Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tech Help!

ezjay1975ezjay1975 Member UncommonPosts: 131

Alright guys have a couple upgrading questions. Just bought a gaming laptop and wondering how diffcult ( and expensive) it would be to upgrade it. Spent $700 on itand looking to spend no more than another $500 on upgrades. Heres my questions:

Can i upgrade the processor? and if I can how fast can I get to?

Is the Hard Drive fast enough for gaming over the next couple of years?

Should I look in to get faster memory?

Any other suggestions would be helpful. Here's the link for the specs on it

explore.toshiba.com/laptops/qosmio/X305/X305-Q701

Thanks guys.

Comments

• SheistaSheista Member UncommonPosts: 1,203

More RAM, and upgrade to Vista Ultimate x64 instead of Home.  As far as performance goes, after the RAM upgrade, your processor is what's going to bottleneck the performance of the machine.  I'm not familiar with laptop hardware though, so I don't know how much that would be.

• XemousXemous Member Posts: 255

Its fine for gaming.  Although laptops in general are not gamers best friends.  Should of gotten a better desktop computer for cheaper from newegg.

The processor and videocard could use a little bump, and ram is the last thing you need.

• DraenorDraenor Member UncommonPosts: 7,918

Yeah the only two things that I would recommend bumping at all are the graphics card and processor...you don't need more RAM, like...at all, 4 gigs of DDR3 will last you for awhile.

The problem will be finding stuff that actually fits in your laptop, I've never made a laptop myself, since they scare me.

Your argument is like a two legged dog with an eating disorder...weak and unbalanced.

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412

Laptops aren't as upgradeable as a Desktop.  Typically the only piece of hardware you can upgrade is your ram and HDD.  There are a few notebook manufacturers that are making modular laptops, however they are not supported enough to offer a wide range of hardware.