Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

free trial

i like to try out this game. where can i find the free trial?

Comments

• WSIMikeWSIMike Member Posts: 5,564

Go to this link:

http://www.finalfantasyxi.com/

and click on the Trial button in the bottom right corner. You'll need a FilePlanet account (if you don't already have one) to download it. It's free for the basic subscription, though, so no worries there.

By the way.. Like your avatar. Lineage 2 DE ... Pretty cool CGI movie, too.

"If you just step away for a sec you will clearly see all the pot holes in the road,
    and the cash shop selling asphalt..."
    - Mimzel on F2P/Cash Shops

• Victory11Victory11 Member Posts: 1
    Originally posted by WSIMike

Go to this link:
    http://www.finalfantasyxi.com/
    and click on the Trial button in the bottom right corner. You'll need a FilePlanet account (if you don't already have one) to download it. It's free for the basic subscription, though, so no worries there.
    By the way.. Like your avatar. Lineage 2 DE ... Pretty cool CGI movie, too.

I have the same question. thanks for that, i will try it.

• binary_0011binary_0011 Member Posts: 528

oh shrug, the trial is for North America only....

• ic0n67ic0n67 Member Posts: 776
    Originally posted by binary_0011

oh shrug, the trial is for North America only....

you can play the NA version anywhere. I know plenty of people who played the NA version in England before the EU version. No real difference, you just need to import the expansions or just buy the EU version later. You can use any content id on any version of the game (i kinda made that up, but I am pretty sure it is true)

or you can look here: http://ff11europe.com/index_en.html and I can't read Kanji to be able to translate the JP site to see if they have a free trial there.

• binary_0011binary_0011 Member Posts: 528

no dude, i cant download the trail, it is for NA only. i know you can play in NA.   but the trial is for NA...period.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

You sound like so many others,you are just going in blind.You will struggle bigtime,if yo udo not do some homework before you enter.Do you even know the job you want to play.

Anyhow,just use a proxy and you can d/l the game.It is VERY hard to find,but if yo udo it is super cheap,i think even here in canada i remember seeing the whole package for like 30 bucks.The original version is like 10 bucks.

FFXI will not play like WOW,so like i said if you do not do some reading before hand and know what to expect,you will be frustrated and complain.Most will not even know the simplest thing ,like where to get their spells from,or how to use the AH.They will not understand just how expensive the economy is for a new player.Macros,someone needs to teach new players macros,just too much info needed,before diving in.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.