Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

End-Day 2012

2012, hoax or the real deal.

You have heard about it.

THE MAYAN CALANDER ENDS

NOSTROS PREDICATIONS

Tell me what you all think.

: EXTRA INFO :

Hollywood loves to make a quick buck, from some people worst fears. As if we didnt know.

Movie NAME: 2012 " Google It."

Soverign Malus some call me
Blood hound is what other's say.
I shall crush all opponents
Father Death, Chaos Lord Rains tyranny.
blanket of shadow, steel sword kissed by the blood of the unworthy. Foes Fall, Fields Of Red.
- Soverign Malus " Father Death" Forever Shadow Sect.

Comments

• JustTalkingJustTalking Member CommonPosts: 206

The bunnies of course, they've been planning conquest and domination of humankind for ages....King Flufflybottom and his legions will rain down upon us

The end is neigh!!!

• InzraInzra Member Posts: 679

Did anyone consider that the reason for the calender ending at 2012 could be because they didn't bother going any further...?

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

• ZindaihasZindaihas Member UncommonPosts: 3,662

Speaking of Yellowstone, I just saw this article today that shows an increased level of seismic activity there.  I wonder how many people know that the entire park is a giant volcano.  If that thing goes, you can kiss the whole kit and kaboodle good-bye.

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912

If true, I would go with polar shifts. We are at  the right junction in the global timeline for another one to happen. And the rapidly changing temperatures world wide could very well point to this.

Originally posted by Inzra

Did anyone consider that the reason for the calender ending at 2012 could be because they didn't bother going any further...?

It wasn't only one culture with 2012 as the final year catalogued. Mayan, Aztec, Peruvian, and Egyptian are just the ones I can think of off-hand. And I highly doubt the Aztecs were calling the Egyptians on the hotline to check where the calendar should end.

• fulmanfufulmanfu Member Posts: 1,523

i wish, i love chaos and destruction in all forms. i believe in alot of so called conspiracies too, but this is just another thing to sell books and fill up air time on one of discovery's 12 networks.

and nostradamus stated his predictions go out to the year 3000 something, so i don't think he predicted 2012 as the end of the world. unless its just a bunch of 'the world will still be gone' predictions over and over.

• hvc801hvc801 Member Posts: 987
    Originally posted by Zindaihas

Speaking of Yellowstone, I just saw this article today that shows an increased level of seismic activity there.  I wonder how many people know that the entire park is a giant volcano.  If that thing goes, you can kiss the whole kit and kaboodle good-bye.

Agreed.  Yellowstone park is considered a "super volcano". If that thing so happens to erupt then yes, we will be melted down like coper.  But you people should look into "planet X" if youre interested in this subject. Its has a little something to do with the first civilization on earth, or what we know to be the first, called the sumarians.  The mayanas also probably could have split up before completing the calander. 

Either way, I would love to see the end of the world, or end of the world as we know it.  People think it has something to do with Obama being elected, who knows...

I'm throwing an end of the world part on December 20, 2012, its gunna be poppin' all through the night right into the day the world is suppose to end on the 21st. w00t!!

-edit-

p.s. Nostradomus is a sham.  he probably did drugs and wrote down some of the shit he dreamt about.. people just took what he wrote about and made it into a big thing or found the SMALLEST resemblence.

What if Paul Revere was like the boy who cried wolf....?

Originally posted by Hazmal

What does he say when people ask what he did? "My mommy was irking me yo - I wanted to keep pwning nubs on my xbox, so I roughed her up with a hardshell. That is just how I roll."

• AmpallangAmpallang Member Posts: 396

I don't mind if the human race dies off(species go extinct.  It happens.) but it is sad to contemplate all of nature coming to an end through some sort of supervolcano sending enormous amounts of ash into the skies to block out the sun or whatever. 

If you are not being responded to directly, you are probably on my ignore list.

Originally posted by hvc801
    But you people should look into "planet X" if youre interested in this subject. Its has a little something to do with the first civilization on earth, or what we know to be the first, called the sumarians. 

ah the 'planet' that does the 4 thousand year long ellliptical(or figure 8, depending which loon you listen to) orbit around the sun.
    the one that has never been seen, and gives off no gravitational force. remind me to duck when it gets here..

no serious astronomer believes in planet x, physics forbids it.

Originally posted by fulmanfu

Originally posted by hvc801

But you people should look into "planet X" if youre interested in this subject. Its has a little something to do with the first civilization on earth, or what we know to be the first, called the sumarians. 

ah the 'planet' that does the 4 thousand year long ellliptical(or figure 8, depending which loon you listen to) orbit around the sun.

the one that has never been seen, and gives off no gravitational force. remind me to duck when it gets here..

no serious astronomer believes in planet x, physics forbids it.

Ever heard of the Dyson Sphere?  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyson_sphere

On a smaller scale, of course.

• paulscottpaulscott Member Posts: 5,613

Any real Mayan cults left will celebrate the end of time,  then on the next day they will celebrate the start of it.

It'd be nothing more than a really really big new years.

I find it amazing that by 2020 first world countries will be competing to get immigrants.

• DracusDracus Member Posts: 1,449

I think the end of 2012 will be like going through the time when "The Big One" (earthquake) in California was to occur.  It is now 2008, California is still attached, and horrific earthquakes have been few, I think the Northridge Quake was the last qualifying one.

End of the World possibilities come and go, and somehow we still keep on living.  Seems as when one doomsday events goes away or becomes unpopular, another one comes along to renew interest and fear.

