Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for specific advice to start

SeekBlissSeekBliss Member Posts: 2

I played in the Lineage II open beta and for a few months after launch.  Then WoW come out and all my friends were playing that, so I joined them.

Anyhow, I've been fairly hardcore at WoW, for whatever that means, and really, Wrath of the Lich King has absolutely destroyed it.

I'm looking for another MMO to play, and while I remember Lineage II being a massive grindfest, I also remember it being a beautiful world, and your accomplishments actually meaning something.

Anyhow, when I played before, i was on a desktop PC back in 2005.  Now I'm on a MacBook Pro, and to play Lineage II would mean I would have to upgrade to OSX Leopard so I can dual-boot Windows, which makes it a $100.00 or so expense to start playing Lineage II again.  Otherwise, I'd have reactivated already and seen for myself.  I also can't ask on the offcial L2 forums, because they require an active account.

I'm looking for fairly specific advice.  I'll probably be on Bartz, unless there are server queue times or something, or unless someone recommends a better North American server.  Is Bartz overcrowded?  Or are the other servers desolate?  How bad is the farming and bots?

Secondly, I need some leveling advice.  I'd like to get to 50+ as quickly as possible, then I'll start to play a little more casually. 

Hopefully these are easy to answer questions, so:

What Dark Elf classes are best for finding a group with?

What Dark Elf classes are best for solo play?

What level do I need to be to begin to play with high-end guilds, mostly PvP content?  60?

I hope to join a clan fairly early on, ~ level 30.  I can get to 20 in a day, I did that right when they introduced the newbie benefits.

I am leaning towards Dark Elf Mystic>Wizard>Summoner>Spectral Master.  My friend's uncle played Lineage II hardcore and was the highest Dark Elf Summoner on his server at the time, and I really enjoyed the playstyle, or the idea that your summoned pet was actually the one doing the fighting, and that it was many times more baddass than you.

On the other hand, what buffs would I want to use while leveling?  Would dual-boxing a buffer be a good idea, and if so, what race/class?  I probably won't dual-box, unless it significantly reduces leveling time.

Thanks!

Comments

• arunasmearunasme Member UncommonPosts: 129

Hi, welcome back, first the server, well you have to know that Lineage 2 has seen better days, even with all those expansions going out the population isnt what it used to be. I dont play on NA servers but people say that the most crouded server is Pheonix.

Bots? Well Lineage is  Grindage so ( my opinion ) almost 80% of the servers bots.

Leveling to 50? Uhm... Well if you use a bot 24/7 and start from sratch and have someone to buy the 2class transfer items you would prolly get there in about 3-4 days maybe even less.

Group ? Well depens of what of group you are looking for. You can find a group to exp with mostly any de class, except maybe the tank. If you are a Shilen Elder/Blade Dancer dd's will want you, if you are a DD the supports will want ya etc.

Well if you look at Solo as leaving a bot to grind over night than safer would prolly be a blade dancer/tank/archer | Mages run out of mana and you will prolly get screwed right away. If you find a recharger to go along the ofc a mage, I dont think theres really a best solo class, depends on what equip/buffs you will have and how you plan to play that class.

What level do I need to be to begin to play with high-end guilds, mostly PvP content? 60?

Well on my server EURO Teon the so called HIGH END only recruit people who are 76 and above + have S grade.(and ofc. a subclass).

For the summoner i have nothing to say, i hate summoners mostly because ( of you pointed out) they do all the work and well... you just stay,watch,heal( oh wait? DE summoner? Well they got a nuke hehe so i guess they arent so bad now)

Yes when you hit 62+ you will need a buffer and it will most definetly speed up leveling. For DD classes i would recomend a WarCryer. Prophet/Shilen Elder goess alsow.

