Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

over powered weapons = stupid

ed515ed515 Member Posts: 67

what's the point of getting to lvl 40 within a few hours? they should have kept them on the old character return server (Novus) only. I hate to say it, but CM's version didn't have this stupidity in it.

To bad I was really looking forward to this game returning.

Comments

• sbantingsbanting Member Posts: 238

Its because the server is at 3x, but 40 is nothing, get to 50 in easy time, then i'd be suprised. 40 alows you do really good moves and get all the great things for your class, its still not that quick the get pts up, which you need to be good. CCR couldn't have Codemasters' database as they'd have to buy it back, as its codemasters ownership, also it was hard to transfer the database from the old version to the latest.

Plus yur still 15 levels from the top, and that will take a long time.

• xersentxersent Member Posts: 613

The over-powered weapons are used for Chip-War , u dont use them in general play! u just buy normal weapons to lvl up and do your PTs , or your gonna gimp yourself , im Lv24 at the moment and my PT's are Maxed out and so are my Skill PT's , now i can use an over powered weapon to Lv up to the next lvl so i can start on my PTs again.. common sence really.

• catfudcatfud Member Posts: 135

I've used the OP weapons all the way up to 42 haven't gimped myself in the slightest. If anything the OP weapons help you PT at later lvls because they only require lvl 1 to be used. The only PT you want to be careful with is shield but then this all depends on your class. This game IMO begins at 40 everything before is really a boring grind. The OP weapons make sense. 40 may seem close to the end but getting to lvl 55 isn't going to be quick or easy. Let alone getting all your gear... theres a lot of work a head of you at 40.

------------------------------------------------
    Founder of The Divine Council of Pyr
    MMO: Ryzom - RF Online
    Ryzom FREE Trial: PLAY NOW!!! - The must play MMO!

• xersentxersent Member Posts: 613
    Originally posted by catfud

I've used the OP weapons all the way up to 42 haven't gimped myself in the slightest. If anything the OP weapons help you PT at later lvls because they only require lvl 1 to be used. The only PT you want to be careful with is shield but then this all depends on your class. This game IMO begins at 40 everything before is really a boring grind. The OP weapons make sense. 40 may seem close to the end but getting to lvl 55 isn't going to be quick or easy. Let alone getting all your gear... theres a lot of work a head of you at 40.

Good reply Catfud , i now see what the OP weapons are for .. as u say u can lvl up faster and sort your PTs out at a later date with the OP weapons just didnt look at it like that.

And hope u dont mind me saying but your Shield PT isnt really an issue when u think about it coz u can train that up when ever u want... even if u leave it at Lv1 ... shield will always PT up no matter how low it is.

• catfudcatfud Member Posts: 135
    Originally posted by xersent

And hope u dont mind me saying but your Shield PT isnt really an issue when u think about it coz u can train that up when ever u want... even if u leave it at Lv1 ... shield will always PT up no matter how low it is.

This is a really good point too, never thought about it that way either. Thats probably why you arn't given an OP shield at startup.

Founder of The Divine Council of Pyr
    MMO: Ryzom - RF Online
    Ryzom FREE Trial: PLAY NOW!!! - The must play MMO!

• gaming4evergaming4ever Member Posts: 1

Yeah, OP weapons are for faster levelling only. You can also used it on chip wars if you want too. Anyway overpowered weapons are not that bad, if you have one that is. xD

gamer78

• SignoreSignore Member Posts: 127

I think it was a Smart move personally, The Reason I didn't make it through RF online to higher levels was the Insanely Boring grind.

back when it was P2P I Made it to lvl 25 and was bored out of my mind, And I did understand that it was worth getting higher lvls for the pvp but I found it wasn't worth it x.x

• yigaelyigael Member Posts: 42
    Originally posted by catfud

Originally posted by xersent

This is a really good point too, never thought about it that way either. Thats probably why you arn't given an OP shield at startup.

thing is, if you're going to raise your pt at higher levels, your gonna waster a lot more potions since the mobs will hit harder and it will take you longer to max it out.

I patiently raised my char now that the game is back at CCR and my current pts at lvl 43 are

melee 89/97 shild 79/79 def 77/79 and currently doing launcher 17/64

I have also GMed Basic and Expert melee attacks, 1 Elite attack and doing work on buffs in order to prepare for the Master skills

• TyrantasTyrantas Member UncommonPosts: 369

Leveling is really fast, it's second day i play rf (never played this game before on any server) and atm i am lvl 31.

