Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You can get the game for free w/2 months included(no cc required!)

2»

Comments

• HodoHodo Member Posts: 542
    Originally posted by denshing 
    One thing I noticed is that they REALLY put emphasis on the flight engine. The air combat/dogfight and bombing/defending in air is almost like watching a WWII movie. I would seriously be hard pressed to even find a WWII combat simulator that did a better job at air combat realism, which is a feat for being a MMORPG and from 2001 at that.

Did you really say that?   LMFAO.   Thats like saying Mario Cart is the most realistic driving sim on the market.     Serriously.   

The game has its good points but that is NOT one of them.     And as for finding a WWII Combat simulator that does a better job...

Targetware- Just as old, and better graphics.

IL2- Sure everything flies the same, but at least they have limits.

Aces High 2-  Cause the community makes that game.

The infantry model in WWIIOL is pretty good, unfortantly is REALLY starting to lag behind with so many pocket games having so much more.    

The tank combat is ok, it would be better if several fixes were actually done... Working High Explosive rounds would be nice.

The air combat... heh... yea, the flightmodel isnt great, but its not horrible.    Its actually a good blend of easy relaxed flight physics, and realistic.     But this is also the source of the problems for this end of the game.     I wont go into the fact that in this game the 12.7mm Browning MG round does MORE damage than a 20mm HE(Mine) round.     Still cant quite wrap my head around that.

But after soon to be 8 years, there is no way to repair a thrown track, or actually bail out of a plane.    This is a problem.   The now short visual render range is becoming a problem.     But only time can tell if CRS can keep this Titanic afloat much longer.

So much crap, so little quality.

• fredrik1fredrik1 Member Posts: 144

in this game the 12.7mm Browning MG round does MORE damage than a 20mm HE(Mine) round.     Still cant quite wrap my head around that.

No they dont.

Mine rounds do far more damage.

• paulp146paulp146 Member UncommonPosts: 36

Hello , i would like to give this game a trial , my email is

[email protected]

thanks alot,

• levsixlevsix Member UncommonPosts: 363

Hey guys,

I've received over 60 mails and it is kind of hard to go through this thread and sift through it all, it's starting to become a job! Hahah.

I tried to send one to all of you. Please keep in mind if you pm'd me I *did* send it. You must check your junk mail filters.

You do not need to even check your mail if I submitted your address...

Follow these directions:

To activate your e-Gift Card, visit http://www.battlegroundeurope.com/giftcard

You will need to provide account details and create a gamename for use while

playing.  Be sure to use <your e-mail address here> when

creating your account.

Offer closes tomorrow, so if  you do not write me iby PM tonight, you probably won't get one.

Have a winner and don't go on a game over! Does your avatar make you powerful in real life? Check out the Mystical Enders gaming community. www.mysticalenders.com

Originally posted by Pentamorph

Originally posted by levsix

Hey all!

You should all have a gift card in the emails you provided me.

Some of you PM'd me and had no email, so I sent it to your name @mmorpg.com. I am not sure if that will work. So send me your email (that you have never had a ww2 account or trial on before) and I will make sure you are set up if you didn't get one.

Be sure to check junk mail folders. Address it comes from is [email protected]

I'm levsix on the Axis side , so feel free to send me a message (type /tell levsix hello) or you are also welcome to play Allied. Either way is fine, you are not obligated to play on the side I do! Most of all, have fun.

If anyone else wants to play, time is ticking, the offer expires January 6th! I have more than enough leftuntil that day. PM me here with your email!

Hey, thanks for the play time man. You rock!!

I'll be playing Axis...will give you a shout.

S!

Yeah, definitely say hi if you see me, or if you need a squad. This goes for any of you. I look forward to shooting some Frogs in the face with you!

