Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Your favorite MMORPG trailer?

GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

One thing that gets me excited about mmorpg's are trailers. Websites full of information are nice, but nothing beats real footage.

My personal favorite has to be the trailer for EVE Online called: EVE Never Fades.

I'm not a fan of the game, but the trailer is probably one of the most memorable mmorpg trailers ever.

www.youtube.com/watch

Comments

• Knived11Knived11 Member Posts: 262

Yeah im a big fan of the EVE Trailers but never rly got into the game i played for 2 months and then just gave up on it but the Trailers make me want to give it another shot everytime i see them. But i rly did like the WAR Trailer it was EPIC imho so its a tie between the two following Trailers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKviRpvGXBs

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKOhzfkCdbY

"Emotion, yet peace.
    Ignorance, yet knowledge.
    Passion, yet serenity.
    Chaos, yet harmony.
    Death, yet the Force"
    The Original Jedi Code

• chryseschryses Member UncommonPosts: 1,453

WAR and AoC have the best trailers by a long shot.  EVE comes a very close 3rd.  WAR's trailers were incredible and the AoC promo is pretty freaking cool.  

• Calind0rCalind0r Member Posts: 735

Lineage 2 hands down, no other game has come close, although WAR's were decent.

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627

Lineage 2 by far...especially the one they showed at E3 - 2003 Chronicle 2.  Best ever.

• redbranredbran Member Posts: 16

Well, If it's the best trailer I've SEEN then I'd have to say....... 1st: The Wakfu Trailer and 2nd: The Dofus Trailer Go to amakna.com then click on games then click on those two and it will offer you the trailers.They may not be so action packed, but I still like them.

• astrob0yastrob0y Member Posts: 702

Nice post you have here Gameloading :) 

I must say that this trailer did set my "addiction nerv" on fire when I first saw it. And the hype around the game with all its freedom...oh man.

trailer from 2006

se.youtube.com/watch

trailer from the new trial zone from 2008

se.youtube.com/watch

I7@4ghz, 5970@ 1 ghz/5ghz, water cooled||Former setups Byggblogg||Byggblogg 2|| Msi Wind u100

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627
    Originally posted by astrob0y

Nice post you have here Gameloading :) 
    I must say that this trailer did set my "addiction nerv" on fire when I first saw it. And the hype around the game with all its freedom...oh man.
     trailer from 2006
    se.youtube.com/watch
    trailer from the new trial zone from 2008
    se.youtube.com/watch

Watching those makes me wish to play Vanguard again...I only wish it had combat like Mount and Blade.  OMG...that would make Vanguard the best frakkin MMORPG on the planet!

• tvalentinetvalentine Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,216
    Originally posted by Teala

Lineage 2 by far...especially the one they showed at E3 - 2003 Chronicle 2.  Best ever.

i agree. All Lineage 2 trailers are kickass and i miss the old days when the community werent a buncha botters, it is the only game i dont feel the need to race to the max level.

@OP well like i said All the lineage 2 trailers are great, but as for "new" trailer. I pick http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cw8INj-7-Lw

usually i would pick a great CGI trailer, but i'll pick this one, because the gameplay is badass.

Playing: EVE Online
    Favorite MMOs: WoW, SWG Pre-cu, Lineage 2, UO, EQ, EVE online
    Looking forward to: Archeage, Kingdom Under Fire 2
    KUF2's Official Website - http://www.kufii.com/ENG/ -

• x_rast_xx_rast_x Member Posts: 745

For me it'd be EvE Never Fades, hands down, even though that trailer is several years old now.  It's very well done and one of the vanishingly few trailers I've seen for any MMO that highlights non-combat aspects of the game.

I liked the Aion character creation vid from a few months back for the same reasons, though it's not as good, IMO.

• SholShol Member Posts: 361

The big companies like Blizzard and NCSoft make the good cinematic trailer, probably because of the costs involved. Blizzard ones are IMO technically the best (watch in the lichking video the hair of the fur) but the Lineage ones (which is NCSoft) have this stylish combat I like to see plus a wonderful atmosphere.

Best linage cinematic I know is this one. (I think you can download a HQ version of the official site)

Another trailer (claims to be ingame graphics which I doubt) I like is mortal online where the music fits nicely to the scenes you see.

The VG trailers are made from ingame footage so they are not half impressive like cinematic ones, but the second one is nicely made.

• x_rast_xx_rast_x Member Posts: 745
    Originally posted by Shol

The VG trailers are made from ingame footage so they are not half impressive like cinematic ones, but the second one is nicely made.

I've always preferred the trailers made from in-game footage so long as it's well-edited and presented.  I'm watching a trailer for a game, I want to see the game.  Not the movie version.

But again, that's just my opinion.

• mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356
    Originally posted by x_rast_x

For me it'd be EvE Never Fades, hands down, even though that trailer is several years old now.  It's very well done and one of the vanishingly few trailers I've seen for any MMO that highlights non-combat aspects of the game.
    I liked the Aion character creation vid from a few months back for the same reasons, though it's not as good, IMO.

Couldnt agree more. EVE Never Fades is a great and very atmospheric trailer and never gets old.

• miagisanmiagisan Member Posts: 5,156

all the eve ones, especially Never Fades, and the WAR one.

• bobfishbobfish Member UncommonPosts: 1,679

Kingdom Under Fire II

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=PnV_0QPbtzU

I prefer cinematics to in-game footage for the jaw-dropping factor, but in-game of course is important if you actually want to play the game.

KUF2's trailer is 100% in-game footage, probably taken from the PS3 or 360 version, but it will be out on the PC too. Might not really be massively as far as MMOs go, but its still an MMO.

Never fades is awesome though.

• VosenVosen Member Posts: 102

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

I love the Lineage 2 trailers because they take actual gameplay and make a trailer showing a story about the game. Also the trailers are truly epic.

• PezheadPezhead Member Posts: 149

Dynasty Warriors online trailer... now that's badass

It's almost 2010, and I am just not wiling to tolerate clunky graphics while being told that "gameplay is more important than graphics". That excuse won't wash with me any more. I expect my games to have both good graphics and good gameplay.
    -Quote Isoke(VN boards)