Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

warrior or hunter?

im fairly new and me and my friend are making new horde accounts on a pvp realm. i like the look of hunters, and warlock and i like the way they play. the question is, which one? i heard hunters arent very good in pvp...but also i heard they are if used right. but mostly im lookin for one that will be fun

Comments

• ghogielghogiel Member Posts: 166

In WoW, hybrid class = classes that can heal. Ie: Shaman, Priest, Paladin, Druid.
    In WoW, pure class = classes w/ only one role. Ie: Warlock, Hunter, Rogue, Mage.
    Warrior and DK is somewhere between hybrid and pure - because they can tank or dps.

Nowadays, I believe: "When in doubt, pick a Hybrid class." You can't mess it up.
    Seriously - if you're not sure what you want to do in WoW - pick a hybrid class:
    * All classes in WoW can do comparable damage (DPS), anyway - so why limiting yourself to a class w/ just single possible role ?
    * If you choose, you can have a different role later on:
    - Druid being able to deal melee dps, ranged dps, can tank, can heal
    - Priest being able to heal, deal ranged dps
    - Shaman: ranged dps, melee dps and heal
    - Paladin: melee dps, heal and tank
    * Having said that, pure classes have one and only one role: dealing damage. That's -it-.
    * Hybrid classes bring tons of utilities.

But if you insist on limiting your choice between Hunter, Warlock and Warrior - pick a Warrior:
    * Hunter and Warlock are pure class: DPS is the only thing you could do (and you won't be the best at it either - you'll only be marginally a bit better than Hybrids).
    * Warrior can tank or dps (one tree allows you to dual wielding two-handed weapons).

• SomeOldBlokeSomeOldBloke Member UncommonPosts: 2,167

The main difference between Hunter/Warlock and Warrior are the first two are 'pet classes' whereas a warrior is solo. This means that you have a pet to tank for you while you shoot arrows or shadowbolts at the target. you can also heal you pets when they take damage.

Hunters pets are taimed creatures and Warlocks are summoned demons. Go to Petopia for the list of tamable hunters pets. Warlocks get up to 5 pets, the first 4 you get via quests at levels 2, 10, 20 and 30 and have different attibutes - the 5th you get as a 51 point talent in the demonolgy tree.

All 3 wear different armor: Warlock is cloth all the way to level 80, Hunter is leather to level 40 then mail afterwards and Warrior is mail until level 40 the plate afterwards.

Try all 3 until level 20 to see which prefer.

• elf8blisself8bliss Member UncommonPosts: 304

The 1st toon I rolled was a Night Elf Hunter, it was my main for awhile. I loved playing that toon and still do. They can be very effective and deadly in pvp if played right, especially if you spec pet talent tree, tho I'm a marksman/survival spec, I hold my own just fine. I would go for hunter. Haven't played a warrior very much to comment. But I know they can be badass in pvp.