Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PVP not equal

BooksyBooksy Member Posts: 64

If you grind you can make Abyss points to RANK 5, buy hero ability, then buy more ability.

ONLY 100 PLAYERS PER SERVER CAN GET FULL TRANSFORMATION HERO.

Hero on killing rampage.

www.inven.co.kr/board/powerbbs.php

Game is ruined.

No life grinder wins the game.

Comments

• BooksyBooksy Member Posts: 64

Rank. Rank 18: 1 per server.

• WagonerWagoner Member UncommonPosts: 92

If its true that if I start this game late I will never be able to be as strong as other people because there can only be 100 then my hype from this game has gone from 7 to 0.

Originally posted by Wagoner

If its true that if I start this game late I will never be able to be as strong as other people because there can only be 100 then my hype from this game has gone from 7 to 0.

Name of Rank.....Rank level....Players who can have per server..........????............??????........Points needed

Lieutenant General 14 100. 4 405 3 981 717 800
    General 15 30. 5 286 5 374 822 300
    Warlord 16 10. 6 343 7 258 928 900
    Commander 17 3. 7 612 9 799 1 037 600
    Hero 18 1. 9 134 13 229 1 148 50
  • narakuunarakuu Member Posts: 348

I'm actually looking forward to Aion, or atleast interested to try it out... tbh I've only checked a couple of things out just because I rather be suprised and remain neutral, not too hyped in other words... but if this is true... well lets just say theres no worry about getting too hyped.

• DarwaDarwa Member UncommonPosts: 2,181

This is certainly a slap in the face.

Are you absolutely certain this is correct?

Originally posted by darwa

This is certainly a slap in the face.
    Are you absolutely certain this is correct?

Yes. The concept of 1 hero is not a big deal you would think. But botters / Hackers get the most Abyss points first. So, the most powerfull player on server are usually the hackers because they get ranks the fastest. Why help your team if the strongest person hacked to Hero status. Everyone who joins the server late can't become hero's anymore.

Sorry, 2 rank 18 Hero players per server, 1 for Elyos side, 1 for Asmo side.

• DarwaDarwa Member UncommonPosts: 2,181

I suppose it all depends on how much of a bonus being a Hero gives you.

Hopefully it won't be all that much.

Originally posted by darwa

I suppose it all depends on how much of a bonus being a Hero gives you.
    Hopefully it won't be all that much.

I linked video, he's hero.

• NeyonNeyon Member Posts: 197
    Originally posted by Booksy

If you grind you can make Abyss points to RANK 5, buy hero ability, then buy more ability.
    Hero on killing rampage.
    Game is ruined.

Wrong wrong wrong. Firstly - only ONE person on each faction can get the hero rank.

Secondly - it takes both skill and time to get it. Obviously - there is the grind factor as you need like over a million abyssal points to be elligible for the rank. However - having over 1million points does NOT make you the hero.

There is a skill factor too I beleive, as out of those with points over 1 million or whatever it is - the one with the best kill/death ratio is awarded the hero status. That takes skill. TRUELY if you cannot get a better kill / death ration in pvp than a bot then I seriously doubt you'd be able to get anywhere near hero rank anyway.

And if you are complaining because you can't put no work in and be the best player in the server at the same time then aion isn't for you. For me - the main way MMOs are being destoryed today is by whiney people complaining that everybody can't be the best person in the world ever. Thats not how life works - thats not how reality works and thats not how Aion works.

If you really want to be #1 this bad go build a castle out of cardboard boxes and name yourself king of the universe.

------------------------------

IMHO I dont care if its even just a title thing and no bonuses... something that is deliberately limited to people who only invest huge amounts of time of their life into, just turns me off from the game...

• judex99judex99 Member UncommonPosts: 392

each faction have one so its balanced, if you really want to play games which  skill > time invested you should try fps online.

Originally posted by Neyon

Wrong wrong wrong. Firstly - only ONE person on each faction can get the hero rank.

I just said that in table? Did you look at my post? 1 hero per faction, pls read posts.

All special winged character are called hero on the server, not just rank 18.

Read post.

