Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free trade?

behindtheedbehindtheed Member Posts: 66

Since they've removed free trade, and added value limitations based on quest points, I've honestly lost complete interest in the game.

RS used to be something I might mess around with when I was bored, maybe with a few friends, but after they added this features where you can only lose 5k an hour, aswell as taking out wilderness pvp, it has essentially become a single player game with chat room aspects.

The reason they've implimented this feature, as they say, is because the massive amounts of gold selling and buying which was going on in the game. As I heard, it was somewhere around 2.3 million dollars US worth of runescape gold being sold yearly.  I agree that this is a serious problem, and systems should be implimented to prevent it, but in the end slaughtering a core aspect of their game, so to prevent gold buying was not worth it.

Runescape needs to ask themselves if they lose more customors removing their decent pvp system, and free trade, or if they lose more people because of gold selling. In my opinion they'd be better off restoring the previous state of the game.

My question to you guys is, do you think there's any hope they'll bring back free trade and wilderness - and do you think they should?

Comments

• Palo_godPalo_god Member UncommonPosts: 171

They didn’t remove free trade because of gold sellers, they removed free trade because they wanted to bring in a new audience for the game. Jagex wanted to dumb down the game for little kids, all you have to do is look at their new updates and its easy to conclude why they’re doing what they are doing. If jagex wanted to get rid of gold sellers all they would have to do is make Email verification and only let two new accounts per week, per email.

As to your question jagex will never bring back free trade, the old wilderness, or 1v1 unlimited staking as much as I want them to bring it back. The only way any of those will come back is if jagex sells runescape to a different company(which I hope happens).

• behindtheedbehindtheed Member Posts: 66
    Originally posted by Palo_god

They didn’t remove free trade because of gold sellers, they removed free trade because they wanted to bring in a new audience for the game. Jagex wanted to dumb down the game for little kids, all you have to do is look at their new updates and its easy to conclude why they’re doing what they are doing. If jagex wanted to get rid of gold sellers all they would have to do is make Email verification and only let two new accounts per week, per email.
    As to your question jagex will never bring back free trade, the old wilderness, or 1v1 unlimited staking as much as I want them to bring it back. The only way any of those will come back is if jagex sells runescape to a different company(which I hope happens).

Though alot of their player base is younger children, they specifically said that they introduced the update so to prevent gold selling. I'm inclined to believe this. They've only lost customors since the update, and adults are more likely to be paying members.

• Palo_godPalo_god Member UncommonPosts: 171
    Originally posted by behindtheed
    Though alot of their player base is younger children, they specifically said that they introduced the update so to prevent gold selling. I'm inclined to believe this. They've only lost customors since the update, and adults are more likely to be paying members.

I don’t believe jagex on that for a second. Jagex had countless threads on their forums with literally hundreds of ways that would stop rwt without limiting the game but jagex chose the worst option, and with their announcement of parental control options only reinforces my beliefs on their intentions with all the downgrades. The updates haven’t even hindered the amount of in-game currency the gold sellers sell and jagex knows this, yet they fail to reverse the downgrades.

• BlisseyBlissey Member Posts: 515

Resurrection of free trade and free wilderness? Out of the question..totally