Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Another Wrath of the Lich King review

2»

Comments

• AzrileAzrile Member Posts: 2,582
    Originally posted by Malvolentia

Originally posted by ghogiel

Please come back when you've done Sartharion (the Onyx Guardian, a Black Dragon) while allowing his 3 assistants to remain alive. Also I'd like to hear from you when you win 10 games in a row in the Arena @ 2200+ rating. Let us know when you have over 8000 achievement points. Or maybe after you've done nearly all quests added to the game during 4 years.

There's plenty of challenge in WoW, I guess the challenge just isn't for you though

He's stated that he doesn't do raids - and it's an argument he's likely to use.

But he did say that he's running heroics.

Thus I suggested him to roll a Paladin and heal heroic HoL - to which he replied that it won't make a difference: the game will still be easy.

So basically:

- OP's playing an easy class doing easy role (dps class w/ the simplest rotation ? duh...)

- thus OP's saying WoW is too easy

- I presented a challenge for him. He declined - saying it won't make a difference.

OP: please quit WoW.

Well I am quitting.  I know I obviously have the fanbois in a frenzy here. 

There's no argument about WoW being easy.  The raids have already been dominated within a week of release and CC isn't even a necessity in heroics anymore.  Please stop making yourselves look foolish.

You're the typical mouthbreather I expect on here.  You don't have an argument so you're crying about my class which has absolutely nothing to do with the conversation.  The same issues have come up for other people playing different classes and that doesn't stop the fact heroics are easymode, raids are cleared with ease.

Blizzard made the game easier to cater to the hordes of mouthbreathers receiving their free epics now after snoring through instances.

Raids have been dominated?   On my server, there are 100 people who have complete Nax 25.    That's right, 4 guilds.  Out of probably 10,0000 real people who have mains on my server.  And I find it funny that you say they have been dominated.. yet you haven't done them.

Yep, they have been dominated :)

• ursinursin Member Posts: 148

i'm going to stay out of the conversations about class balance because, realistically, i haven't played since not too long after TBC, but i am curious about one thing in your 'review'

I'll start with the good stuff. 
    Gear is a lot more accessible to everyone.  You can buy pvp gear running the heroic instances, pvp gear from pvping, and then the upper tier gear from the arenas and raiding.   Also a lot of cool mounts and cosmetic things keep it interesting.

Now the bad. 
    They've oversimplified everything and gear is so easy to come by it's just not even worth having or celebrating over.  The medal of honor isn't worth much when you hand it out to every child with down syndrome.

The trivialization of gear is one of the reasons i quit the game...... but.....

isn't this talking out both sides of your mouth? gear is more accessible to everyone, but it's so easy to come by.......

anyway... back to reading for me.

"We aren't going to ... Period. End of statement."

ya. ok. whatever.

but what do i know, i'm only a vanbois i'm told.

• floppyfacefloppyface Member Posts: 97

Ya, I've clearly stated that most people are dumb and that's what blizzard is after.  That's what they're building the game around.  So a 5 year old with down syndrome can complete every achievement.

No. Thats your patronising, arrogant and pointless look at it.

Most of the super hardcore players and guilds and I know are still going strong. It doesn't matter how easy they make the game they're still going to be competing for world, region, server and faction firsts. The people who are getting squeezed out in WoW are "mediumcore" players. Those who like a challenge, who want goals and can play their classes dont can't/dont want to spend 40 hours a week doing so.

But what is happening now is that people with different expectations of what a computer game should be are playing WoW instead of your precious EQ people. If that makes them 5 year olds with down syndrome in your eyes because they dont play a computer game in the same way you do, then it says a lot about your maturity (or lack thereof)

By the sounds of it you didnt like WoW when it was released because it wasn't like EQ so it is not surprising you dont like it now. The only way you would have liked WoW was if it was a carbon copy of EQ.

EQ is still around. Go play it.

• MalvolentiaMalvolentia Member Posts: 253
    Originally posted by floppyface Most of the super hardcore players and guilds and I know are still going strong. It doesn't matter how easy they make the game they're still going to be competing for world, region, server and faction firsts. The people who are getting squeezed out in WoW are "mediumcore" players. Those who like a challenge, who want goals and can play their classes dont can't/dont want to spend 40 hours a week doing so.

But what is happening now is that people with different expectations of what a computer game should be are playing WoW instead of your precious EQ people. If that makes them 5 year olds with down syndrome in your eyes because they dont play a computer game in the same way you do, then it says a lot about your maturity (or lack thereof)

By the sounds of it you didnt like WoW when it was released because it wasn't like EQ so it is not surprising you dont like it now. The only way you would have liked WoW was if it was a carbon copy of EQ.

EQ is still around. Go play it.

Never tried EQ.  Don't have any interest. 

I don't want long boring raids, I'd just like some of those classic dungeon crawls back where CC was needed, the healer and tank actually had to know how to play, and the boss fights required you to open up your eyes.  Those days are long gone it seems.

You remember right?  back when hybrids weren't wrecking everyone in dps, and damage dealers actually did the most damage.   Or are you one of those that only picked up the game when you noticed blood elves on the cover of BC and threw a temper tantrum to get mom to buy it for you

WoW fanboi: "lolz 11.5 million customers, itz obviously da best"

McDonald's: over 1 billion burgers served

• MwajiMwaji Member Posts: 229

Malvolentia  you won't get anywhere with the Fanbois here, if  Blizz put horse poo in a baby jar they could convince them it was just normalized apple sauce.