Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Let us help Atlantica be number 1...

dt1984dt1984 Member Posts: 218

The Choice award here was very exciting specially that we were able to snatch a good position on both voting  contest.

One of my friends gave me this link in MMOSITE which as Atlantica and nDoors in the list for Reader's Choice Award.

So why not help out and vote there as well. This is for this game that may eventually help us have the knowledgebase we always wanted. more fans means more guides right?

So here is the link:

http://contest.mmosite.com/gameprize/

See you in-game. ^-^

Comments

• FerdscuteFerdscute Member Posts: 108

sure thing man.. ill vote for atlantica!!

****there just finished voting!! hahaha!!

other Atlantica fans should vote too!! come on do the vote!!

• dubistblaudubistblau Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 274

we should all help our favorite game to win this contest. and i guess atlantica deserves to be branded as one of the best games that are present nowadays. i will surely help in voting and ask my guildmates to vote too! go AO!!!

• dubistblaudubistblau Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 274

hey! why aren't there any supporters posting here? i thought you guys wanted to help atlantica to be number 1? huhuhu. anyway, this won't help but i wish that AO players would unite as one for the good of the game!~!

• Sisko2009Sisko2009 Member Posts: 22

There is a neo-Nazi guild in Atlantica called "Holocaustic."  It's bad enough that they setup their organization on Atlantica, but you also have to see each person's guild name everytime you see them in the game.  Atlantica still hasn't done anything to get rid of this Nazi garbage.  I'll give them a 0 user rating once I find the option. 

• KordeshKordesh Member Posts: 1,715
    Originally posted by Sisko2009

There is a neo-Nazi guild in Atlantica called "Holocaustic."  It's bad enough that they setup their organization on Atlantica, but you also have to see each person's guild name everytime you see them in the game.  Atlantica still hasn't done anything to get rid of this Nazi garbage.  I'll give them a 0 user rating once I find the option. 

Don't bring up that Holocaustic BS again here. You've already derailed and killed one thread, now you're just trolling. 

Bans a perma, but so are sigs in necro posts.

EAT ME MMORPG.com!

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355

The existence of threads like this is why being #1 in whatever you're referring to doesn't mean much. 

• tbiaslorintbiaslorin Member CommonPosts: 15

Well, in that case no game would ever be #1 and we shouldn't even have an MMORPG.com...there is no community of any size on the net that I know of that is without its share of bad apples, infants, juveniles, foul-mouths and malcontents.  However, that also leaves a large group of good, honest people just trying to have fun.  One disgruntled player or even a group of disgruntled players does not prima facia make a game bad. 

The Atlantica community in-game is actually the nicest of any I have played, though I haven't played all that many MMO's (about a half dozen).  I have actually PvP battled with the player that is the subject of these posts, and he never said anything to me other than 'good game,' so if he holds a particular viewpoint, he's not very vocal about it.  I'm still trying to contact him about this issue to determine if it is being blown out of proportion or if it is a valid concern.

To be honest, your comment is probably the least helpful type, kind of like a drive-by shooting.

• dt1984dt1984 Member Posts: 218

Hmmm. i couldn't agree more with tbiaslorin on the community thing. The question is who are you trying to contact in-game? me or the neo-nazi thing? ^-^ in any case, the reason i believe why we have stopped growing in the ranking here is because most of the users in this forum is doesn't over hype and have voted there acount for the rank of atlantica. i'll ask my friends that has not yet voted there account here to vote it so we can get the 1st rank agin, hopefully. ^_^

By the way, i miss atlantica so much, iwasn't able to log in for a week again due to work, but am trying to squeeze my sched to log-in at least an hour or2 each week. lol If you have any questions,feel free to send me a message here. I'll try to help in any way. ^-^ That is what i can offer to help the Atlantian players here. ^-^

See you around in game if i'm logged in.

Balthial

Atlantica / Mycenae

Bow User / DemiGodz Guild

• sanedorsanedor Member Posts: 485

tried this game for a few hours , but got the feeling of a F2P game which is not good. was hoping for a bit better look.. maybe i missed something..?

• tbiaslorintbiaslorin Member CommonPosts: 15

What in particular made it feel free to play?  I can let you know if a particular aspect gets better, or not.  It's been #1 here for a while, so there are at least a couple ten thousand folks who think it's pretty good.=)  It might also not be your style of game; what types do you usually play?

I for one like a lot of aspects of the game, but also acknowledge it's pretty quirky in some places.  For example, some people don't like the weird, mutated animals, but personally I like fighting mutated otters, horses with flames and swords coming out of their head, and scythe-wielding dolls.  The combat I would say either makes or breaks it for most players; I'm more of a strategy gamer, so the turn-based/party-based combat appeals to me.

• sanedorsanedor Member Posts: 485

Hard to say, when i log into eq2 or lineage 2, lol even WoW you get the feeling of a solid game .. i just felt like i was walking on water colors and paper thin.. not sure that explains it right .. i tried it cause it was released and had killer hype.. loved the turn based part.. .. think i will reload it and try again maybe i was to hard on it and will give it more time .

Edited for spelling...

• trancejeremytrancejeremy Member UncommonPosts: 1,222
    Originally posted by sanedor

tried this game for a few hours , but got the feeling of a F2P game which is not good. was hoping for a bit better look.. maybe i missed something..?

Well, if you mean the graphics (and UI), yeah, definitely seems dated.

I think it's partially a matter of budget. Reminds me more of shareware (or indie) games vs commercial quality ones.

But the gameplay is pretty solid, I would say far better than any other "free" game, though perhaps not stacking up to some of the pay ones. After all, it is a free game for a reason.

R.I.P. City of Heroes and my 17 characters there

• jezvinjezvin Member UncommonPosts: 804

This is the first time I have seen a F2P mmo on the top list and I feel not the least bit upset about it.

This game has something none of the P2P can offer atm.

-------------------------------------------------
    Achiever 20.00%, Explorer 86.67%, Killer 60.00%, Socializer 33.33%

EKSA
    -------------------------------------------------

• impaktoimpakto Member Posts: 314

im really into this game and i have to say i'm lovin it being free-to -play...

and it ranked first so for sure a lot more people are in love with this game!

• grndzrogrndzro Member UncommonPosts: 1,162

Why would I vote.....I'm still protesting AO cause of stamina.

• babaerokababaeroka Member Posts: 6

well all i can say... we should vote for the best... the best for us. not any game that wants to be on top. don't let people dictate what you have to do. you have your own brain... think. play and think... think and play. :D i like this game...so far...

• ohmybabyohmybaby Member Posts: 17

i vote for atlantica... i play atlantica online... peace! mycenae server....

• pandorasboxpandorasbox Member Posts: 11

i vote for atlantica online and other gaming nominees... lets vote for the best and my the best game win... hehehe... 

• gameadiksgameadiks Member Posts: 120

i haven't played this game as much as you guys but well see i check the voting site many games can be voted but i choose to vote atlantica online.

• beaverzbeaverz Member Posts: 660

The ratings are total nonsense on mmo site, best graphic requiem? Gimme a break.

I'm not a no life that sits in front of his computer all day long, I'm an intern that sits in front of his computer all day long.