Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

not free and not free of bugs, graphics horrible

gamereviews2gamereviews2 Member Posts: 1

All I can say is Runescape, I didn't start paying so you could boot me boot me boot me. You never did that until I paid. And, come to think of it, that is what Runescape amounted to before. The graphics are ugly. If you don't believe that go on in, and make your character. Just this morning, I was booted 6 times every time I won the freminik trials fight down the ladder for the third time it knocked me off the game.  Well if you get booted during that fight, and dont have the chance to climb back out, you have to start over again. Games are not about getting booted; we players expect odds but not operating our pcs in a malicious manner. I have high speed internet and play all kinds of rpg's to do these reviews; I have to say most of them don't even phaze this pc. Can't you offer us something worth our money; or is our money the only thing this game is about. I'm ready to throw you out of the ring! 

Comments

• AkaJetsonAkaJetson Member Posts: 1,167

What?

?

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    Originally posted by AkaJetson

What?

He learned how shitty Runescape is when he started paying for it.  It's amazing what some people will put up with when it's free.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • luckypotatoluckypotato Member Posts: 251

1. Yes runescape is a shitty game (just came on the fourms to lol at any fanbois)

2. for some reason i think you truthfully have no idea how "powerfull" your pc is? Specs plox? or do you even know how to get your computers specs

10 internet dollars sayin hes on a pre-build computer..

10 more internet dollars sayin hes on a dell

• _Jord__Jord_ Member Posts: 228

Just an idea ... Before you try to do something as massive as write a review, try learning some basics like (a) paragraphs, (b) tenses and (c) coherance.

Thanks.

------
    Played - UO, FFXI, WAR, WoW, EVE
    Currently - Bored.

• BonemaneBonemane Member UncommonPosts: 353

I think to do a review it requires a little more than one paragraph and has to be in-depth. You don't even know how to write sentences properly. Go take some english classes.

The internet has created alot of wanna be critics =/

Here's a solution to your problem. Buy a better internet connection (obviously yours is more crappier than you think) and get a better computer (same thing). I used to get booted during the trials, but that was years ago back when there was only dial up LOL.

• BlisseyBlissey Member Posts: 515

Of course runescape is a crappy game now. Just read the posts of Devilicious...she explains in proper detail and execution the crappiness of runescape. Only a fool would not  get the point.

• cloud8521cloud8521 Member Posts: 878

Oh i want to see the good bash threads againt runscape! link me up :P

• devilisciousdeviliscious Member UncommonPosts: 4,359

Though The OP's post is incoherent,  The issue of bugs and runescape is entertaining. You see if you use a bug that you do not realize is a bug, thinking that it is part of the game you can get banned for it under "bug abuse " rules.  Yes they create a problem in the game that they did not intend for players to use, players unknowningly use it thinking it is just part of the game and then get banned for it.

Now, you would think that this was a one time incident or something, but no over the years I had seen this happen repeatedly and for minor things that did not even give the players an advantage in the game. For example the banning of players for the removing the flag from castle wars glitch. This obviously has no impact on the game whatsoever, and as soon as you teleported or attempted to unequip it would disappear so it was not a tradable item, but yet they actually banned players for doing this.

The recent construction glitch that allowed for players to get more xp, many players thought it was part of the update and used it as part of the game then were told they were cheating and should be banned for it ...

There have been so many bugs throughout the years that players have been wrongfully punished for and I think it is absolutly ridiculous for gamemakers to punish players for their mistakes.  If they made the game that way, it is up to them to fix it if it was not what they had intended, not punish players for just playing the game the way they made it in the first place.

Oh and on the issue of lag, and getting booted.  When you have a computer and internet that plays crisis, eve, AoC, and every other game on the market fine and then you go to play runescape and it does this it is pretty obvious it is their site, not your specs. I too have had this problem repeatedly on runescape usually after they have done recent updates it is bad for a while. This is something that has been going on since their existence, I do not think it is something that will be changing anytime soon.

I admit Runescape is a budget game. I can even play it on my Dell inspiron 7000 with 4 MB of video memory 128 MB ram and a 333 mhz P2 processor. No lag at all. I used to see that as an advantage, but now I see Andrew Gower as the equivalent of Uwe Boll when it comes to MMORPGS....of course andrew lacks the balls that uwe has. I mean.......I highly doubt Andrew or MGerhard  would dare go boxing with an angry customer in real life......like Uwe "raging" boll vs Lowtax.... pussies.

• almerelalmerel Member UncommonPosts: 658

Congrats on finally seeing what the majority already has. I never get when people complain about this game. You know what your getting into the second you start and if you didn't figure it out then it must be your first mmo. That is my excuse for having played it as long as I did.

-Almerel

Hello my old friend.

