Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FALLEN EARTH new HD Teaser Video

DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTy-53X-olg&fmt=22 This game has such promise and potential :D

Fallen Earth FAQ website:  http://www.fallenearth.com/?page=faq

EDIT: Learn more about Fallen Earth in this half-hour video preview.  Please be advised this is 2 year old footage, the game is only NOW entering Alpha testing and the graphics are not final.  Enjoy the prospect of one of the most unique and awesome MMORPG's on the horizon:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1742571621761538682&hl=en 

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

BOYCOTTING EA / ORIGIN going forward.

Comments

• N1ghtsta1kerN1ghtsta1ker Member Posts: 112

I don't really understand the hype around this game.  I  tried the alpha for about 10 mins and found nothing to do.  Basically they dropped me in the middle of nowhere, no NPCs telling me anything, no hints as to where I could go to fin quests or anything.  So I wandered around for about 5 mins, only to find out I walked into an area to advanced for me, and got killed in one hit.

• blondehblondeh Member UncommonPosts: 540
    Originally posted by N1ghtsta1ker

I don't really understand the hype around this game.  I  tried the alpha for about 10 mins and found nothing to do.  Basically they dropped me in the middle of nowhere, no NPCs telling me anything, no hints as to where I could go to fin quests or anything.  So I wandered around for about 5 mins, only to find out I walked into an area to advanced for me, and got killed in one hit.

Man that sucks!

/sarcasm off

• JTJT Member Posts: 401

Welcome to alpha.  I have to assume you haven't done much testing.

• hidden1hidden1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,244
    Originally posted by JT

Welcome to alpha.  I have to assume you haven't done much testing.

1st playable alphas are usually barren and bug ridden.  Nice teaser on the factions though.

• veritas_Xveritas_X Member Posts: 393

Glad to see there was no actual gameplay footage in there, who would want to see that?

/rolleyes

• nickelpatnickelpat Member Posts: 661

I know it's been done once, though I should do it again. Just to stretch the point across. It's an ALPHA and you have for more than 10 MINUTES. And it's a game (to my understanding) that doesn't hold your hand, gently push you in the right direction while patting you on the back and throwing a magical shield that protects you form danger. And that's where the hype comes in ;)

Can't wait for the game, it's lookng awesome.

---
    Jordaniel Torey - Navy Megathron, Active Armor Tank - Tranquility - EVE Online
    ---
    Torey Scott - Rifleman - Fallen Earth

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but I know World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein

• OyjordOyjord Member UncommonPosts: 568

Hell, I wish *I* was in alpha so I could help the dev team make a new, exceptional game.  Alpha testing is just that, testing, just being a warm body to help the devs collect metric data, and ocassionally provide feedback on system design.  It's not "playing" at all.

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    Originally posted by Oyjord

Hell, I wish *I* was in alpha so I could help the dev team make a new, exceptional game.  Alpha testing is just that, testing, just being a warm body to help the devs collect metric data, and ocassionally provide feedback on system design.  It's not "playing" at all.

Sign up at  the Fallen Earth forums and you could get in. forums.fallenearth.com/fallenearth/showthread.php

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • admriker4admriker4 Member Posts: 1,070

sounds like my kind of game. No idiot-proof markers above npc's heads telling me "quest here"

Let me find my own way. Glad this isnt a stinkin theme park ride. I dont need directions

• DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062

This TWO YEAR OLD video of Fallen Earth is still the most promising for an MMORPG I've ever seen:

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

I'm in earthrise forums but I'll refrain from divulging my id there but i'll say this... there are a lot of CAREBEARS there who think they're getting into a themepark game.  Most are there using up the forums space to already make requests on useless agenda's like "Pets," "Corpes Timers", and even dictating and that housing should be extravagant in some threads... It's really pathetic... I say stick to WoW and stay out of Earthrise.  Earthrise is a EU made title and like other EU devs, for example Aventurine for Darkfalls, and Mortal Online.

I think the Age of Carebear is over... Look at the European devs.' trends in making MMO's that are geared for a more PvP audience.  Sorry but this is the trend.... you carebears are on the way out, and PvP is going to come in to power.  Don't blame and or hate me but I call it like I see it, it's the sign of the times. 

