Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VOTE! Will Darkfall be launched at release date?

smek1975smek1975 Member UncommonPosts: 73

Hello guys, the launch is almost there but no retail version info or digital download info. please vote

It is hard to tell if a man is telling the truth when you know you would lie if you were in his place

Comments

• LuftwaffenLuftwaffen Member UncommonPosts: 101

Holy shit  this has to be the most Original poll ive eva seen  i swear ive seen this topic  at least 3xs a day 

• miagisanmiagisan Member Posts: 5,156

holy crap then stop reading it!

it's amazing that people cant ignore topics but love to bitch about them.........

• hidden1hidden1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,244

I hope it will launch on time, and I support DF... can't wait to play it.

• Paragus1Paragus1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,741

Asking if a game will launch on its release date is like asking if you were born on your birthday.

• smek1975smek1975 Member UncommonPosts: 73

haha yeah, launched on annosced release date! mind fucker!

It is hard to tell if a man is telling the truth when you know you would lie if you were in his place

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610
    Originally posted by Paragus1

Asking if a game will launch on its release date is like asking if you were born on your birthday.

That doesn't make sense... considering the history of this project and the fact that it hasn't been released yet.

It's more like saying...  will you be born exactly when the doctor expects you to be born?... which is pretty unlikely and more in line with the history of Darkfall..

Lots of people don't think before they speak.. you won't be the first or the last =P

• GyrusGyrus Member UncommonPosts: 2,413

The only way I can see it being released on time is if they go 100% Digital Release - which I would like to see.

I also don't want to see this "Pre-Order" and "Head Start" rubbish that seems to have become a popular marketing ploy to wring yet more money out of consumers.

But, unless they really know what they are doing, and have their plans already in place - they have left it too late.

And 100% Digital has the potential to be a nightmare when everyone tries to download it at once...

Nothing says irony like spelling ideot wrong.

Originally posted by Gyrus

The only way I can see it being released on time is if they go 100% Digital Release - which I would like to see.

I also don't want to see this "Pre-Order" and "Head Start" rubbish that seems to have become a popular marketing ploy to wring yet more money out of consumers.
    But, unless they really know what they are doing, and have their plans already in place - they have left it too late.
    And 100% Digital has the potential to be a nightmare when everyone tries to download it at once...

I cannot disagree, well I guess I'll wait for NA release ... frankly don't care if its digital or boxed... i just want to play it.

• ThradarThradar Member Posts: 949
    Originally posted by Paragus1

Comprehension FTL.  Your statement would be true if it was made after the game was released.  Much like making the statement after you are born.

i agree....a better analogy would be " We are having a baby and her due date is December 8th" How many times are babies born on the exact date the doctor said it would?

• ReeperReeper Member UncommonPosts: 121

Well if your not in Europe the release date doesnt mean much, i havent seen a Release date for the USA yet, Did i miss it?

Originally posted by Reeper

Well if your not in Europe the release date doesnt mean much, i havent seen a Release date for the USA yet, Did i miss it?

Yeah I wish i knew as i really want to try it out.

• LeKinKLeKinK Member Posts: 899

time making the game = time the baby take to come

Release= birthday

This is how I saw the "birthday" comment.  There is no reason to talk shit because of an analogie. And kinda a good one IMO. 

*snip*

• Random_mageRandom_mage Member UncommonPosts: 1,093

I voted "don't know" because.. well.. for all intensive purposes, I'm hopefully optimistic.  I very much want Darkfall to come out. I just want to sit down and play the game.  And.. get this.. If it sucks.. I won't play past the first month..   I'm just tired of reading all the "hype" and watching Tasos with his superiority complex spout how how great Darkfall is.

Currently playing Real Life..

http://i36.tinypic.com/2uyod3k.gif

For all your stalking needs..
    http://www.plurk.com/Random_

• logicbomb82logicbomb82 Member UncommonPosts: 228

It will launch on release date. The real question is how playable will it be and will the servers stay up.

I run the Mature Minded Gamers. We do video and board gaming videos and reviews. We also have a big Dungeons and Dragons community with multiple games active each week.
    Join us at: https://www.maturemindedgamers.com

• Ascension08Ascension08 Member Posts: 1,980

Aventurine, technically, still has some time to give out info, start an Open Beta, whatever. But certainly not much, and the clock is ticking fast. If they think they're so awesome that they don't need a strees test like an Open Beta, I'll love to see how terribly the game actually launches. At the moment I'm inclined to believe that it won't release on the 22nd.

--------------------------------------
    A human and an Elf get captured by Skaven. The rat-men are getting ready to shoot the first hostage with Dwarf-made guns when he yells, "Earthquake!" The naturally nervous Skaven run and hide from the imaginary threat. He escapes. The Skaven regroup and bring out the Elf. Being very smart, the Elf has figured out what to do. When the Skaven get ready to shoot, the Elf, in order to scare them, yells, "Fire!"

Order of the White Border.

• ThekandyThekandy Member Posts: 621
    Originally posted by logicbomb82

It will launch on release date. The real question is how playable will it be and will the servers stay up.

Yeah d'uh, of course it will launch on it's release date, i refer to the birthday analogy.

However the real question is, will the game launch at it's ESTIMATED release date.

• Deathstrike2Deathstrike2 Member UncommonPosts: 1,777
    Originally posted by miagisan

i agree....a better analogy would be " We are having a baby and her due date is December 8th" How many times are babies born on the exact date the doctor said it would?

Very often, since C-Sections are becoming the norm

both my kids were delivered naturally so pffft

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • WoopinWoopin Member UncommonPosts: 1,012

Edit I hope they do release but I have doubts.

• MorvMorv Member UncommonPosts: 331

Sure it will... and if it doesn't.. so what.

• TeganxTeganx Member Posts: 401

the poll should definitely be yes or no.

i vote yes.

playing: darkfall
    waiting: earthrise

• loves2playloves2play Member Posts: 26

psh... some ch00bz need to learn.  It's obvious to anyone who seen the vid in october of what looks like a finished game...

hahah I can't believe this thread... Epic Fail

• GnomadGnomad Member Posts: 377

Voted 100% sure that it will launch at release date. Hell how could it not launch when it is released unless the game client can't launch under Windoze due to bad programming.

Point is the question for your poll was incorrectly worded to convey what you probably meant, hence my smart ass answer.