Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FABLE IS HERE! My review

Fable releases today... i pre-ordered it last night and am grabbing a coppy as soon as i can!

Playing: Vanguard SoH
Played: EQ, Planetside, SWG, WoW, EQ2

Comments

• Rock_RardRock_Rard Member UncommonPosts: 93

Post back and let us know what you think of it image

I'm thinking about getting it, but i'm going to rent it first, of course all the rental stores don't get it until friday around here image

Thanks in advance image

• MegaWolfMegaWolf Member Posts: 425

So far its fun... the story is cool and it makes me feel like im in the world... im still training at the heros guild but i like it!

• MegaWolfMegaWolf Member Posts: 425

alright... im in the point of the game were im actually doing quests. The way they work things is pretty cool.
    And almost everything you do reflects on how the people see you. What you wear, how you have your hair, what you kill, i mean everything. And what gives this game a cool feel is that you dont know how the people will see you if you do somthing... like if you kill a bird, you get a tiny little bit of evil points. Like just recently i walked into a camp and a bandit asked me to pay 400 gold to enter. I didnt want to pay, so of course i killed the whole camp of bandits. But what suprised me is that i got a crap load of "good" points.

Also... the stats on items are pretty cool. I got a longsword and its so heavy for my guy he drags it on the ground. There are stats that tell you if having that item is attractive or not, and if its not the people make fun of how you look. The towns are so alive and you fell as though you acomplish somthing when doing a good deed because you have cheering fans all around you. And if you do somthing bad, the people fear you and leave when you come near.

There is also a nice amount of mini games. I played the one where they lay out cards and there are 2 of each card on the table and you have to find the matching pair... you can do fun stuff like that when you dont feel like doing quests.

So far the game is really fun and at where i am right now i'd give it a :
    9/10

• moonfogmoonfog Member Posts: 979

Personaly I think it looks like a arcade game in a fantasy setting. Just like that Baldurs Gate crap for PS2.

Altho it looks pretty, Its just a hack and slash game. A hyped up mario game. =)

• lordthrawnlordthrawn Member Posts: 276
    I pre orderd it as well but damn gamestop called monday saying that they would have it the next afternoon so I stroll in on tuesday which is my day off thinking hell yeah I get to play this game on my day off....so I roll up to gamestop yesterday and I'm like so you got Fable right?  the employee was like yeah umm that message was sent out a day early.....by then I wanted to kill him for getting my hopes up...sigh...now I must wait till after work today to pick up the game....only 8 hours left..