I would be really ecstatic if Uwe Boll directs a movie about runescape. Runescape and Uwe Boll's "style"  really match, in my opinion.

Originally posted by Blissey

I would be really ecstatic if Uwe Boll directs a movie about runescape. Runescape and Uwe Boll's "style"  really match, in my opinion.

I bet he does make a Runescape movie and the first 10 minutes are gonna be the greatest movie ever made then its gonna gradually turn to shit. As the movie goes on everything you liked at the beginning gets taken away. Then last but not least, everyone leaves the theater before the end.

God I hate Uwe Boll. He doesn't help the gaming community get respect at all. He just takes games and makes a sucky movie that doesn't have anything to do with the original game at all (like the original game needed 'spicin up' anyway?).

• SarbocabrasSarbocabras Member Posts: 257

You are an ignorant fuck considering that you can't even beat a simply quest bug free called freminik trials..

• wallet113wallet113 Member Posts: 231
    Originally posted by Sarbocabras

You are an ignorant fuck considering that you can't even beat a simply quest bug free called freminik trials..

never played runescape, but i read the post...

OP said he got booted several times while fighting, so I guess he couldn't complete it because of that.

So um.....reading FTW?

• SarbocabrasSarbocabras Member Posts: 257
    Originally posted by wallet113

OP said he got booted several times while fighting, so I guess he couldn't complete it because of that.

So um.....reading FTW?

Lol im baked but I know that that quest has 0 bugs I've beatyen it for several friends theres a technique to it and hes to stupid to figure it out..

Hes being boted cause hes bringing gear to a non armour allowed fight

thorvals kicks you out and you have to redo the maze if you wear gear 

• wallet113wallet113 Member Posts: 231

Originally posted by wallet113

So um.....reading FTW?

Lol im baked but I know that that quest has 0 bugs I've beatyen it for several friends theres a technique to it and hes to stupid to figure it out..

Hes being boted cause hes bringing gear to a non armour allowed fight

thorvals kicks you out and you have to redo the maze if you wear gear 

Side note, is it a good game to play if you're "baked" ?

• devilisciousdeviliscious Member UncommonPosts: 4,359

Now, Now in the OP's defense.. ( just in case it was not operator error) Fremmy trials has no bugs , I agree, That is a quest a 5 yr old could beat.. But the issue of LAG on runescape, is an issue that doesn;t always effect every server, and it doesn;t happen all the time. So depending on where you are playing from and the server you are on, this has been an issue, and not an issue related to ISP's or computer specs concerning Runescape.

This is well known from players that have played through out the years that after they do updates not all the updates go unglitched and it takes them a  while to work out the glitches.  I mean one update they did made the game keep rolling back and like you had to keep repeating everything you just did .. like if you made a sale  you would have to sell it again, if you were pking and you just won, it rolled back to where you were still fighting! Was pretty mad crazy lol.  Once i was soloing king dags and the game just went offline ( no system update or anything it was like bam! offline) and I was locked into a world that was offline and it wouldn;t let me log in for hours. There is usually a period of lag after they tweak certain mechanisms within the game and it takes time to correct this,  It is possible that the OP expieranced one of these and didn;t give it a try later because they were already too irritated from it happening at all.

Unfortunately we'll never know what the OP's original problem was because he/she posted this then never cameback. Most likely was a troll attempt or some wanna-be reviewer that was embarassed at the replies to their first review.

• Palo_godPalo_god Member UncommonPosts: 171

The first thing a good reviewer would write in their review about runescape is how the game is equivalent to a fascist government.

• MokweeMokwee Member Posts: 286

Hey, no matter whats wrong with runescape....

Its still better than Darkfail haha

• Palo_godPalo_god Member UncommonPosts: 171
    Originally posted by Mokwee

Hey, no matter whats wrong with runescape....

Its still better than Darkfail haha

And you have played dark fall? Don’t talk about things you have no clue about.

• lat00uklat00uk Member Posts: 28

It makes me laugh when people bitch about the horrible gfx of RS or how buggy it is...

I have only played RS for a few hours or so, and I can answer to the critics in 2 words.

JAVA and BROWSER

Lets see you do better?

Runescape Rating:

Graphics=ok

sound=sucks obviously

gameplay=dumbed down

env=poor

Seriously, I dont think being a JAVA BASED mmorpg is a LIMIT to improve a game. Of course, that's their problem.

• friidrickfriidrick Member Posts: 33

I don't care about the graphics... the gameplay mostly matters to me... but i don't think runescapes gameplay is good so i don't play it anymore....

Playing: WoW, Eve online, guild wars

Played: Everquest, runescape, archlord,lineage, lotro

Waiting for: Aion

If I could name one thing as nasty in terms of community as runescape, I would say the runescape forums because you pay to join plus  you  get ignored, bashed on the head, screwd and kicked out for just trying to think out of the box.