Hope it helps.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 30,233
    Originally posted by arunasme

Hi, welcome back, first the server, well you have to know that Lineage 2 has seen better days, even with all those expansions going out the population isnt what it used to be. I dont play on NA servers but people say that the most crouded server is Pheonix.
    Bots? Well Lineage is  Grindage so ( my opinion ) almost 80% of the servers bots.
    Leveling to 50? Uhm... Well if you use a bot 24/7 and start from sratch and have someone to buy the 2class transfer items you would prolly get there in about 3-4 days maybe even less.
    Group ? Well depens of what of group you are looking for. You can find a group to exp with mostly any de class, except maybe the tank. If you are a Shilen Elder/Blade Dancer dd's will want you, if you are a DD the supports will want ya etc.
    Well if you look at Solo as leaving a bot to grind over night than safer would prolly be a blade dancer/tank/archer | Mages run out of mana and you will prolly get screwed right away. If you find a recharger to go along the ofc a mage, I dont think theres really a best solo class, depends on what equip/buffs you will have and how you plan to play that class.
    What level do I need to be to begin to play with high-end guilds, mostly PvP content? 60?
    Well on my server EURO Teon the so called HIGH END only recruit people who are 76 and above + have S grade.(and ofc. a subclass).
    For the summoner i have nothing to say, i hate summoners mostly because ( of you pointed out) they do all the work and well... you just stay,watch,heal( oh wait? DE summoner? Well they got a nuke hehe so i guess they arent so bad now)
    Yes when you hit 62+ you will need a buffer and it will most definetly speed up leveling. For DD classes i would recomend a WarCryer. Prophet/Shilen Elder goess alsow.
    Hope it helps.

Actually, the dark elf spellhowler is one of the premiere solo classes in the game. (mage class).

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • jhall229jhall229 Member Posts: 239

Hello just my two cents here.  Unless you are dead set on being a nuker or summoner, I'd go with dagger.  They are easy to lvl and you can get cheap common weapons all the way to A grade that work well.  Nukers have a lot of downtime if you solo and they usually end up making less money since you kill harder mobs and end of killing less of them.

I havent tried summoners but I hear they are great for soloing.  But melee=more money from my experiences

You get newbie buffs up to 61 now if you didnt know.

Bartz is not what it used to be but it's still a good server to play on.  Let me know if you do.

• BluppBlupp Member Posts: 131

Hello there and welcome to the world of Lineage!

First of all, an NA server is not required. Sure the times for sieges is more suitable for u if u play on a NA server but apart from that there wont be much diff since there are many american playing on Euro servers aswell.

Now ur questions.

What class is best for finding partys?

Well I would say non if u are abover lvl 40. Before lvl 40 clanless ppl team up pretty much and raid togehter but after that most ppl get a clan and all the teaming is done inside the clan. L2 is a very political game, u cant really team up with whomever if u have a clan, and if u dont have a clan u wont find any teams. But IF it all depends on what kind of team they are making and for what purpose. In raids for example nukers and healers are desired (and 1 tank). Since very many players have 2nd accounts with a buffer Im sorry to say that buffers inst very needed, but at same time a "live" healer/buffer is always welcome for some specific assignments.

If u have a clan that is nice u will get party no matter what class u are. But pre 40 I would say nuker is the best way to get a team.

Regarding the solo play.

Many ppl are soloing with their 2nd account buffer. With a buffed char almost all of the classes are decent in soloing. But without buffs I would say a tank (shilien Knight) or a summoner is best.

Clans and PvP?

U will prolly get a clan pretty easy when u are 20+. Cause if the clan invites u to their academy they will get something called reputation points once u are lvl 40 and finish second class transfer (with rep points u lvl up a clan).

U can PvP when u are just a baby but I would say u will have to be atleast lvl 61 before u start to make any contribution at all in high-lvl pvp/sieges.

Well this was some of my thoughts and opinions I hope it helps u. Btw u seem to be interested in summoner. Ohantom Summoners now also have a decent nuke that will help u in battle (death spike).

Have fun!