Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I must confess, I'm really starting to like Governor Rod Blegojevich

ZindaihasZindaihas Member UncommonPosts: 3,662

In case you haven't heard, the Illinois Gov went against his party's wishes and appointed Roland Burris to fill Barack Obama's vacated US Sentate seat; a decision that Senate Majority leader, Harry Reid, said the Senate would not honor.  Wow!  Things are just going to get more interesting from here.

This guy, Blegojevich, is bringing an excitement to political scandals that I thought I would never live to see.  He makes Bill Clinton and Richard Nixon look like amateurs.  Unfortunately, this could turn pretty ugly and might end up doing some serious damage to American democracy.  But until that happens, I raise my glass to you, Governor Blegojevich.

The fact that most reporters can't pronounce his name is kinda cool too.

story

Comments

• DrChickenDrChicken Member Posts: 263

Yes - he is doing my alma mater proud.

• FaxxerFaxxer Member Posts: 3,247

The rule of law means nothing I guess.

This guy is a crook and should be treated like one.  I guess we have Bill Clinton to thank for wagging middle fingers at cameras and telling the rule of law to take a hike.

little man children trying to be self important, all of them

• SioBabbleSioBabble Member Posts: 2,803
    Originally posted by Faxxer

This guy is a crook and should be treated like one.  I guess we have Bill Clinton to thank for wagging middle fingers at cameras and telling the rule of law to take a hike.

Sorry, but the deserting coward and the Dark Lord make Bill Clinton look like a guy who overlooked paying a parking ticket on time, when it comes to telling the "rule of law" to go take a hike.

CH, Jedi, Commando, Smuggler, BH, Scout, Doctor, Chef, BE...yeah, lots of SWG time invested.

Once a denizen of Ahazi

• ZindaihasZindaihas Member UncommonPosts: 3,662
    Originally posted by SioBabble

Sorry, but the deserting coward and the Dark Lord make Bill Clinton look like a guy who overlooked paying a parking ticket on time, when it comes to telling the "rule of law" to go take a hike.

I guess that explains why Clinton was impeached, but Bush and Cheney weren't, doesn't it?

• SioBabbleSioBabble Member Posts: 2,803
    Originally posted by Zindaihas

I guess that explains why Clinton was impeached, but Bush and Cheney weren't, doesn't it?

Given what an utter joke that was, I wouldn't bray about it too much.

Having said that, Reid and Pelosi are collaborationists, as far as I'm concerned, and in a just universe they'd hang from the same gallows as the deserting coward and Pork Chop.

CH, Jedi, Commando, Smuggler, BH, Scout, Doctor, Chef, BE...yeah, lots of SWG time invested.

Once a denizen of Ahazi

• paulscottpaulscott Member Posts: 5,613

Bill had allagations that could solidly be prooven against him...  And his BS interupted my saturaday morning cartoons :(

I find it amazing that by 2020 first world countries will be competing to get immigrants.

• SlytheSlythe Member UncommonPosts: 952

And then he was acquitted by the Senate.That must sting, huh? I wonder if you would be as hard on Clinton if he were a Republican. My guess would be no.

But then again, if Clinton had been a Republican, it wouldn't have been Monica Lewinsky he was screwing around with. It would have been 16 year old male pages like Larry Craig. Seriously, what's with all the Republicans being closet homosexuals?

• olddaddyolddaddy Member Posts: 3,356

Maybe we should drop back a bit to Nixon, and discuss ignoring the law?

• FaxxerFaxxer Member Posts: 3,247
    Originally posted by olddaddy

Maybe we should drop back a bit to Nixon, and discuss ignoring the law?

Yes, lets.  Nixon RESIGNED.    He had more class.

Originally posted by Slythe

And then he was acquitted by the Senate.That must sting, huh? I wonder if you would be as hard on Clinton if he were a Republican. My guess would be no.

But then again, if Clinton had been a Republican, it wouldn't have been Monica Lewinsky he was screwing around with. It would have been 16 year old male pages like Larry Craig. Seriously, what's with all the Republicans being closet homosexuals?

It stung only to the extent that breaking the law and getting away with it sends the message that crime pays.  I'm troubled by the trend that scandals are becoming all too common in politics.  And I guess neither you nor olddaddy read my original post in which I also mention Richard Nixon by name.  But Faxxer was right in his response to olddaddy's post.  At least Nixon had enough class to resign.  Clinton was more concerned about himself than he was about the office of the President.  Nixon also showed more class than Al Gore.  The 1960 election was almost as close as the 2000 election and Nixon could very easily have challenged the outcome in court, just as Gore did.  But he knew that dragging out the election could tear the country apart.  So he conceded graciously.  It's a shame Gore wasn't able to do the same thing.

You have your facts mixed up on who was screwing who.  Larry Craig is the guy who was trying to solicit sex in an airport bathroom.  I think you are referring to Mark Foley who was sending sexual text messages to a page, not actually engaging in sex with one.  For the congressman who actually did have sex with a male page, you have to look to Gerry Studds (D-MA).  And then there's good old Barney Frank, who's male lover ran a prostitution ring out of Frank's Georgetown residence.  Interestingly, both Craig and Foley were forced from their offices by their own party.  Studds and Frank, however, only received reprimands and were allowed to remain in office.  Frank is still there.  It's too bad too, because if he had been booted back then, we might have avoided the housing debacle we now find ourselves in.

Well, just when you thought the story of corrupt Illinois politics was over with the impeachment of Blagojevich, guess what?  Senator Burris admitted in a document released today that he was solicited by the Gov's brother for campaign fundraising support shortly before his appointment to the Senate.  This admission contradicts testimony Burris gave in January to the Illinois House impeachment committee.

• Aetius73Aetius73 Member Posts: 1,257
    Originally posted by xxvicexx

Whatever the circumstances.
    The Democrats did not help him for one reason and one reason only.

*He told Obama to piss off.*

Had he instead said Obama is like Jesus. He'd still be in office and every Democrat would be maligning those who attacked him.

SO while I don't care one way or another about him. I respect the man for not being an ass kissing pissant like most of the others.

Obama is not Jesus?...........Crap I guess we are really screwed now huh?

• VishiAnandVishiAnand Member Posts: 239

oic. i thought you were actually starting to like this guy lolz. yeah, its pretty dissapointing seeing such a high ranking goverment official goes around and start selling senate seat.