Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need Tech Help!!

ezjay1975ezjay1975 Member UncommonPosts: 131

Alright guys have a couple upgrading questions. Just bought a gaming laptop and wondering how diffcult ( and expensive) it would be to upgrade it. Spent $700 on itand looking to spend no more than another $500 on upgrades. Heres my questions:

Can i upgrade the processor? and if I can how fast can I get to?

Is the Hard Drive fast enough for gaming over the next couple of years?

Should I look in to get faster memory?

Any other suggestions would be helpful. Here's the link for the specs on it

explore.toshiba.com/laptops/qosmio/X305/X305-Q701

Thanks guys.

Comments

• AbrahmmAbrahmm Member Posts: 2,448
    Originally posted by ezjay1975

Alright guys have a couple upgrading questions. Just bought a gaming laptop and wondering how diffcult ( and expensive) it would be to upgrade it. Spent $700 on itand looking to spend no more than another $500 on upgrades. Heres my questions:

Can i upgrade the processor? and if I can how fast can I get to?
    Is the Hard Drive fast enough for gaming over the next couple of years?
    Should I look in to get faster memory?
    Any other suggestions would be helpful. Here's the link for the specs on it

explore.toshiba.com/laptops/qosmio/X305/X305-Q701

Thanks guys.

Hard drive speed isn't important and you don't need to upgrade for it. Your memory is already fast, but memory speed isn't that important, capacity is more important. I don't know if you can upgrade a laptop processor(I don't know how to) but I don't think you need to.

Tried: LotR, CoH, AoC, WAR, Jumpgate Classic
    Played: SWG, Guild Wars, WoW
    Playing: Eve Online, Counter-strike
    Loved: Star Wars Galaxies
    Waiting for: Earthrise, Guild Wars 2, anything sandbox.

• Stuka1000Stuka1000 Member UncommonPosts: 955

Save your money mate, the machine you have will see you through the next couple of years.  After that invest the money you have saved by not upgrading into a new one.

• DarwaDarwa Member UncommonPosts: 2,181
    Originally posted by eric1000

Save your money mate, the machine you have will see you through the next couple of years.  After that invest the money you have saved by not upgrading into a new one.

The man speaks sense!

Lots of people go crazy for big numbers and such when it comes to computers, but when it comes down to it, home computing technology isn't progressing anywhere near as fast as the sellers would have you believe.

Like eric said, just wait a couple of years and buy a new system - your current one will be in dire need of a cleaning by then anyway

• bojinxbojinx Member Posts: 172

I  would wait a few years before upgrading.  The  longer you wait to upgrade, better the parts will be available at a cheaper price.

To help you feel more at ease, my computer is 5 years old and your computer would smoke mine in every category :)

Just make sure to keep your drivers updated, defrag the hard drive occasionally, and get a program (free) to remove old / useless junk files.