Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Open Classes

hillshousehillshouse Member Posts: 5

I have been playing since beta and would have loved to see the game opened so that all races could be all classes.  This would bring more character types to the game.  Everyone is a neph wizard, elf scout, cent druid, dwarf warrior, 1/2 giant barb, mino barb, aracoix scout, ireki thief, etc.  What doe severyone else think.

Comments

• QuietPaintQuietPaint Member UncommonPosts: 7

You have a point.  I admit, I have a Mino Barb, and aracoix scout.  I also have a human mage/channeler and a human fessor.  I do like to start with a template on a character, basically because I am lazy and I don't want to totally gimp myself at creation, but it happens anyway.  But the restrictions by race/class/gender are something I think we need.  I am a old time gamer, back to the days of Ad&d, traveller, morrow project etc and dealing with problems that arise from the restrictions only add flavor to the game for me.  An example, my above mentioned Channeler cannot ever get track.  This is really bad in a pvp game, let me tell you, I'm r6 now, but I died alot because someone just snuck up on me and I didn't even know they were there until the daggers were in my back.  But, to couter this, I grouped with someone who tracked.  A scout, or someone with the bounty hunter rune, etc.  This particular restriction MADE me make close associations with other characters just to survive.  I liked it. 

This is just an example.  Yes, I would love to have more powers on all my characters, more options, but sometimes, the limitations are options themselves.  Less clutter and a better chance for me to build a personality for my characters.

Just my 2 cents worth :)

QuietPaint
    SB Gamer
    Corruption Server