Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to download and sign up for account?

I am trying to download the game and sign up for an account.

It seems there are two websites?  One is www.perfectworld.com and one is http://www.perfectworld.com.my/

Does it matter which site i create my account with?  One seems to be by cubizone?

Also where should i download the client from.  Again both of the sites have different clients.

Comments

• nimbrethilnimbrethil Member Posts: 41

I used the link here and created account, then download there client, aprox 2hours.

Simple.

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

The .com.my version is located in Malaysia. The .com version is located in North America.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • wyrdewyrde Member UncommonPosts: 54

Each is a licensed version of Perfect World II, but you probably want the .com verions (which is what this section of mmorpg.com is dedicated to). To further confuse matters, there's perfectworld.ms which is the European multi-language version. :)

There's actually 12 different versions the last time I checked (each located in different countries and translated into different languages, with .ms there will be three translated into English).

Anyway... you want http://pwi.perfectworld.com/download

-w

• MahloMahlo Member UncommonPosts: 814
    Originally posted by nimbrethil

I used the link here and created account, then download there client, aprox 2hours.
    Simple.

So it's not supposed to take about 30 hours, which is the time extimated on my download? Done 4% in over an hour. I'm in the UK on broadband.

• NetspookNetspook Member UncommonPosts: 1,583
    Originally posted by Mahlo

Originally posted by nimbrethil

Simple.

So it's not supposed to take about 30 hours, which is the time extimated on my download? Done 4% in over an hour. I'm in the UK on broadband.

The game, installed and patched, is only 2.6 GB. The client file is something near that size, don't remember the exact number.

You don't tell what kind of speed you have, but for each mb/s you should download something like 450 MB per hour (128 kb/s), at full speed.

It's coming in at around 20-25k per second, which is abysmal as we have an 8 meg line. The settings are telling us we're getting about 6.5 megs, which is about as high as we can get without being in the exchange. I know it's about the worst time to download a game, but still, 25k per second?

• NetspookNetspook Member UncommonPosts: 1,583

I downloaded the bit torrent version, and had excellent speed all the time. I recommend you try that, at least if you're familiar with bit torrents.

I think it's my ISP, Eclipse. They were good a few years ago, but I've had problems recently. The connection speed is fine until I try to download a big file it seems. I've tried Altantica and that is getting download speeds of around 50k/sec. I finally downloaded PWI anyway. Will send an email to Eclipse about it though.

• ValiumSummerValiumSummer Member Posts: 1,008

I am having the same problem in the U.S.   I have a 4 meg cable connection and my download calculated to about 2 years and that was just part one of 4 ... lol.

• BakoryoBakoryo Member UncommonPosts: 469

I recommend the torrent, it goes way faster. Made me download the client within an hour at max speed of my connection (10mb so 1.2mb/s)

The speed of the mole and the power of steel is my weapon

• ValiumSummerValiumSummer Member Posts: 1,008

I'm having luck with fileshack

www.fileshack.com