My combat stats are: Melee 31/42 ; Range 14/30 ; UNIT 1/36 ; Force 10/99 ; Defense 29/36.

Ok and few questions as newbie. Do i need to lvl my Force skill if i am gonna be Berserker (already chosen Myrimidon) ?

What is UNIT skill, and do i need it ?

Also accepting all needed info for newbie :D

Regards, Sakkreth from Owen server.

• DevilXaphanDevilXaphan Member UncommonPosts: 1,144
    Originally posted by Tyrantas

Leveling is really fast, it's second day i play rf (never played this game before on any server) and atm i am lvl 31.
    My combat stats are: Melee 31/42 ; Range 14/30 ; UNIT 1/36 ; Force 10/99 ; Defense 29/36.
    Ok and few questions as newbie. Do i need to lvl my Force skill if i am gonna be Berserker (already chosen Myrimidon) ? yes level force as it raises your FP which you will use up some, not too high just enough to use for some skills.
    What is UNIT skill, and do i need it ? It is used for drivers/Armor Riders to operate the M.A.U.
    Also accepting all needed info for newbie :D

Regards, Sakkreth from Owen server.

Thanks DevilXaphan, but i have few more questions. I hope someone can answer them.

How to vote for wanted person when voting window pops up ? I just always close it, cos i don't know how to vote.

When should i start looking for a guild ? Till now (lvl33) i did everything alone, just quests and grinding, never been even in a group.

I bought some cash shop points, i have 1k points, and i will only spend max 10$ per month (1k points per month), so on what should i spend em, and is it really worth to use cash shop ?

I hope some kind person with experience in rf will be able to answer my question.

Thanks DevilXaphan, but i have few more questions. I hope someone can answer them.
    How to vote for wanted person when voting window pops up ? I just always close it, cos i don't know how to vote.
    When should i start looking for a guild ? Till now (lvl33) i did everything alone, just quests and grinding, never been even in a group.
    I bought some cash shop points, i have 1k points, and i will only spend max 10$ per month (1k points per month), so on what should i spend em, and is it really worth to use cash shop ?

I hope some kind person with experience in rf will be able to answer my question.

For voting, I think if you click on the left is for yes, right for no, after that you should see a bar on the voting window, then you can close it.

For a guild, that depends on the guild itself, some accept lowbies while others will only take 45+, after server merge(Chiron), grouping should be a lot easier, since there are more people, which mean more probabilities of finding a group near your level or a kind mid to high lvl that will powerlevel you, but this game isnt all about the levels, work your pt, max them out and then level. My accretian is lvl 48 melee at gm, shld and def at 91/99 plus all skills gmed

For cash points, save them for the begining of end game, around lvl 48, unless you want to get jades to raise xp gain or xp recovery pills(these sell real good!). When you hit 50, you will want to start adding talics to your stuff, and that will demand a lot of money, so save for 100% upgraders

Originally posted by yigael

For voting, I think if you click on the left is for yes, right for no, after that you should see a bar on the voting window, then you can close it.

For a guild, that depends on the guild itself, some accept lowbies while others will only take 45+, after server merge(Chiron), grouping should be a lot easier, since there are more people, which mean more probabilities of finding a group near your level or a kind mid to high lvl that will powerlevel you, but this game isnt all about the levels, work your pt, max them out and then level. My accretian is lvl 48 melee at gm, shld and def at 91/99 plus all skills gmed

For cash points, save them for the begining of end game, around lvl 48, unless you want to get jades to raise xp gain or xp recovery pills(these sell real good!). When you hit 50, you will want to start adding talics to your stuff, and that will demand a lot of money, so save for 100% upgraders

Thanks yigael,

Ok if it's not a must i'll better wait, and get ino better guild.

Well bout groups, i am playing in Owen not Chiron, but got that anyways.

Ok will save em (as i thought i'll need to do), no i don't think i need xp jades etc.

Btw i get cash points pretty much cheaper :D, maybe its worth them somehow to trade for dalants, if thats doable without getting banned ?

Btw i get cash points pretty much cheaper :D, maybe its worth them somehow to trade for dalants, if thats doable without getting banned ?

Cash points arent tradeable as far as I know

Originally posted by yigael

Cash points arent tradeable as far as I know

Most of the stuff buyed from it is tradeable :D