Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Korea and Blizzard - Leviathan's of MMO's

MustarastasMustarastas Member UncommonPosts: 79

Argument goes as follows:

(a) Korean government supports financially their game industry. This leads into that, the bad games get money for competeting against the better games, which leads into perversity where good games dont succeed as a result.  Uwe Boll is doing a similar thing in movie business where he gets his finances from German government. These are selfish ways from governement to support their own businesses and a return to regulative export/import era.

(b) Blizzard is a good game but its MMO scene domination has dark sides. By this I mean that the new MMO's dont get proper playerbase since one game sucks in all players. Thusforth the result is that we are stuck with this one game. Also, Blizzard has over 2bil in bank and looking at the devevelopment, they certainly are not even planning on hiring new developers. Why would a company in monopoly situation try to improve, lower their prices etc. I know that they have done a lot of good until now, but it seems that the only way out of this monopoly is that some ultra-rich kid from Dubai wants to develop the best game ever and pumps ridiculous amounts of money into making it/marketing it and so on.

Comments

• doflinahnodoflinahno Member Posts: 4

whoa government supporting gaming? that's nice, is that the reason why most Mmo's come from korea?

isnt it that atlantica ol is korean made?

• ExplosiveBoltsExplosiveBolts Member UncommonPosts: 22

"Blizzard is a good game"

"a good game"

"good game"

I've never heard of this game called blizzard. Also 98% of the mmos that come out of SK are made of fail.