Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Confused about armor.

DailusDailus Member Posts: 80

I have some questions about the armor system. I never really looked at armor very closely because I was mainly a pilot, but as of late I am getting much more involved in the ground game.

- Exotics/ non exotics? As I understand it non exotics are the stats you can have added to armor luck, precission, etc, but what are the values of the exotics? I hear different terms being thrown around, but with no manual how do I know whats out there and how do I choose?

- Innate chest piece mod? This is a mod the same as a pup, but its an actually part of the armor? Like a permanate pup? Can you only have one? Is there a list of pup mods?

In the past I pretty much just looked at protections, but swg armor seems to have much more depth than I realized and its difficult to sift through without a manual.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• GutboyGutboy Member Posts: 630

Our guild leader has this website up for all the different known combo's of mods for armor, clothing and weapons.

http://www.swghuntersguild.com/JunkYard/

The exotic mods can only be used in the armor chest plate, shirt and weapon becausee they are powerful. One of the best places to see what each actually does is on the official forums by Badgersmaker:

http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/posts/list.m?topic_id=265090

• ummaxummax Member Posts: 779

you can add to your chestpiece one built in mod plus a mod attachment which can have 3 stats

Exotics are mods that dont go on every piece of armour

for example you can put luck, precision and stamina on attachments that will fit into any slot on your armour including a chestpiece. But there are certain stats that only go on a chestpiece that wont go anywhere else

Classically everyone puts non exotic mods on all pieces of their armour except their chestpiece and puts exotics on the chestpiece, but you can put non exotic mods on the chestpiece ifyou like  though..

This goes for a few other things as well.  Weapons will take exotics in the attachment slot and so will a shirt.  Any other item that is crafted that you wear can't thought

Also power ups there is one for a weapon, one for your shirt and one for your chestpiece which can be made of certain exotics or of certain regular non exotic stats. 

The built in stats for kinetic, energy etc are resistances which depend on resource quality and the presence of layers, but attachements and pups give stat boosts instead. 

All this stuff is crafted.   It takes a bit to understand and you do have to study and think about what you want, but in the end make sure you purchase armour with slots and if you want the extra stat request the chestpiece be made with it (custom stuff).  This same goes with a weapon make sure that there is at the very least a slot in it ory ou can't add the attachments.  You can add an augment and enhancement as well but this has to be done in the crafting process (more stat boosts really)  and when you buy a shirt to go under your armour make sure that has a slot so that you can have an attachment made for it as well.

• DailusDailus Member Posts: 80

Thank you for the replys. I think I am beginning to get a grasp on how things work. I play a pistoleer/lucky smuggler. I had wanted a capped suit with 35's in Luck, agility, and precission. If I order this suit I then also order a exotic/static mod for the chest piece? This mod could be luck which would stack with the other luck mods?

• ummaxummax Member Posts: 779

yeah you can add luck to the chestpiece however you are then waisting an exotic slot which you will likely once you are around in your proff longer want to replace.  If you have luck actualy crafted into the chestpiece and want it replaced you will need a new chestpiece.   Personally I would advise agaisn't adding a regular stat into an exotic slot as you will be wasting it.  

If it were me making a new chestpiece right now and since smugglers are damage dealers I would have ranged damage or crit crafted into the chest piece and other damage mods added into the attachements.  These are all exotics that will increase you ability to cause damage or crit more often (depending on which exotic you choose).  If you add luck to your chestpiece then you can't add these as you will be occupying the slot with regular stats. So you have to choose. 

My personal opinion is that adding any non exotic to an exotic slot is something you will regret later on down the line.  Granted you can then change the attachement, but if you have luck crafted into your chestpiece your stuck with it so be warned and choose wisely when it comes to what you get crafted into the chestpiece and gun as you are stuck with it unless you get a new chestpiece made.

I probably would add something like pistol critical chance into the chestpiece, and for the attachement add pistol damage, another critical chance increase, humanoid crit chance and for the pup i would add pistol damage or pistol crit chance. 

I would not add luck to a chestpiece though its a waste of an exotic slot