Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMO Blues

marks4902marks4902 Member Posts: 133

Im one of those people that plays lots of mmos too many to go thru honestly one of my favorites was Planetside FFXI and EQ but those are dead now so now im a little stuck i have a 80 priest in WoW and i just feel a little bored with the game PvP on alliance is terrible  and i hate the 5hr runs for Naxx so ive decided that i wanna start playing something different....

so im between these other games, i can either play one of these or keep on truckin with WoW...im looking for some honest feedback and maybe even another recommendation of another game...

so im thinkin

AoC (i played it in beta and in release and it was buggy but i heard it got better)

WAR (i played this at release and it was fun but it turned into a grind around 30 and heard that it changed but i dont know for sure i also heard that they added some classes) 

EvE (i tried this game for a month felt like i got nothing accomplished and felt like i was way behind everyone else)

so pretty much im stuck i wanna play something new i feel like wow stole me away form everything else then i come back and get bored again ... i like games with pvp in it or a central pvp theme so let me know what u think no argueing lol im a first time poster so feel free to tear me to shreds but give me some advice along with it thanks everyone i look foward to your replies

Comments

• AbrahmmAbrahmm Member Posts: 2,448

Honestly, If you are tired of WoW than I don't think WAR or AoC are the answer as they are both cheap WoW knock offs. I didn't find either one fullfilling or worth the money in the least.

If your looking for a good change of pace, I would highly recommend Guild Wars to be honest.

Tried: LotR, CoH, AoC, WAR, Jumpgate Classic
    Played: SWG, Guild Wars, WoW
    Playing: Eve Online, Counter-strike
    Loved: Star Wars Galaxies
    Waiting for: Earthrise, Guild Wars 2, anything sandbox.

• marks4902marks4902 Member Posts: 133

ive played EQ 1 2 FFXI PS WoW GW FlyFF AoC WAR D2 DAoC EvE i mean ive pretty much tried them all i just dont really like games that are centered once core concept i like really open games that kinda why i liked the "concept" of eve but GW got boring for me pretty quick but i appreciate teh help i just wish something like Huxley came out allready or i could understand games like EvE better ... and wishi knew more about AoC or WAR

• spinach8puffspinach8puff Member CommonPosts: 864

I suggest Eternal Lands. Read this thread in the EL forums to get an idea of what it's about: Ten reasons you HAVE to play EL!. Ignore the screenshots on this website as they have not been updated yet. For other sandbox type games check out this page at Kreation's Edge Blog.

yeah i usually shy away from these free mmo games as they tend to intro those shops after people get addicted to them i was looking for something that has alot to offer crafting pvp and everything inbetween bc i dont  know if i wanna keep playing 2 mmos i appreciate the comments tho there all a big help im checking out the game u recommended it just seems like its just runescape in the making

• DjfusionDjfusion Member Posts: 186

You seem like you like the whole idea and such of Eve, it took me 3 trials before i decided i loved the game. Maybe try again? Find a corp and cool people, i gave it a few chances and now im NEVER going back to WoW ;)

yeah but i think i need a really populated corp and a mentor sadly most people i met in ever werent willing to help

• Howler54Howler54 Member UncommonPosts: 133

I suggest trying them both out if there are any trials or buddy keys. They are pretty different.

Good luck :)

P.S There are a bunch of helpful corps in Eve, they can be pretty hard to find though. I started playing about a month ago, first corp I joined was very helpful and answered all my questions, and I'm still in that same corp :)

well the first mmo i played was eq and ffxi so im really into complex mmos with intense crafting systems and indepth play systems and a good community....and pvp honestly im looking for a ffxi game with something that just dosent take a grind to get all the way to max level but eve still intrigues me bc its like all of those games.. but i definately wanna try eve but i still wanna keep an eye open for something else as well.. u just dont know whats out there.. so anyone thats ina good eve corp maybe message me as well

• nikoliathnikoliath Member UncommonPosts: 1,154

I know how you feel. I keep bouncing in and out of WoW atm.. In the last 2 weeks I have tried,

EvE - returned on the free offer. played this a few times over the years, had 3 accounts - closed, I love the concept and freedom, but it can be boring.

VsoH - Free until jan 22. Logged in twice on my old cleric. This game is EPIC, it even feels epic, but sadly EU population seems below dead. Not logged in again. The idea of playing in a game that is dying seemed a wasted effort.

EQ2 - I attempted to beta this during closed beta, but my machine really couldnt run it well enough back in the day but did buy it in 2005. I returned for EoF and enjoyed it for a short while. Just resubbed and currently enjoying this game. Possibly one of the best MMO's on the market right now and worth a look!

Also playing WWII online, free until jan 22 for old account holders like me. Good fun and a nice change of pace.

yeah as i said before i think im gunna try another game i have a 80 priest in wow that i pvp with and im just not interested in him any more i think im going to try AoC even tho ive been told not to the BS class looks fun warhammer just looks like a WoW clone so im not interested in that and EvE looks like it just takes too long to get started i heard if u wanna make a character good u have to spend a month alone on learning skills!!! thats crazy for a game thats so free and open its like school work for a month atleast so i dont know about that one now but i hear AoC has so many problems its rediculous... i just wish Huxley would come out and it would solve all my problems lol... but i will be on AoC today and give it a try but it dosent look promising

• SynxVIISynxVII Member Posts: 168

I would suggest giving darkfall a try, its released in about a month. The game is a sandbox like eve but with combat that sounds more exciting.

yeah i saw that game is it going to be a paid mmo or a free and will it be in stored or digital DL id like to know a little more about it but it does look like fun and what is teh ETA for the release?

• spinach8puffspinach8puff Member CommonPosts: 864

It will have a monthly subscription, it will be a digital download, and the EU version is said to release sometime in Jan. this coming year. No ETA on NA version, but people from NA will be able to download and play on the EU servers.

• CalibanvovCalibanvov Member UncommonPosts: 192

To the original poster. 

I played AoC for a few months.  Honestly, it should of been a single player game.  It plays just like one and I heard that comment ALOt when I was playing.  If you want a month of entertainment, try AoC, but you will quickly see that it does not have depth.

WAR I cannot personally comment on, but I can say I've known a few to play it and like it.  But 2 months later, their not playing it now.

I've been playing City of Heros/Villains.  It is my "stop gap" mmo.  The one I always come back too. When something new comes out, I play that for a while, and then go back to it.  Its always steadily improving too.

I recomend you try that or sounds like you might like Vanguard.