at it. Just looks bitter and little to me.

Chavez y Chavez

• tboxtbox Member Posts: 372

I just pray your dev team takes its time and does not get too ahead of themselves.   Progress is wonderful but rushing is something as a fan of the sandbox MMO's I fear or you and myself, as the customer. I want Mortal Online to be successful both financially and  in creating  fun and enjoyment for its players.