Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Adventurine should delay Darkfall

spyhunter107spyhunter107 Member Posts: 104

The current state Darkfall is heading isn't very promising due to unanswered questions regarding the game perior 3 weeks to launch, corpses looting which hasn't been taken out yet, and overall there isn't a NA release date. Adventurine isn't prepared and neither is Darkfall, and I predict Darkfall failing miseribly (Corpse looting is the main reason to blame). I'd prefer if they got a NA publisher, and fix/polish the game  3 months more.

Beside the game itself, I hope Adventuine removes corpse looting from the game. That mechanic is evil and favored by griefers. The'll be the main death of Darkfall - corpses looting. That gameplay almost destroyed UO because griefers killed newbies and killed fellow players that just wanted to enjoy the game.

I hope Adventurine makes the right decision or all is lost!

Comments

• ianicusianicus Member UncommonPosts: 665

hmmm the fans are gonna have a field day with this thread!! :) lol

"Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said…’I’m too drunk to taste this chicken." - Ricky Bobby
  • alessioraalessiora Member Posts: 50

Please let this game go. Let it fail so these stupid fans will stop arguing about idiot problems.

• Ascension08Ascension08 Member Posts: 1,980

Dude, this is a niche game. It was meant to be a niche game. That means the "griefers" NEED A HOME TOO! Yes, in your eyes the game will be ruined, but "to each his own". Ever heard that phrase?

Edit: I hope you get a taste of the DF community, at least on this site. My answer will probably be, overall, the nicest. Though they won't openly say things like "Go home or back to WoW you carebear noob, just cuz you don't like full PvP and corpse looting doesn't mean IT DOESN'T ROCKS!", they might imply them.

Go Fanbois, show this heathen what you're made of 

--------------------------------------
    A human and an Elf get captured by Skaven. The rat-men are getting ready to shoot the first hostage with Dwarf-made guns when he yells, "Earthquake!" The naturally nervous Skaven run and hide from the imaginary threat. He escapes. The Skaven regroup and bring out the Elf. Being very smart, the Elf has figured out what to do. When the Skaven get ready to shoot, the Elf, in order to scare them, yells, "Fire!"

Order of the White Border.

• hidden1hidden1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,244
    Originally posted by alessiora

Please let this game go. Let it fail so these stupid fans will stop arguing about idiot problems.

why don't you stop arguing w/ it's fanbase, it's fans don't bother anyone nor try to incite trolling or hate, like your post obviously does... we fans wouldn't argue if you guys would just scram and get a clue

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003
    Originally posted by spyhunter107

The current state Darkfall is heading isn't very promising due to unanswered questions regarding the game perior 3 weeks to launch, corpses looting which hasn't been taken out yet, and overall there isn't a NA release date. Adventurine isn't prepared and neither is Darkfall, and I predict Darkfall failing miseribly (Corpse looting is the main reason to blame). I'd prefer if they got a NA publisher, and fix/polish the game  3 months more.
    Beside the game itself, I hope Adventuine removes corpse looting from the game. That mechanic is evil and favored by griefers. The'll be the main death of Darkfall - corpses looting. That gameplay almost destroyed UO because griefers killed newbies and killed fellow players that just wanted to enjoy the game.

So you think every game should be the exact same thing with the same game mechanics and that extreme (or seemingly extreme) game mechanics should never be utilized even though there are many players that want it?

Seems to me that they are doing things their way despite what players want or demand and quite frankly "more power to them". If they can pull off this late January release then good for them.

This is not a game for you. It is a game for people who have been waiting for an updated game that has open pvp and corpse looting. This is not a bad thing. Just a different thing as compared to recently released games.

I hope they do succeed because it will be a coin in the pot for game devs who want to break away from the same old same old and actually do it their own way without capitualting to the masses.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • AganazerAganazer Member Posts: 1,319

corpses looting which hasn't been taken out yet

LOL

At first I thought you might have legitimate reasons for delaying until I read that. This forum is truly pathetic. I can only pray that it doesn't reflect too badly on the game itself because I want to like it.

• miagisanmiagisan Member Posts: 5,156

a delay would pretty much be the final blow to this game. They have a better chance launching it with bugs then delaying it again at this point. The community has withstood many "delays of their finished product", i don't think another would help at all.

• rageagainstrageagainst Member Posts: 618

This is made of fail, I dunno, this troll is so bad, I actually think he's trying to help the fan's argument by making a ridiculous anti-DF troll post

When I'm energetic I'm:

When I'm at default I'm:

WHITE/BLUE

Lol according to this I'm bipolar :O

• MurtasMurtas Member Posts: 10

Hey is this an remove full loot topic from an game that is in development for 7 years with that main feature...

Nice troll.

• spyhunter107spyhunter107 Member Posts: 104
    Originally posted by Ascension08

Dude, this is a niche game. It was meant to be a niche game. That means the "griefers" NEED A HOME TOO! Yes, in your eyes the game will be ruined, but "to each his own". Ever heard that phrase?

