Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question before return

corechambercorechamber Member UncommonPosts: 148

Hello all, I was thing about playing UO again until I see how Darkfall turns out. I had quit UO just as thing where going carebear  and started play EQ but I have never got the same felling I did from you UO, mostly the control I felt with char developement , and I loved the crafting. What I want to know is crafting stil useful in the game as it once was, I was able to use and sell all of the stuff I could make. Can I still do that?

Comments

• obiiobii Member UncommonPosts: 804

Not really.

Since the AOS expansion UO went the Diablo  way of items replace skills.

You can craft decent items, but as you now have 'insurance' no one loses anything and crafters are for the most part useless.

Better wait for Darkfall or Mortal Online or Earthrise or fallen Earth which all claim to have full crafting.

Else consider EVE.

• HolaHolaHolaHola Member Posts: 68

I still play UO. But no, don't come back for the crafting system. Won't be cool again before the SA release sometime in 2009!

Playing: League of Legends!

• FockerFocker Member Posts: 344

agree, dont come  back for crafting unless you like crafting items for yourself.  I was actually playing on my brothers account  today who just started playing after 5 years again.  While playing I often wondered what the point was of helping him build up his skills.  Never knowing if the skill will even be usable anytime soon, or even if the game will still be around.