• pzykozispzykozis Member Posts: 10

Heh, I was really looking forward to this game, when the hero thing was announced I was a bit apprehensive but then I thought actually that's pretty cool being able to take on a few guys and then being zerged down. But, hell there's like 30 people there and he doesn't seem to be even troubled by it gets low on hp and full heal and seemingly destroys them all. That coupled with a few comments around aion's apparently having a small enclosed world and semi grindy, really destroyed my hopes for this game for me.

Hero on killing rampage.
    Game is ruined.

Secondly - it takes both skill and time to get it. Obviously - there is the grind factor as you need like over a million abyssal points to be elligible for the rank. However - having over 1million points does NOT make you the hero.

There is a skill factor too I beleive, as out of those with points over 1 million or whatever it is - the one with the best kill/death ratio is awarded the hero status. That takes skill. TRUELY if you cannot get a better kill / death ration in pvp than a bot then I seriously doubt you'd be able to get anywhere near hero rank anyway.

And if you are complaining because you can't put no work in and be the best player in the server at the same time then aion isn't for you.

put no work in? oh im sorry... i thought they advertised this as a game, not a job... and second of all, playing a game online 12 hours a day does not make you a hard worker... you figure out yourself what it makes you.

• painbreakerpainbreaker Member Posts: 88

Does somebody know if you can lose your rank again?

So he is hero and if he doesn't play for 3 days or he doesn't kill someone in 3 days, he will drop down 1 Rank?

I don't know enough about it, so I can't say if I find it good or bad, but we all will see, when the game is released.

When the war of the beasts brings about the world’s end,
    the goddess descends from the sky, wings of light and dark spread afar.

• demolishIXdemolishIX Member Posts: 632

Obviously as more people play and you take a break you loose your rank,anyway I think limited ranks per server make the game abit more competitive,if they add cool looking armor for a certain rank (not anything OP or that is better then the other armor sets) it will be a nice bragging right.

Originally posted by narakuu

Hero on killing rampage.
    Game is ruined.

And if you are complaining because you can't put no work in and be the best player in the server at the same time then aion isn't for you.

put no work in? oh im sorry... i thought they advertised this as a game, not a job... and second of all, playing a game online 12 hours a day does not make you a hard worker... you figure out yourself what it makes you.

The short fact is not everybody can be #1. Look at it this way - a Professional Tennis player plays tennis because he finds it fun, and its his job. However, no matter how good he and all the other professional tennis players are - there can only be one guy who wins wimbeldon each year.

True - Aion is a game and is not meant to be work - but as I said just blind grinding is not going to get you to Hero rank either. You need to be skilled in the way you play.

I understand that everybody wants to be number one but I just can't stand people whining that they can't be number one just because someone else is simply better than them. Thats just bad sportsmanship. Using the tennis idea again - it is not good practice for the guy who loses in the final to start screaming his head off about how he wants to be number one too.

Edit: Ok... they sometimes do but it is very funny to watch and quite pathetic.

Originally posted by judex99

"each faction have one so its balanced, if you really want to play games which skill > time invested you should try fps online."

Isn't what everybody has been complaining about for years is that mmos are all about non-stop grinding rather than skill?

Oh and sorry OP - you posted your update while I was posting my reply

• DiTHDiTH Member UncommonPosts: 88

1 person can GET hero class? OR one person can HAVE hero class at a specific time?I mean in WoW you could only get 1 top rank per week but after you reached the top rank you didnt have anything more to make you sustain your rank anymore.So you saw people getting highest rank,buying all items and then stopping pvp because they had completely burned.

If 1 person can GET it and keep it forever without doing anything to preserve it,then yes it sucks.But if there is a way so you can pass him and get the hero class from him,then it sounds ok in my ears.

I would like for once to see a game where you would get for example the max rank and get some awesome skills that you could use only while you have this max rank.That would give you the boost to keep the hero class instead of burning some months to attain it and then stop completely.Or they can make certain skills starting from rank 5 for example and every rank you gain after that give you the same skill but powered up.

The rewards you get are also part of the problem imo.

I havent really followed AION very much because it still needs a lot of time to release in Europe so maybe i havent understood the basic concept of this ;p

I see your point, but this is a game... I would like to have somewhat of an equal ground to stay on as any other player, okey so it will require a good K/D ratio... but it still is unfair that someone who can afford spending 4x time of amount then certain others will obviously have a huge amount of odds on his side... and its okey to have hero titles and so on, but  what now? because I'm playing less then him, that means I will not only have the lovely opportunity of getting slaughtered by the person having hero title, but i will also most likely never have a chance to get the hero status?