You believe griefing others is a playstyle, or simply put harassing other players for the sake of amusement?

• mcpoopypantzmcpoopypantz Member Posts: 272

Why do you want them to remove corpse looting?? That makes no sense... there are 4302843242 mmo's without corpse looting... why not just play those?? why change an entire game just for you?? sigh idiots

• Ascension08Ascension08 Member Posts: 1,980

You believe griefing others is a playstyle, or simply put harassing other players for the sake of amusement?

Are there bullies in real life? Of course there are. So there will be bullies in games as well. They're crying out for a game like Darkfall, or some "hardcore" PvP game. Until then they have to vent their aggression on the forums.

--------------------------------------
    A human and an Elf get captured by Skaven. The rat-men are getting ready to shoot the first hostage with Dwarf-made guns when he yells, "Earthquake!" The naturally nervous Skaven run and hide from the imaginary threat. He escapes. The Skaven regroup and bring out the Elf. Being very smart, the Elf has figured out what to do. When the Skaven get ready to shoot, the Elf, in order to scare them, yells, "Fire!"

Order of the White Border.

• rageagainstrageagainst Member Posts: 618

There are many mechanics that are put in place to discourage griefing, but unlike theme park games, griefing is still possible if you can get away with it. It won't be easy but it definately won't be impossible.

It just depends on what you call griefing, if you think its dieng from someone from your race, and that person dry looting you, then yes griefing is in the game. But the fans of the game see it as kind of your fault for dying in the first place, since noobs can stand up to vets in this game, and you probably made a bad risk v reward decision if you got looted "out of nowhere" (in otherwords, you shouldn't have been walking on that street which is known to have gankers alone, or you shouldn't have been walking with armor that does not match the environment and walk where there is nothing blocking line of sight).

Dry looting allows risk v reward to be present, wheras pvp in other games has no risk, and no reward.

{ Mod Edit }

When I'm energetic I'm:

When I'm at default I'm:

WHITE/BLUE

Lol according to this I'm bipolar :O

Originally posted by miagisan

a delay would pretty much be the final blow to this game. They have a better chance launching it with bugs then delaying it again at this point. The community has withstood many "delays of their finished product", i don't think another would help at all.

A game that is release with bugs, crashes, and more bugs will be the final blow beside delaying the game. The darkfall fanbase are all blind aggorant, and nieve people, they'll continued to follow Darkfall if it was delay til Feburary or 2109. They worship the streets taso has walked on, and call him a god because he's going to be bring  prosperity to mmorpg by releasing Darkfall online.

• mcpoopypantzmcpoopypantz Member Posts: 272

They could delay this game 2 years.... it wouldnt affect much... some people would just watch it less actively but once they say there about to release... everyone would return

• VetarniasVetarnias Member UncommonPosts: 630

Unfortunately, there are people who happen to think exactly that.  They don't care about dead opponents or dead games.

However, I fear OP is just paving the way for Aventurine to delay release and save face.  Setting a date seven weeks after an announcement and disregarding it is in itself highly unprofessional, period.

• AshrikAshrik Member Posts: 381

Okay, this is just a stupid thread.

Darkfall could perhaps be in an unfinished state, with bugs and explots, etc. This would be a good reason to delay release.

Things such as full corpse looting form what is called a sustainable competitive advantage for Aventurine for the demographic they are aiming towards. It will never be removed from the game.

• HexcaliberHexcaliber Member UncommonPosts: 171

Op you really don't have a clue about this game or its dev team. Aventurine are huge fans of early UO and set about making this game in the same vein and have been VERY clear about that and what pvp in DF will entail. Corpse looting is part of the core concept, they want avatar death to have dire consequences for players, it's a pvp centric, skill based game.

Personally, I would prefer to see a system like the one in Neocron where players have to hack into a dead players backpack before they can loot their gear, but C'est la vie, it is what it is. If the mmo community at large find it too harsh I am sure they will vote with their feet and Aventurine can decide how to move forward from there.

My Colour Is Vomit green, I puke on the tards with stupid colour sigs. My symbol is ,,!, O ,!,, My enemies are any prat with a colour sig, a meaningless personality test, or a pointless list of games and classes.

Regards Hexcaliber

Originally posted by rageagainst

There are many mechanics that are put in place to discourage griefing, but unlike theme park games, griefing is still possible if you can get away with it. It won't be easy but it definately won't be impossible.

It just depends on what you call griefing, if you think its dieng from someone from your race, and that person dry looting you, then yes griefing is in the game. But the fans of the game see it as kind of your fault for dying in the first place, since noobs can stand up to vets in this game, and you probably made a bad risk v reward decision if you got looted "out of nowhere" (in otherwords, you shouldn't have been walking on that street which is known to have gankers alone, or you shouldn't have been walking with armor that does not match the environment and walk where there is nothing blocking line of sight).

