Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stories

vito11vito11 Member UncommonPosts: 34

I started this game two plus years ago I think. I played on and off, so I am still a newb. After joining a mining corp, I sort of regretted it.Our first five hour mining op I was mining the feld, and put my combat equipment in a container. Which was very dumb.. We were in a space protected by a few allied kick-ass ships, so I was not scared of losing anything. I was laying down "resting" on the lazy boy and next thing I know i fell asleep. I woke up four hours later, with my container gone and my ship destroyed. I was very pissed, but I was told that the corp member was just messing with me, so I found out the corp leader picked up my wreck and cargo container[He still tried to deny it] . I still lost my ship and a few parts, but my main stuff was there thanks corp leader.

Moral: Dont sleep on a mining op...

Can anyone tell me some of your stories?

Comments

• damian7damian7 Member Posts: 4,449

um, this one time, in gate camp... i went to a neighboring .5 and saw an alt spy... and i shot at it in my frig, from the gate camp... and these angry gallente guys blew up my frig and the alt spy called me a noob... and then left the system.

could we please get correspondent writers and moderators, on the eve forum at mmorpg.com, who are well-versed on eve-online and aren't just passersby pushing buttons? pretty please?

• EschiavaEschiava Member Posts: 485

Once, when I was can flipping in a rifter, I spotted an osprey mining into a jetcan.  Yes!  An ideal target for me!

I approached the can, opened it, it was full of ore just as it should be, so I flipped the can.  As soon as I did the osprey began targeting me and I started to target him.  He scrambled me, and as soon as he did his 2 cloaked corpmates uncloaked and melted my rifter fast!

Too bad I failed to do my intel, I went in blind, oblivious to the fact he had corpmates in system.

Oh well, you win some and lose some!  But after my ship popped I still commended him on a well laid and enticing trap.  I even LOLed when his corpmates uncloaked, even though I knew I would be toast in a few seconds.

It's what makes EVE exciting!

• NicoliNicoli Member Posts: 1,312

I once tried to rep a NPC rat with Shield Maint bots because i forgot to switch out my drone loadout from when I was helping a corp mate practice running missions solo... sadly I was in high-sec in my CNR that went for about 800million isk at the time.

• cosycosy Member UncommonPosts: 3,228

i almost lost a maticore when made some can fliping i got some 2 hulks one escaped and a drake warped on that belt -lucky me i got dampeners
    moral: before make can fliping i set -1 victim corp and check local :D

BestSigEver :P

• TaramTaram Member CommonPosts: 1,700

Hrm...

Best story I can think of off the top of my head is a time when I was living in the RHG cluster and was on an alt mining away in her Hulk (which had a pretty impressive faction shield tank setup).

There I are, mining away happily when we get word that a hostile vaga is in the area. I decide to get cute and stayed put in the belt. Sure enough a few minutes later the vagabond shows up and decides to tackle me.

I calmly announced in intel channel that I was locked down by a vaga... much to my amusement my entire alliance starts berating me for being in a belt in a hulk (of all things) when known hostiles are around. I calmly tell them to just shut up and get here within the next 5 minutes or so... LOL.... the FC, who knows me, started laughing on Teamspeak and sends the tacklers for the fleet my way.

Meanwhile the Vaga is finding out my shiny hulk isn't such an easy target. I haven't launched my warrior II drones at him yet (still have my miners out) nor have I slapped the point on him either. But my tank is holding... I notice the tacklers arrive in system and immediately slap my point on his vaga and pull in my miner drones (since I'm sitting less than 1km from a rock this doesn't take long) and put my warrior II's out.

At this point the Vaga realizes he's in a world of shit as two interceptors arrive and web him down, then our rapier decloaks and locks him down too.

A short while later the entire fleet is on him and the vagabond is dead and the entire alliance is laughing in TS about the vaga that couldn't kill a hulk in under 5 minutes.

True story :)

Unfortunately I got spammed off the kill-mail since I was doing jack diddly for dmg :( (this was back when they were still mails)

"A ship-of-war is the best ambassador." - Oliver Cromwell

• JDGalisJDGalis Member UncommonPosts: 143

Took out 3 ElectronicFrigates,and 2 Assault Ships, in a time period of 3 hours in 0.0 by myself in a stealth bomber.. Believe it was RQH outside of Placid, a corp or alli had a bubble on a gate. I just luckily warped in when the ships were outside the bubble.

About 2-3 months so before the Missle nerf :P

Introducing the best signature ever!

[signature] Best Signature [/signature]

• TaramTaram Member CommonPosts: 1,700

Originally posted by JDGalis
    Took out 3 ElectronicFrigates,and 2 Assault Ships, in a time period of 3 hours in 0.0 by myself in a stealth bomber.. Believe it was RQH outside of Placid, a corp or alli had a bubble on a gate. I just luckily warped in when the ships were outside the bubble.
    About 2-3 months so before the Missle nerf :P

It's fun when corps/alliances deploy bubbles then don't stick enough ships on the gate to prevent stealth bombers from using it against them :)

Since the missile nerf sb's suck though :( They need a boost, bigtime.

"A ship-of-war is the best ambassador." - Oliver Cromwell

• batolemaeusbatolemaeus Member CommonPosts: 2,061

I saw a guy in a stealthbomber picking people from one of our jumpbridges.

Our jumpbridges are, i might add, very uncomfortable places. Faction small artillery that have a very short locktime.

Yet, het made drive-bys, popping ceptors, frigates, haulers..

Balls of stell i say. I had my t1 frigate, tried to look like a juicy target. When he took the bait, my condor sped up. The first volley ripped me into hull, when i got a point on him.

Then he slapped his sensor damps on me, and i lost lock. 1 second later, he was away. :(

Stealthbombers were really fun things. Hope they get some devlove soon.

• JaedeJaede Member Posts: 4

The first time I was able to fly a Battleship (don't ask me I don't remember how long ago that was), I was helping my corp mates take out a POS in high sec (that was boring).  I was AP in and out of low sec (I was trying to catch it before because I had other things to do).  I fell asleep in mid transit and found when I woke up that I was in low sec being nailed by who ever.  Well, i tried to get out of there and my computer crashed.

That was the last time I ever AP again and never insured my ships......