Have a winner and don't go on a game over! Does your avatar make you powerful in real life? Check out the Mystical Enders gaming community. www.mysticalenders.com

• bananajoebananajoe Member Posts: 82
    Originally posted by levsix

Hey guys,

I've received over 60 mails and it is kind of hard to go through this thread and sift through it all, it's starting to become a job! Hahah.
    I tried to send one to all of you. Please keep in mind if you pm'd me I *did* send it. You must check your junk mail filters.
    You do not need to even check your mail if I submitted your address...
    Follow these directions:
    To activate your e-Gift Card, visit http://www.battlegroundeurope.com/giftcard
    You will need to provide account details and create a gamename for use while

playing.  Be sure to use <your e-mail address here> when

creating your account.

Offer closes tomorrow, so if  you do not write me iby PM tonight, you probably won't get one.

You are doing really a great job here, wow 60 e-mails holy moly and i thought most people just ask here in the forum . Anyway thx a lot here what you do for this community !

• paulp146paulp146 Member UncommonPosts: 36

I woke up this morning checked my email and visited the link but it is closed ,   thanks anyway levsix .

The last part has me confused though.

GIFT CARD DETAILS:

Game download- included

Premium game subscription- included

(2) months of gameplay- included

Please note that this Gift Card must be redeemed before ----> February 1, 2009.  <-----WTF??? and it is closed january 6th?  

• AuxerAuxer Member Posts: 115

just curious, this legal?

The tank that is born to tank!

• EridanixEridanix Member Posts: 426

I love WWIIOL but cannot pay for the sub as my economics are not doing well, if you can send me an invitation to [email protected]  Thanks in advance!

Great Job!

It is a question of fangs.

Originally posted by paulp146

I woke up this morning checked my email and visited the link but it is closed ,   thanks anyway levsix .

The last part has me confused though.

GIFT CARD DETAILS:

Game download- included

Premium game subscription- included

(2) months of gameplay- included

Please note that this Gift Card must be redeemed before ----> February 1, 2009.  <-----WTF??? and it is closed january 6th?  

USING the card is not closed. I just made a new account for a friend with a referral literally 1 minute ago. It still WORKS PERFECTLY.

http://www.battlegroundeurope.com/giftcard

SENDING the cards is closed. USING the card is valid until February 1. ALSO, three of my friends just used them today.

Go to the link above and enter the email address you received the referral to, otherwise it won't work. CREATE an account.  Don't know what else to add, but I guarantee they work but ONLY IF you received a card/referral.

As for the guy asking if it was even legal, Are you on drugs? Hahah. Just as current subscribers of other games can give buddy keys, that is what this is. You can give out 1,000 if you want, there is no limit, and that is/was precisely Cornered Rat Software's (game owner/developer) intention.

I can no longer give out cards, the promotion has closed. If you have ALREADY received one, you can use it up until February 1st, at which time it expires.

I was happy to help everyone out, I can no longer answer each email individually as the promotion has ended. Check out the 2 week trial if you're curious!

TAKE CARE GUYS!

• EridanixEridanix Member Posts: 426

Thanks anyway! i gave it a try with the New Year offer and I was completely amazed with the work that WWIIOL has been made on, with patches and graphics. I return to duty!

It is a question of fangs.

• PentamorphPentamorph Member Posts: 101

Yeah...game has come a long way since I last played it. I'm having a blast!

Although I forgot how raging pissed off this game can make me sometimes.

And it looks like they FINALLY got rid of the last of the old 2-d card-board cut-outs that were floating around in the game.

• playahplayah Member Posts: 9

There is still currently a 14 day free trial available to everyone who has not played before.

Click here to sign up.

https://secure.wwiionline.com/scripts/wwiionline/user/promo.jsps?joomla=true

• FlarinstarFlarinstar Member Posts: 84

i'd love to give it a try.... Please send me [email protected]

Looking for a new game to play

Thanks for all of the continued PMs but the promo has ended. As I also posted, you can still do a trial:

"Check out the 2 week trial if you're curious!"

• bigtime102bigtime102 Member UncommonPosts: 177

^^
    Thats not free requires a credit card and costs a buck liar.

• HodoHodo Member Posts: 542
    Originally posted by bigtime102

^^

Thats not free requires a credit card and costs a buck liar.

Dont take it out on the OP... thats something you should take up with CRS, and the amazing  playerbase.....

They are the reason why it costs a dollar. 

So much crap, so little quality.