• JupstoJupsto Member UncommonPosts: 2,075

intresting.

also thought the game sounded interesting on paper but looked pretty lame in the videos. and the lack to commit to a launch year makes you less excited.

6 factions, isn't that abit too many? I always thought 3 is the best number, unless some of these 6 are NPC only or something.

LOL TRAVERLERS FACTION. haha thats pretty funny, blatently gypo's.

My blog: image

• bluesessionbluesession Member Posts: 202

For me, it looks good, this game has been in development for many many years and is made by a small team. 

The idea of a post nuclear MMO just drives me nuts, but what i really like is that (maybe) since is not made by a big company it will be at least, original.

Originally posted by Consensus

intresting.
    also thought the game sounded interesting on paper but looked pretty lame in the videos. and the lack to commit to a launch year makes you less excited.
    6 factions, isn't that abit too many? I always thought 3 is the best number, unless some of these 6 are NPC only or something.

LOL TRAVERLERS FACTION. haha thats pretty funny, blatently gypo's.

I think those could be considered like a "sub-faction" of two major ones.  As what they have written so far on the website amounts to 2 major factions of Continoma (facist, clone bank society) and a subversive "Noir" that seems to their counterpart, described almost as an "underground" movement.

Well we'll find out soon enough when they pick their beta testers.

• KorbyKorby Member Posts: 499

"You see this platform right here? It should take you about 45 minutes to run to that"

I fucking love it. Can't wait.

(not sarcasm)

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412

The tech demo from 2006 looks nice.  However, I don't think visually it translated well into its final product.  The game play reels now seem to suffer from puke graphics.  These are 3D graphics that if you play too long make you want to hurl.

I saw the new gameplay footage of Huxley that is looking breathtaking.  I thought Huxley would just be Unreal 3 with a level progression system.  However, after seeing the rescent demo I no longer have that opinion.  It definetly has a variated look.  I think out of the 2 games both in production about the same time with nearly the same genre and releasing next year.  Huxley is the better game.

• RooseveltRoosevelt Member Posts: 341
    Originally posted by DeaconX

This TWO YEAR OLD video of Fallen Earth is still the most promising for an MMORPG I've ever seen:

Wow I have never seen this video before, truely this is now the highest game on my list hype wise. Thank you so much Deacon. To the ones that like Huxley I now challenge you to beat this video.

This is his story....

• DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062

People People People...

RE: The Graphics...

You must keep in mind the game is only entering Alpha Testing.  It's not even in BETA yet.  If I were the developers, I'm sure I would make barebones graphics and develop and incredibly strong game world FOUNDATION ensuring awesome game play before reskinning and making the game look 'pretty'.

Also, on the forums the community manager has stated that the game is getting a graphical overhaul and people there are anxious to see what the end result would be....

With all the INCREDIBLY lame excuses for 'next gen' MMORPG's that are out currently which are usually cookie cutter bs clones, you'd think people would be so thrilled at the prospect of having an MMORPG that is truly different and awesome...

• ThatimThatim Member Posts: 240
    Originally posted by hidden1

I'm in earthrise forums but I'll refrain from divulging my id there but i'll say this... there are a lot of CAREBEARS there who think they're getting into a themepark game.  Most are there using up the forums space to already make requests on useless agenda's like "Pets," "Corpes Timers", and even dictating and that housing should be extravagant in some threads... It's really pathetic... I say stick to WoW and stay out of Earthrise.  Earthrise is a EU made title and like other EU devs, for example Aventurine for Darkfalls, and Mortal Online.
    I think the Age of Carebear is over... Look at the European devs.' trends in making MMO's that are geared for a more PvP audience.  Sorry but this is the trend.... you carebears are on the way out, and PvP is going to come in to power.  Don't blame and or hate me but I call it like I see it, it's the sign of the times. 

Pets and corpsetimers are have nothing to do with serieus hardcore PvP.

I am all in favor of hardcore pvp, full loot... but I do like extravagant housing and pets. I do think you are abit short sighted. Carbeares does not equal people who like fluff. If you don't like any fluff at all this game won't be for your either, you should play Counter Strike. And I know, because I am in the Alpha.