Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

any know a good factions elementalist pvp build.

killer1337killer1337 Member Posts: 19

Ok, im new to the game i was just wandering if there was a good build for pvp having factions only.

playing: Guild wars and WoW
waiting for: GW2
played: runescape, maplestory, eudemonsonline, Atlantica, conquer online, diablo2, dungeon runners, and flyff.

Comments

• almerelalmerel Member UncommonPosts: 658

-Almerel

Hello my old friend.

• GodliestGodliest Member Posts: 3,486

With factions only skills you will be greatly lacking single player damage and the elites featured are all rather bad. The best I can come up with would be something along the lines of this:

• Immolate.
    • Fireball.
    • Double Dragon.
    • Glyph of Lesser Energy.
    • Weapon of Warding.
    • Fire Attunement.
    • Resurrection Signet.

Not that great but the +2 fire magic from Double Dragon is good, then just spam Immolate and Fireball for lots of damage. Use Weapon of Warding to defend your allies.

• killer1337killer1337 Member Posts: 19

k thanks and pvxwiki doesn't really work if you only have factions

playing: Guild wars and WoW
    waiting for: GW2
    played: runescape, maplestory, eudemonsonline, Atlantica, conquer online, diablo2, dungeon runners, and flyff.

• RodentofdoomRodentofdoom Member Posts: 273

Check the forums at gw-guru

they have a sections devoted to pvp, and pve/hero's aswell

Originally posted by Rodentofdoom
    Check the forums at gw-guru

they have a sections devoted to pvp, and pve/hero's aswell

Although with Factions only hero's only forums isn't very relevant now is it? But yeah, asking there might give you an answer.

• cryoracryora Member Posts: 367

I like using this combo:

Enervating Charge       (causes weakness)

Stoning                           (knocks them down)

Ash Blast                        (blinds them)

Good against people trying to run away because of knockdown as well as weapon users because of blinding. Won't cause major damage, but will still do some damage. Best used when you have a melee character on your team.

Tenai's Wind                 (knocks down enemies adjacent to you)

Shockwave                    (large damage for NPC's)

or

Energy Boon                 (for self-heal)

Any sort of mind attack, e.g. Mind Burn (especially), Mind Shock, Mind Freeze, is good against non-elementalist because they cause alot of damage for only 5 energy and exhaustion.

I've also found Glimmering Mark (only if you have Prophecies) to be a pretty strong spell.

Gust can cause a 3 second knockdown (as long as the enemy is hexed with an Earth or Water hex), which is more time than a normal knockdown, so using this elite might be better than the 3 spell combination I have above.

• LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,938
    Originally posted by Nodder 
    Yes but, the PvP is very constructed though as in a WAR scenario. Very limiting compared to WOW and EVE.

What exactly does that have to do with the fact that the OP wants a build and he/she can obtain them there?

Originally posted by Lydon
    Originally posted by Nodder 
    Yes but, the PvP is very constructed though as in a WAR scenario. Very limiting compared to WOW and EVE.
    What exactly does that have to do with the fact that the OP wants a build and he/she can obtain them there?

Exactly my question as well. Serious warning for people wanting to flame a game so badly they have to make a completely off-topic comment about it...

And at Cryora: Shockwave for NPCs? The only place where Shockwave would be mildly usable is AB, but that's more PvE than PvP if you ask me... Energy Boon by the way is a horrible skill, if you want heals just bring Aura of Restoration.

• cryoracryora Member Posts: 367

Well Factions does let you fight against other players in maps where NPCs are present, and the goal is to defeat the other side, so in the large perspective of things I still consider it PvP. Perhaps the OP actually meant smaller PvP scenarios where teams of four go against each other, but the fact that he mentioned Factions led me to believe that he might actually be talking about Alliance Battles and other Kurzick vs Luxon PvP Battles.

In my opinion, Energy Boon is a good skill because it doesn't require a constant casting of spells to keep you healed. Plus it gives you and energy bonus, allowing you to push your energy consumption even further. But I guess it really depends on the player's playing style. I personally kite alot, and so obviously Energy Boon would be the choice for me because it can be activated in an emergency and still work while I am running.

Originally posted by cryora
    Well Factions does let you fight against other players in maps where NPCs are present, and the goal is to defeat the other side, so in the large perspective of things I still consider it PvP. Perhaps the OP actually meant smaller PvP scenarios where teams of four go against each other, but the fact that he mentioned Factions led me to believe that he might actually be talking about Alliance Battles and other Kurzick vs Luxon PvP Battles.In my opinion, Energy Boon is a good skill because it doesn't require a constant casting of spells to keep you healed. Plus it gives you and energy bonus, allowing you to push your energy consumption even further. But I guess it really depends on the player's playing style. I personally kite alot, and so obviously Energy Boon would be the choice for me because it can be activated in an emergency and still work while I am running.

The thing is that in AB you shouldn't start fighting players but only run in circles killing NPCs and capping shrines. In JQ it's the same, except you should defend the turtles too. It's not really PvE, but neither can it be called PvP. Anyway, it would be nice if OP specified arenas, since I assumed he would be playing RA or TA, although the build above would probably work decently in AB too.

And regarding Energy Boon: there's simply so many other, better, non-elite skills that provide health and to manage energy just use Glyph of Lesser Energy. In the end you waste your elite on a shitty skill.

• LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,938
    Originally posted by Godliest 

The thing is that in AB you shouldn't start fighting players but only run in circles killing NPCs and capping shrines. In JQ it's the same, except you should defend the turtles too. It's not really PvE, but neither can it be called PvP. Anyway, it would be nice if OP specified arenas, since I assumed he would be playing RA or TA, although the build above would probably work decently in AB too.
    And regarding Energy Boon: there's simply so many other, better, non-elite skills that provide health and to manage energy just use Glyph of Lesser Energy. In the end you waste your elite on a shitty skill.

No...just no.

Whilst the point of Alliance Battles may be to indeed cap shrines, I am yet in my thousands of battles under my belt to play a game in which no one has partaken in the PvP aspect. The Alliance Battle team who knows what it is doing will not mindlessly cap shrines in circles...it will cap shrines and defend them from a position that allows them to defend more than one shrine at once. 

You may not enjoy it, but that in no way means it is not PvP.