Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Aion, another MMO on the fail train

droperdroper Member Posts: 49

I was like this look interesting and then I read  this.

Read for yourself

http://elliotinaion.wordpress.com/

Comments

• x_rast_xx_rast_x Member Posts: 745

In before flames!

• fixiffixif Member UncommonPosts: 180

noobs.noobs.noobs.god damn noobs.tell me what mmo didnt have problem at their release? ha wiseguy..fuing h8 hype fanbois

• EphimeroEphimero Member Posts: 1,860

You should take that blog as it is, an unilateral view of the current game's status, not wrong, but misleading. It's like if I go to blizzard forums, translate all their troll/issues/balance/nerf plz post to Korean and post it in Korean forums.

Fact is that NCsoft keeps opening new servers and servers keep closing character creations due to them being filled, 37 servers in Korea as we speak.

Balance and cheats must be taken care of asap, they are only superficial flaws, and luckily, the core design keeps attracting people, but those issues can become game breaking and people are able to change their "im loving it" mood to an "Im hating it" mood if they keep on going for much longer, I mean, I'm not quitting just for seeing a bunch of botters or just because a sorcerer 2 hits me, but if I dont see improvement as days go by, then I would quit.

1800 accounts have been banned, and several balance issues have been adressed (some better than others, however, the game is at a better status than weeks ago when it was released balance wise), I can overcome those flaws if I see improvement and will to fix them.

• mackdawg19mackdawg19 Member UncommonPosts: 842

Yeah this game with its small flaws, does seem to be growing at an enormous rate. 37 servers is really nice. NA and EU still have some time to wait for this game though, so hopefully patches will fix those issues. Also to add, I like the fact only a certain amount of players can transform and be godlike. I enjoyed that video also, sending a raid group to kill one guy, jesus. 

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

Confirms what we have been stateing all along.  Balance, Bots, End game content. Resolve these issues and you got a game for the long haul.

Funny how all online games have these same issues pop up. But calling it a fail train before its  even out in the west is a reach. Lets just wait and see what they do before you get all mystic on us.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• Calind0rCalind0r Member Posts: 735

Balance is not an issue in Aion...yes this hero class destroys anything it wants to, but isn't that the point of a hero. And LOL at "99% of the people will never use this transformation", what the freakin hell do you expect? Lets make it easy so half the server is a guardian and we have a PvP with 100 heroes...Only 1 person from each class can get it, what do you expect?

People we're crying about sorc's being OP, now its clerics...we look at the rankings on each server, there are Templars, Gladiators, Spiritmasters all in the top 5 rank on their server. People have no idea what they are talking about and just cry because they lose (a la WoW)...People all along were saying Rangers were too weak, I guess they were lvl 20 or something...because I know plenty of people playing Rangers and they all agree they have the best class for mass PvP.

People say bots are an issue, which they very well may be, but 8 of my clan mates are playing on a server (they one I played beta on), and they can go a full day without seeing a bot, they say all the bots are usually in one place and have never in the slightest affected their gameplay.

Yay for someone going for slander in his 5th post on this site.

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120

I was trying to add this post on eliot website, but I guess it will never happen. Hence, this is what I think about eliot post :

Your comment is awaiting moderation.

Elliot, face it .. you WANT Aion to be a failure, but it wont happen. Not because I am a fan of Aion and I just want not be a failure, it’s because the people you are talking about, are like 10 in 1k ,and in ANY mmorpg, there are haters and what are you trying to show us, it’s ONLY the dark side of Aion. Please name a mmorpg which DOES NOT have a dark side. When Aion hit EU/NA , please hide yourself, because someone may kick your stupid ass for being such a hater of Aion in all this time.

To the OP. If you are reading Eliot's post and at the end you just lose your faith in Aion before even try it, then it's your problem. This guy it's only goes to all the korean forum and pick up only negative threads and translate them. Negative threads are all there, in any mmorpg because, like i said, there will always be haters and crying players. They suck in PvP and they blame Ncsoft because classes are not balanced. There will always be pro/con when we are talking about classes, in every mmorpg.

What I am trying to say is just wait for Aion to hit EU/US and then you will make your own point of view about Aion.

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• AlbosAlbos Member Posts: 132

First I would like to thank you for the info cause I was waiting for this game long time now checking everyday online for it. Now it's clear and from many videos I have seen so far the game mechanics of this game is a wow copy and from the info I got will do it. No need to wait for a game that gives 1% of the people the chance to be gods and make the game totally unfair for the rest. Just started LOTRO and love it so far, best mmorpg ever made>>>FFXI

• SersiSersi Member Posts: 3

I don't understand why people hate on games so much when they've never even tried them. I for one am looking forward to this game. To each his own I guess.