- Ancient Events (War of Gods, Fall of the Romain Empire, The Black Plague, etc)

- Alien Invasion

- World War 2

- The Doomsday Equation

- Nuclear War and Winter

- Ice Age

- Comet Impact

- Mass Pollution

- War of the Computers/Machines

- Energy Depletion

- Y2K

- Bird Flu

- Global Warming

- Mayan Calendar of 2012

And that is why...

Conservatives' pessimism is conducive to their happiness in three ways. First, they are rarely surprised -- they are right more often than not about the course of events. Second, when they are wrong they are happy to be so. Third, because pessimistic conservatives put not their faith in princes -- government -- they accept that happiness is a function of fending for oneself. They believe that happiness is an activity -- it is inseparable from the pursuit of happiness.

• spizzspizz Member UncommonPosts: 1,971

Anyone remember the predictions for the year 2000 ?

Some said the world will end and some even told ya that your pc will crash...they did make a shitload of money selling unneeded software for 2000 btw.

Those prediction are always a hoax....

• altairzqaltairzq Member Posts: 3,811

The world was going to end in 1983 too, there was an aligment of all the planets in the Solar System that would cause the end of the Earth, there were even books written about it.

• ArndurArndur Member Posts: 2,202
    Originally posted by altairzq

The world was going to end in 1983 too, there was an aligment of all the planets in the Solar System that would cause the end of the Earth, there were even books written about it.

Wasn't there alsomovie about it how some cult had to do somthing that could only be done while they were alinged?

Hold on Snow Leopard, imma let you finish, but Windows had one of the best operating systems of all time.

If the Powerball lottery was like Lotro, nobody would win for 2 years, and then everyone in Nebraska would win on the same day.
    And then Nebraska would get nerfed.-pinkwood lotro fourms

AMD 4800 2.4ghz-3GB RAM 533mhz-EVGA 9500GT 512mb-320gb HD

• bluesessionbluesession Member Posts: 202

After living past the 2000,2001, i think 2006 was another, and 2007, i don't belive in real doomsday scenarios.

I love the posibility that they could occur, as there is always the posibility for anything, but most likely 2012 is just a fabricated distraction.

Now, in the 2009, we are living harsh days but instead of focusing on the matter at hand, we have a lot of  guys who can't really understand a religeous metaphore writting books about the end of days again, holding a carrot in front of us with the promise that it will all end.

I used to know a guy who really belived that in the 2012 everything was going to end and renew, literally. So all the waste that now polute the world will then clean and we will all live happy, spiritually awoken, etc.

On the other hand, i won't say it's ALL bs.

If the callendar (which I have never really seen, and i have looked for it ) really ends in the 2012, and if it's true that it is depicted in the mayan literature as THE END, then i think its really THE END of something. Maybe something so tiny that we won't notice. As a poster said avobe every end is a begining.

But the truth is that i have never really seen the disc Callendar or any mayan text. And i don't mean translated text, the real pictures of whatever they used to end up in the conclusion that 2012 is THE END.

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 6,512

I think the world is a pressure cooker and our time is short, but it has nothing to do with 2012.

2012 is a TV show !!

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495

We're going to get  the movie 2012

We got the Maya Calandar + docu > Maya Calandar on youtube

We got the release of  Funcoms The Secret World 

There some intresting books > Left Behind

All in all I bet after 2012 we will get some new dates for the end of the world.

• AmpallangAmpallang Member Posts: 396

Hey has anyone ever heard of that book "88 reasons the rapture will occur in 1988?"

If you are not being responded to directly, you are probably on my ignore list.

• ScalebaneScalebane Member UncommonPosts: 1,881

So what's the next end time gonna be when this doesn't happen?

i'm curious as to what happen's to all these endtimer's when the end of days actually doesn't happen.

"The great thing about human language is that it prevents us from sticking to the matter at hand."
    - Lewis Thomas

• eagles12555eagles12555 Member Posts: 219
    Originally posted by Inzra

haha agreed. People get so paranoid. Remember y2k? the technology was going to stop and everyone was going to die. What makes 2012 different from 2005 or 09 or even 1995?! just doesnt make sense to me.

• eagles12555eagles12555 Member Posts: 219
    Originally posted by Zorvan

If true, I would go with polar shifts. We are at  the right junction in the global timeline for another one to happen. And the rapidly changing temperatures world wide could very well point to this.

lawl fail. What makes the weather today any different from the ice age or one of the hundreds of climate spikes in the earths history. The earth hasnt always stayed the same temperature. over thousands and thousands of years the temperature is bound to have lots of cold spikes and hot spikes in it.. i.e. uhh. the ice age..?

• Aka-ShadowsAka-Shadows Member Posts: 188

The-END, Could and probably is just a hoax. But I believe things are falling into place. Nothing bad has happen'ed on earth for a " Very Long Time." So are time is due.

Eagles 1522

http://img489.imageshack.us/img489/2766/globalwarmingchart8vi.jpg

Dating 1000 Years, That is no normal spike.

But it only proves global warming, I believe it will be us people. Earth will become weak, it will die, at our hands.

But when...the question that will not be answered untill the real dooms-day.

Soverign Malus some call me
    Blood hound is what other's say.
    I shall crush all opponents
    Father Death, Chaos Lord Rains tyranny.
    blanket of shadow, steel sword kissed by the blood of the unworthy. Foes Fall, Fields Of Red.
    - Soverign Malus " Father Death" Forever Shadow Sect.

i thought everyone dropped that whole global warming scam?

guess it was just the climate experts and proper scientists..