IMHO I can see that people who play more will obviously progress faster, get things faster and etc... but to get priviligies because of spending more time on the game? I dont really support that.

and also for the record... I dont play 12 hours a day... but probably 6+ hours, wich is more then most people I believe? but I still think this kind of reward system is

Originally posted by narakuu

IMHO I can see that people who play more will obviously progress faster, get things faster and etc... but to get priviligies because of spending more time on the game? I dont really support that.
    and also for the record... I dont play 12 hours a day... but probably 6+ hours, wich is more then most people I believe? but I still think this kind of reward system is

more time = better items; and I think that's ok.

6+ hours is much (for me ^^). Sometimes I play 3 hours, sometimes only 1 hour, sometimes 5. It depends, but I know that I can't be the best player or get the Rank "hero" and that isn't my goal. I wanna have fun and I will have fun without being "hero". If you want to be the best one (ok best one isn't true, you only have a title and it doesn't mean you are the best), so I better say: if you want to be "hero" you have to play more than others and that's absolutly ok.

If you play more than others you should for sure get something special, you invest more time, so you should get something special. I don't see what's the problem about this. Play in the group with the #1 player and you will be glad he is with you... or?

just my 2 cents

your pain

Meh i'll make a shorter summary for those who cba to read everything.

There can be ONE player who is the max rank pvp rank - the Hero - per faction, per server at any one time.

To be the Hero of your faction you need about 1,140,000 Abyssal points (gained from pvp in the abyss). Out of the players with enough points the ONE with the best kill/death ratio (the most skilled player) is awarded the Hero rank. This means a unskilled, nolife grinder will NOT get the Hero rank.

As far as I know being the Hero does come with huge benefits, as do the other upper ranks. However - remember there will only be ONE hero so you won't get constantly pwned by hundreds of them running around.

REMEMBER: This means a unskilled, nolife grinder will NOT get the Hero rank.

just going to make a quick reply as I have to go soon.

More time = getting things faster ... thats okey and pretty obvious from my point of view

More time = getting things people who dont spend as much time cant get.... not okey from my point of view

shortly said, its okey of course to get better items and etc faster, but its not okey to get better items that no one can get just because someone decided to devote their life to the game.

Meh i'll make a shorter summary for those who cba to read everything.
    There can be ONE player who is the max rank pvp rank - the Hero - per faction, per server at any one time.
    To be the Hero of your faction you need about 1,140,000 Abyssal points (gained from pvp in the abyss). Out of the players with enough points the ONE with the best kill/death ratio (the most skilled player) is awarded the Hero rank. This means a unskilled, nolife grinder will NOT get the Hero rank.
    As far as I know being the Hero does come with huge benefits, as do the other upper ranks. However - remember there will only be ONE hero so you won't get constantly pwned by hundreds of them running around.
    REMEMBER: This means a unskilled, nolife grinder will NOT get the Hero rank.

Nice sum.

Let's see how it will be in AION and how much it will influence the game.

• ProfRedProfRed Member UncommonPosts: 3,494

This will not be something that works like: 'First person there claims the title, the end.' 

It will be ever changing similar to WoW's PvP ranks.  Not that I don't dislike it in some ways, but I find great pleasure in grouping with other low ranked friends and taking down higher ranked players.  It tells you a lot of things.  Things like: 

1) The player plays way too much.

2) The player is the type of person I very much want to kill, and be the lowest rank possible while doing it.

3) The player invests so much that even without these ranks he would always be more advanced than me anyway.

After all an MMO can't just have a wall where progression comes to a halt after X investment and all players will be 100% equal after such an investment is made.  That would just be stupid.

I definitely see things like this as a huge benefit over a hindrance in any way.  If this system makes you write off this game then think about what you are really saying and what an MMO would be like under your eyes.

• EphimeroEphimero Member Posts: 1,860

I feel sorry for those who thought this game was about 1v1 in arenas, but it's not like if you weren't warned, if you can't handle the heat, stay out of the abyss.

And no, cheaters aren't the ones at the top, in order to get that rank you must be exposed continously to PvP, there's no safe zone there, so botters can't do crap in the abyss, this in fact is a system that favors legit players.

This discussion has been closed.