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001

NCSOFT are opening new servers like every day for this game, out of popularity .

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

• TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423

That article was somewhat discouraging.  If you read the interview they had with they guy that was first to get the transformation, he states that he is "somewhat" happy with Aion and goes on to explain how pvp is unbalanced and broken. 

• hanshotfirsthanshotfirst Member UncommonPosts: 712

What's funny is pretty much every criticism in that linked article is not only what I've come to expect from a Chinese/Korean developed game, but what I suspect their demographic is either indifferent to, or even finds admirable. I'm not saying it's right or wrong; I'm just chalking it up to a difference in cultures.

• craynloncraynlon Member Posts: 255
    Originally posted by Ephimero

You should take that blog as it is, an unilateral view of the current game's status, not wrong, but misleading. It's like if I go to blizzard forums, translate all their troll/issues/balance/nerf plz post to Korean and post it in Korean forums.
    Fact is that NCsoft keeps opening new servers and servers keep closing character creations due to them being filled, 37 servers in Korea as we speak.
    Balance and cheats must be taken care of asap, they are only superficial flaws, and luckily, the core design keeps attracting people, but those issues can become game breaking and people are able to change their "im loving it" mood to an "Im hating it" mood if they keep on going for much longer, I mean, I'm not quitting just for seeing a bunch of botters or just because a sorcerer 2 hits me, but if I dont see improvement as days go by, then I would quit.
    1800 accounts have been banned, and several balance issues have been adressed (some better than others, however, the game is at a better status than weeks ago when it was released balance wise), I can overcome those flaws if I see improvement and will to fix them.

dont get me wrong, ill definitly give aion a fair try but from my past experience with 4 years of lineage 2, the "flagship" title of nc soft prior to aion im not so convinced how able/ serious nc soft is about the balancing/ cheats issue.

for one they took over 3 years + to even begin to balance the game a little (over 6 mayor updates) so that the ranged classes, nukers and archers, werent heavily overpowered. for a pvp centered game i think even now after 5 years theres poor balance in the game at best

secondly all na servers are overun with people that bought gold or characters and use botting programms

i will try and see what aion has in store but im somewhat disillusioned from my l2 experience

if your bored, visit my blog at:
    http://craylon.wordpress.com/ dealing with the look of mmos with the nvidia 3d vision glasses

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904

Would be nice to dig up all of elliot's translated "articles" and compare it to how the current state is.

As to how it is now? All eyes are on the Korean and Chinese versions now. Let's wait and see. Shall we?

Originally posted by Albos

First I would like to thank you for the info cause I was waiting for this game long time now checking everyday online for it. Now it's clear and from many videos I have seen so far the game mechanics of this game is a wow copy and from the info I got will do it. No need to wait for a game that gives 1% of the people the chance to be gods and make the game totally unfair for the rest. Just started LOTRO and love it so far, best mmorpg ever made>>>FFXI

R U SRS...both with the Aion comments, and the LOTRO = best game ever, cause both are ridiculous.

• thamighty213thamighty213 Member UncommonPosts: 1,637

• CyntheCynthe Member UncommonPosts: 1,414

No need to wait for a game that gives 1% of the people the chance to be gods and make the game totally unfair for the rest. Just started LOTRO and love it so far, best mmorpg ever made>>>FFXI

LOL well that statement alone convinces not to take anything you've said seriously. LotrO and FFXI are not the same type of game, they are both MMOs, the end.

Heh this is only the beginning of many more bitchy blog posts, just wait until the NA release. You are not cool on the internet until you rant about every bad point in your favorite MMO. :D

And even though by now this doesn't need saying, even the most stable games out there, WoW, FFXI ect.. Had huge unbalances at launch and lack of end game. I still can't understand why people expect a brand new game to look like a 5 year old release. /facepalm.

(,,,)=^__^=(,,,)

• jmmcglojmmcglo Member Posts: 203

The one most obvious FACT I have to point out.

The game just launched.

Any game that just launches is going to have balancing issues. Why? Because people... gamers specifically... are very smart and know how to stretch the developer’s original concept and utilize it in a way not necessarily anticipated by the developers.

Developers are human with better than average intelligence for sure... but they can't think of EVERYTHING. When you literally have 1,000s of even the most average brains working on an "equation"… they are going to figure things out faster than a group of developers considering that there are only at max 60 or so?

This is why any MMO goes through a series of patches. To fix things that weren’t originally planned for or anticipated, is one basic reason for a patch and typically the most common reason in the early stages of a MMO.