Dry looting allows risk v reward to be present, wheras pvp in other games has no risk, and no reward.

{ Mod Edit }

There's different definition for griefing, and lot of ways people can grief overs. I hope Darkfall has mechanics that'll prevent griefing people over and over. I thank god they didn't add tracking GUI in this game like shadowbane. Griefing ruins gameplay, and it has ruined other mmorpg before because there's some players that just want to bring unnecessary grief to other players even if they haven't done anything. There are situations were a players deserve the punishment due to their stupidity. 

I hope Darkfall enables a mechanic that doesn't let you loot me.

• AshrikAshrik Member Posts: 381

Well it won't, spyhunter.

And if I find you, I'll kill and loot you myself. Then I'll track you down to your bindstone and enjoy killing you over and over as you respawn.

Sometimes, alignment hits are worth it.

• xzyaxxzyax Member Posts: 2,459
    Originally posted by mcpoopypantz

They could delay this game 2 years.... it wouldnt affect much... some people would just watch it less actively but once they say there about to release... everyone would return

Nope... I think you're wrong on that one.

Go back and look at the 2-3 year old posts on this forum as well as on the official forums.  How many names are the same?  Not many. 

• ziabatsuziabatsu Member UncommonPosts: 150

Yeah, as everyone said this thread is pretty much a huge fail. Darkfall even stated "If you don't like hardcore pvp rules then don't play", so why are you here? All you carebears who don't wanna be killed and looted go somewhere else, no one cares about you here. Yes, I grief players, a lot. I have fun making other players angry, that's what made games like UO and Asherons Call fun. So if you wanna keep playing games where you're constantly constricted by stupid rules then be my guest, but please stop making retarded posts in the darkfall thread.

• VetarniasVetarnias Member UncommonPosts: 630
    Originally posted by rageagainst

Originally posted by Vetarnias

Unfortunately, there are people who happen to think exactly that.  They don't care about dead opponents or dead games.

ty for completely disregarding my post,

1) That would have been true if you had posted your entry before I hit the reply button.  But as I do several things at once, it sometimes takes a while for me to complete a post.  In this case three minutes isn't exactly an extended period of time.

2) Even if it had been posted, I have a tendency to jump right over posts that begin with an ad hominem attack which I now see has been edited out by a moderator.  Still, what you did write just skirts the issue.  If ganking is based in numbers, and that you blame the victim for getting ganked in a game where you could get ganked in your bathroom, then I'm afraid there's no alternative to that type of gameplay.

However, I fear OP is just paving the way for Aventurine to delay release and save face.  Setting a date seven weeks after an announcement and disregarding it is in itself highly unprofessional, period.

how is the OP paving the way for anything?

I want to see Darkfall released, though I'm not betting on its success.  However, I think the community has been all too patient with Aventurine, which has now been placing the noose around its neck with the January 22 date. They weren't forced into making this announcement, so I don't want them to be given any reprieve by the community -- and this begins by not giving them the opportunity to invoke any sort of excuse to say, "well, because of X Y Z, there will be no release on January 22". After the multiple announcements and unkept promises over the year, it's time for Aventurine to "put up or shut up", as it were.

• xzyaxxzyax Member Posts: 2,459
    Originally posted by mcpoopypantz

Originally posted by Zorvan

Originally posted by hidden1

Originally posted by alessiora

why don't you stop arguing w/ it's fanbase, it's fans don't bother anyone nor try to incite trolling or hate, like your post obviously does... we fans wouldn't argue if you guys would just scram and get a clue

HAHAHAAAAHAHHAhahaahhaHaHAAHHAAHAHAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry, but that was just too damn funny.

Not sure what was funny about that... since the statement was dead on.... but you've always had an odd sense of humor

Hey now!  Some of us like Zorvan's sense of humor.   

For some of his best work though you needed to see him go at with ZtyX in the DnL forums.  Probably the number one reason that forum got as many hits as it did. 

• hidden1hidden1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,244
    Originally posted by ziabatsu

Yeah, as everyone said this thread is pretty much a huge fail. Darkfall even stated "If you don't like hardcore pvp rules then don't play", so why are you here? All you carebears who don't wanna be killed and looted go somewhere else, no one cares about you here. Yes, I grief players, a lot. I have fun making other players angry, that's what made games like UO and Asherons Call fun. So if you wanna keep playing games where you're constantly constricted by stupid rules then be my guest, but please stop making retarded posts in the darkfall thread.

agreed man!  i think it's fear... DF haters that i've noticed that post here are very friendly in WoW and WAR posts... and fear?  Perhaps they fear loosing players to a new MMO, or any new mmo, so maybe they feel they have to badger and harrass in any new MMO forum that arrises to feel secure that their game won't go the way of the dinosaur when something new comes out.