Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Differences between JGE and JGC? other then graphics?

What is JGE adding to the Jumpgate Franchise that JGC doesnt already offer?

Personally If thier just revamping the graphics I would rather play EvE.

Sure EvEs combat is slow and whatever and JGC has the advatage due to nice fast combat but EvE totally dominated with its features.

So what is JGE adding to the genre to make anyone leave Eve? or stop playing JGC (if it doesnt close down)?

What Im hoping is that JGE is a massive improvement over JGC so I could actually have two subs one in EvE and one for JGE and die a happy sci-fi spaceship fanboi.

Maybe if someone will be so kind as to list the differences of this new game over JGC other then graphics I can compare and decide if im going to give JGE more then just a Trial run.

And please just cause I added EvE into my post does not mean every damn JGC fanboi should jump in and tell me Eve is boring because I dont really give a shit for those kinds of posts. ty

PLaying: EvE, Ryzom

Waiting For: Earthrise, Perpetuum

Comments

• MulliMulli Member Posts: 94

EVE isn't boring, but it's very different from JGE - and I say that as a JGC fanboi and EVE player.

Check out the wiki for more detail but it's not just a graphics revamp. Off the top of my head, some of the notable differences between JGC and JGE are:

- A whole different AI mechanic which ties into things like the mission generator. Conflux and other enemies that gang up, communicate with one another, fly from sector to sector, that sort of thing.

- More forgiving flight mechanics. Like JGC but also with dampeners that affect flight in different ways. I still think dampeners off (old JGC-style near-Newtonian flight) will be superior for the skilled pilot.

- An arcing storyline that ties into the nations, sub-factions and corporations as well as NPCs like the Amananthii.

- Crafting. Well, more like fabricating and manufacturing but no longer just a case of dumping materials on a custom producer or station and waiting for a production cycle to kick in.

- Lots of PvE and PvP content in addition to the open-universe PvP from Classic.

There's lots more (unfortunately I'm on my lunch break at work and don't have much free time). Bottom line is: it's a new game. Check out the wiki and the forums and you should see plenty of information.

• TaljinnTaljinn Member Posts: 81

Eve is a very pretty spreadsheet, point clicking away to sheer boredom.  I played for a year or so.  I think the glaring difference between the games are, JG was fun, Eve was like going to work.

I think a lot of us are going to be pleasantly  surprised  at JG:E.  Here's a link to the Jumpgate Wiki, not sure what else you could want in a game.

• GoBBelsGoBBels Member Posts: 14

^^ "And please just cause I added EvE into my post does not mean every damn JGC fanboi should jump in and tell me Eve is boring because I dont really give a shit for those kinds of posts. ty"

* the whole license system, where, when you level up in for example in mining, you can buy licenses for different mining equipment or mining ships.

* new reputation system where you can align yourself with certain factions to gain access to their kind of equipment and build it if you wish...

* new mining experience: Instead of idling beside an asteroid with your mining laser on, you have to go around mining vains of ore, which deplete rapidly. These vains will be located at random according to asteroid type.

* terrain in space: there will be things like cities on asteroids which will create unique tactical experiences. Hollow asteroids an' such are also in, with and without stations in them :p