I think it’s incredibly rash to even think about hitting the “panic button” at this stage in the game (no pun intended).

We are recruiting... Want to learn more? Click here.

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361

I dont think this game is going to be very popular in western market, ya they said the game is designed to appeal to western but all that realy means is that they made it like WoW.  Where you will quest your way up levels with the same types of interfaces and combat as WoW and like its many clones.

Its very popular in korea right now cuz its different from their other mmos like Lineage and its more casual friendly just like how WoW was different when it first came out here and its casual friendly from the other mmos before it.  Its like koreas version of the WoW phenomenon.

Ya they got WoW over their but WoWs art style and story does not realy appeal to them as this does.  FYI blood elves were made to appeal to koreans and to get more koreans to horde side.

I dont think it will be a major failure in western market as AoC was at release but more of a lotro type success.  It wont be anything new to us but at least will be polished as lotro was at release and that will prolly get about 200k-400k subs from western market while in millions from korean market.

• xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310
    Originally posted by Cynthe

No need to wait for a game that gives 1% of the people the chance to be gods and make the game totally unfair for the rest. Just started LOTRO and love it so far, best mmorpg ever made>>>FFXI

LOL well that statement alone convinces not to take anything you've said seriously. LotrO and FFXI are not the same type of game, they are both MMOs, the end.

Heh this is only the beginning of many more bitchy blog posts, just wait until the NA release. You are not cool on the internet until you rant about every bad point in your favorite MMO. :D

And even though by now this doesn't need saying, even the most stable games out there, WoW, FFXI ect.. Had huge unbalances at launch and lack of end game. I still can't understand why people expect a brand new game to look like a 5 year old release. /facepalm.

Is it so hard to understand that people are getting tried of being handed crap with every new release that hits the market? People are expecting games to be released better because the comp is high with games that have been out for more than a year. This is especially true with games that have a PvP focus. When all a game has is PvE, class imbalances are almost a non issue unless 1 character can complete a 40 man raid by himself.  I expect more now and I've been playing MMOs since about 2000.

And yes, everything this game has sounds like a carbon copy Korean game. Well... maybe not the grind.

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• NeyonNeyon Member Posts: 197

Meh I think the best arugument we have against the trolls if the simple fact that in one year millions of people will be enjoying Aion - probably including the trolls.

------------------------------

• CallstackCallstack Member UncommonPosts: 27

Originally posted by droper

I was like this look interesting and then I read  this.

Read for yourself

http://elliotinaion.wordpress.com/

Funny.
    1) Game is not released yet.
    2) Purpose of the BETA TEST is seeing how the game works in practice so they can balance it before the release.

(AoC and War were put on the market and after release, then started to balance things).

Anyway WoW has still balance problems, just see them crying on the forum about the ret paladin currently.

I don't say the game is perfect or superb, but I will not classify it as a fail train until I play myself.
    Anyone I don't panic because some random guy that doesn't like Aion or panics himself writes some stuff about the BETA after introducing a hero feature.

Originally posted by tkreep

I dont think this game is going to be very popular in western market, ya they said the game is designed to appeal to western but all that realy means is that they made it like WoW.  Where you will quest your way up levels with the same types of interfaces and combat as WoW and like its many clones.
    Its very popular in korea right now cuz its different from their other mmos like Lineage and its more casual friendly just like how WoW was different when it first came out here and its casual friendly from the other mmos before it.  Its like koreas version of the WoW phenomenon.
    Ya they got WoW over their but WoWs art style and story does not realy appeal to them as this does.  FYI blood elves were made to appeal to koreans and to get more koreans to horde side.
    I dont think it will be a major failure in western market as AoC was at release but more of a lotro type success.  It wont be anything new to us but at least will be polished as lotro was at release and that will prolly get about 200k-400k subs from western market while in millions from korean market.

You don't quest your way up like WoW, quests are mainly for low lvls.

The combat doesnt feel like WoW, the combo chains are unique, and it feels more like GW.

With people like you stereotyping it without looking into the game, its going to do bad on release in NA, but its going to sell itself once people realize how good of a game it is, and eventually its going ot hit millions.

• RaizeenRaizeen Member Posts: 622

the only one who fails here is the OP and the ammount of subs this game has says otherwise and nothing will tell me otherwise il be buying this game asap

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Originally posted by Calind0r 
    With people like you stereotyping it without looking into the game, its going to do bad on release in NA, but its going to sell itself once people realize how good of a game it is, and eventually its going ot hit millions.

You are talking nonsense here, if it reaches and retains 500K it will be a success (and a big surprise)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon