Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Housing on release?

NetzokoNetzoko Member Posts: 1,271

Anyone know if player housing is planned for release?

-------------------------

Comments

• DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333

Its not confirmed as being dropped

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• xzyaxxzyax Member Posts: 2,459
    Originally posted by Netzoko

Anyone know if player housing is planned for release?

Housing along with quite a few other Features are all in that same category of "Feature Complete".

Will it make it into the game for Release?  All we have to go off of is Tasos saying that the game is "Feature Complete".  Make of that what you will.

• fagercraftfagercraft Member Posts: 170

Wouldnt be surprised if player housing wasnt in, and Tasos saying but you can build freaking cities, get over it.

Dont set your expectations to high on this one, as playerhousing could easily be baked in to the category of guildhousing (player cities).

FagerCraft - Feeding the trolls on mmorpg.com since 2005.

• RavenRaven Member UncommonPosts: 2,005

Tasos has said the game is "Feature Complete" so if that is a feature it should be in or Tasos is lying.

Originally posted by rav3n2

Tasos has said the game is "Feature Complete" so if that is a feature it should be in or Tasos is lying.

Or he just considers building cities for clans to be playerhousing.

While the player might consider playerhousing to a private house for one player.

Twisting words and meanings, the way thenoobcomic reviews reads is as far as i can tell, you can build big cities and small villages, none has mentioned anything about smaller scale housing, and since you cannot build whereever you like, the only option would be a instanced house in town or a set number in each town only one player at a time can own.

And with all the anti instancing DF is produced with, im skeptic at best to being able to have a private house at launch. If its in then good surprise for me thou.

Im not saying its out, but if Tasos says player housing is in - dont assume hes talking about a private little cute house for yourself in the woods, he might be talking about player housing as in guilds building cities. Its easy to twist words and meanings you know.

• MorvMorv Member UncommonPosts: 331

I venture it'll probably be in... but as for the noob comics they read to me as though they are edited and kind of like prepared in advance... They probably have all of them all ready to go all the way up to release... That's my feel anyway.

In addition to that feel I also feel that someone from the team is writing them and this player who is supposedly writing them doesn't exist.

Nevertheless, interesting read.

• greymanngreymann Member Posts: 757

Housing... for some reason this is always a big deal with people every time a game is about to release.  I still haven't played one that looked decent enough to try and actually had housing.  Can someone explain what the big friggin deal with housing is?  Yeah it would be cool to have some kind of instanced home for like 2 seconds just because SO many people whine about it but then what?

Originally posted by Morv

I venture it'll probably be in... but as for the noob comics they read to me as though they are edited and kind of like prepared in advance... They probably have all of them all ready to go all the way up to release... That's my feel anyway.
    In addition to that feel I also feel that someone from the team is writing them and this player who is supposedly writing them doesn't exist.
    Nevertheless, interesting read.

Well she IS a friend to the devs, so probably shes making sure the DEVs approve of her text before she puts it out.

Oh and shes real alright, thenoobcomic.com is legendary, unless it was created for the sole purpose to hype the DF machine a few years laters hehe.

Now thats a nice spin for the doomtrolls to start a thread about!

• daarcodaarco Member UncommonPosts: 4,275

"Housing" is one of the major features in Darkfall. To claim land and build citys is the main point with the game. So not having it would be very stupid. I mean, housing is not for the roleplayers in DF..its for the PvPers.

• SupderDSupderD Member Posts: 243
    Originally posted by greymann

Housing... for some reason this is always a big deal with people every time a game is about to release.  I still haven't played one that looked decent enough to try and actually had housing.  Can someone explain what the big friggin deal with housing is?  Yeah it would be cool to have some kind of instanced home for like 2 seconds just because SO many people whine about it but then what?

It's big because it's part of the "roleplay" mechanic.  It allows to sort of have your own "area",.  I hope it works by land plots or prefined housing.  Vanguard had Plots and AC had pre-defined housing, both worked pretty good.  I hear SWG allowed you to build houses anywhere, which I'm not against either, as this is more realistic.

I hope that there aren't too many *house recall* abilities.  I know that Mansions RUINED AC:DT because you no longer had a reason to control a town when you only needed to sell there then /house mansion_recall to get to your "hang out spot".. pretty shitty if you ask me.

"Luckily I know that while you make nonsnese baiting threads that get locked....threads I make get sticked by the mods on this forum...." -imbant (greatest board warrior EVER)
    Darkfall Countdown: http://darkfallreleasedate.com/

• xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310

Housing was in FFXI and UO. I didn't play UO, but in FFXI it offered a lot of extra cool fluff to the game like gardening, storage, armor displays ect.

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher