Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Trial client

Hey guys!

I just downloaded the 14day trial client, installed the game and station launcher. Now I'm stuck in the updating phase where it says:

"Updating.... Approx. time left 8 hours OR 45mins"

The timer keeps bouncing back and fort and the update process is stuck on zero %.

I've tried to rebooting the client and firewall has a permission to let the application through.

I feel like doing some sailing since the current mmorpg situation is so bad. I was in beta and I think enough time has passed for me to come back in potbs.

Anyone got any hints what to try next? How to get the client updating so I can play?

Comments

• DarwaDarwa Member UncommonPosts: 2,181

Just be patient.

The estimates on SOE launchers have always been utterly unreliable. Restarting and rebooting won't have an effect.

If it's any consolation, I fired the trial up yesterday to check out the changes and it said 17 hours at first, but I was in-game within the hour.

Go do some gardening or something while you wait

• A.BlacklochA.Blackloch Member UncommonPosts: 842

Well I've been in updating phase for 2-3 hours now and nothing happens... Guess I'll just need to wait. 

Edit: Got the problem fixed. I was just too hasty, it's finally updating now. :)

• There used to be a lot of problems with the launcher/updater but they really have all been fixed. The problem is that through some quirk or another, some people wind up getting pointed to download the wrong installer.

I don't know ALL of the details, I just know that when I downloaded/installed, it took under two hours (both times, ended up having to re-install trying to fix what ended up being an unrelated problem with my video drivers lol).

Check this thread on the PotBS forums and hopefully it points you in the right direction:

http://www.burningsea.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41632

This has helped a lot of folks who were having problems, I hope it helps you get sorted just as quickly! :)

EDIT: LOL I'm a dope, I missed the part in your second post where you said you'd got the issue sorted out. Even so, hopefully the next player who runs into this might see this post and find useful info in the thread I linked :D