Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Umm a customization question?

Ive read a lot of good reviews about this game but I am concerned about one thing; Character Customization.

I want to try this game out but Ive seen many people complain about the number of skills. Ive heard its only 2  or 3 per class.

Does your main also have only 2 o3 skills or does he get more.

I am downloading this game and am going to try it out but if there is so little character customization I dont't think I will play for long.

Comments

• tbiaslorintbiaslorin Member CommonPosts: 15

It is true there is very little customization 'per unit'.  Your main typically has an area-effect skill:  Evanescent Scud for Staff mains, Chaos Wind for Ranged mains, and Break Down for Melee Mains.  You also get a skill that matches your chosen weapon type (Freezing Axe for axe main for example, and Wild Shot for Gunners).  Additionally, there are a couple other skills such as Guard Dispel (dispels the Holy Guard spell) and Deadly Shot/Deadly strike.

However, I'd caution you to still try the game, because the customization is more about what you are playing for all 9 of your units, not just your main.  For example, do you want to play a trick build of all Archers or Artillery?  Do you want to run a stun build with a combination of gunners and artillery?  Do you want a melee build with spears/axes?  There are dozens and hundreds of combinations utilizing your entire party and not just worrying about your main.

The game has a lot of depth under its sometimes quirky exterior.

• felifefelife Member Posts: 96

the points is... very little custumization per unit... but... you have 9 units in team + 4 in merc room for exchange in the combat... mains have 3 skills+ with new update will be 4... staff mercs, exo and prophet always have 3 or 4 spells, melees class D have 2, main skill + deadly strike, same thing with ranges, one spell + deadly shot, class C range/melee only have 1 spell( exept exo and prophet )

Atlantica beginner guide
    If you look the guide please comment
    Akabane - argos - 9x

• dubistblaudubistblau Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 274

well said felife...well said. character customization is not that important... the game itself offers a lot and i think playing itr will help you appreciate more. so you'd better try it asap.^^

• dt1984dt1984 Member Posts: 218

I can't agree more. The main character customization shouldn't be the reason as to why you will not enjoy the game. Just think of it, 9 all in all during battle with a different choice of spells per merc and the different combination of mercs in a team. And don't forget the combos you can do with 2 or more spells.

• mummagugmemummagugme Member Posts: 14

i think you can customize it more now.. there's a secret vial of rebirth where you can change your appearance and gender, i think there are more looks that you can have now,,