Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will the CCR RFO succeed where the Codemasters RFO failed?

hidden1hidden1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,244

Or better put, will this new RFO be a quantum leap ahead for the old RFO?  I have seen the graphics and it looks like the graphics engine might need a major overhaul... imo it looks just slightly better then the old RFO.  With that said, how does CCR expect to get new customer/subscribers if this "new" version isn't a quantum leap ahead.  After all these years, the improvement to graphics being so slight it seems that this title may have it's troubles... also remember this is a Korean grinder which are loosing their current popularity.  And not to  mention that this is a point-n-click targeting system, and not free target manual aiming which other newer pvp mmo's are gearing towards.

Comments

• Aliona01Aliona01 Member Posts: 1

OMG how lol is that starting an old mmo again

Never thought this would happen so im surprized

• hidden1hidden1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,244
    Originally posted by Aliona01

You do realize that this is a very old game that they are trying to rehash and pass off for new? don't you?  But go ahead and waste your money, please do, I don't see why not...

• DevilXaphanDevilXaphan Member UncommonPosts: 1,144

Yeah it's basically an old game they let CM ruin. Not a bad game for F2P and they are updating it with the updates that CM promised long ago. I do agree that CCR needs to do something better to bring back the suscribers the game once had to be viable again.

Originally posted by DevilXaphan

Yeah it's basically an old game they let CM ruin. Not a bad game for F2P and they are updating it with the updates that CM promised long ago. I do agree that CCR needs to do something better to bring back the suscribers the game once had to be viable again.

I would have prefered to pay monthly, when Codemasters announced a store, that's when I stopped subscribbing.  However, don't get me wrong, I remember have great times on RF, playing ACC and using 3 toons, one of them a crafter who crafted high level "Intense" weapons and armor.  I miss the 200 and sometimes 300+ player Chip Wars every 4 hours.  My concerns w/ this initial post is not a gripe nor a complaint but a hope that CCR listens and really overhauls the graphics for a relaunch.  Playing it for around 3 years back in the day, I had many fond PvP memories, and would consider coming back but only if it was a major quantum leap in graphics from before.

• xersentxersent Member Posts: 613
    Originally posted by hidden1

Originally posted by DevilXaphan

I would have prefered to pay monthly, when Codemasters announced a store, that's when I stopped subscribbing.  However, don't get me wrong, I remember have great times on RF, playing ACC and using 3 toons, one of them a crafter who crafted high level "Intense" weapons and armor.  I miss the 200 and sometimes 300+ player Chip Wars every 4 hours.  My concerns w/ this initial post is not a gripe nor a complaint but a hope that CCR listens and really overhauls the graphics for a relaunch.  Playing it for around 3 years back in the day, I had many fond PvP memories, and would consider coming back but only if it was a major quantum leap in graphics from before.

Hmm i would of said , considering the age of the game , the graphics engine is still bloody good , alot better than most other Fp2 games , and i agree i hope CCR make a much better job than CM did , i was playing the CM version since Open beta and had a great time.

• bertlerenbertleren Member Posts: 31

i have also played the cm version and liked the game much

when the new version is opened there will not be many other races there is higher lvls then my own charecter in the neutral lands.

i will seem foward to the new version

• motoarchmotoarch Member Posts: 44

sounds like some off you are just making shit up.  noones pretending this is some how a new game and CM didnt "fail".  I dont know why CCR fired them but they were making money, alot of money off this game when they shut down subs and went item mall.

i want to hype this thing and say im happy its back cause CCR has made some improvements but there have no comunication with players (unlike CM wich atleast had active GMs in forums) and they cant seem to fix any of the problems during the current CB.

im afraid CCR is killing this thing before they even get it started.  maybe they should have left it with CM.

Originally posted by motoarch

sounds like some off you are just making shit up.  noones pretending this is some how a new game and CM didnt "fail".  I dont know why CCR fired them but they were making money, alot of money off this game when they shut down subs and went item mall.
    i want to hype this thing and say im happy its back cause CCR has made some improvements but there have no comunication with players (unlike CM wich atleast had active GMs in forums) and they cant seem to fix any of the problems during the current CB.
    im afraid CCR is killing this thing before they even get it started.  maybe they should have left it with CM.

I remember they would have GM's in-game in the CM version.  I remember some of the cool events back in the day.  Yeah I want to be hopeful because I do remember the good times I had playing as Acrecian... I loved the old Chip Wars.  I guess for me it's been so long that I expect the graphics to be a lot more than what codemasters had shown.  Maybe my expectations are a bit high, but only because I loved the game so much.

• onlinenow225onlinenow225 Member Posts: 381

This game when under Codemasters was horribly biased.

They loved the Acresians.  It was very well known too.  The in game GM's gave hand outs to players.  (I knew a GM that did so he was also the Belato PR or w/ever it was could talk to all races)

The itimization was horrible.  Acresians were never ment to have ammies and rings that increased their damage.  None.  They were ment to have high armor.

Belato have high dodge and MAU's that were not suppose to get 1 shotted by 6 slot two handed intense weapons.

How do I know all this?  A guildie played the original version before you had to have a proxy.

Not only that but the entire game was just different from what CM did to it.  If you guys didn't know CM also put in an upgrade bug a very big one.  You could even with t1 jewels get up to i think it was +4 with one try each upgrade.

Yet doing it Legitly was bugged as well.  Upgrades failed even with the upgrade using all t3 gems.  Not just failed once or twice I mean failed 10 to 15 times.  That was not ment to happen.

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182
    Originally posted by hidden1

Originally posted by Aliona01

You do realize that this is a very old game that they are trying to rehash and pass off for new? don't you?  But go ahead and waste your money, please do, I don't see why not...

Eh, No?

Rehass and pass off for new? Not really, all they are doing is switching the publishers, thats all. Heck, your old characters will still be there on the new service, so ofcourse they are not going to do a major upgrade to the game engine.