Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fill 'Er Up

Interesting little story.    

How a Beverly Hills doctor powered his SUV using his patients' spare tires.

Liposuctioning unwanted blubber out of pampered Los Angelenos may not seem like a dream job, but it has its perks. Free fuel is one of them.

For a time, Beverly Hills doctor Craig Alan Bittner turned the fat he removed from patients into biodiesel that fueled his Ford SUV and his girlfriend's Lincoln Navigator.

Using fat to fuel cars might be environmentally friendly, but it's definitely illegal in California to use human medical waste to power vehicles, and Bittner is being investigated by the state's public health department.

www.forbes.com/technology/2008/12/21/fat-fuel-biodiesel-tech-sciences-cz_pcb_1222fatfuel.html

Comments

• HYPERI0NHYPERI0N Member Posts: 3,515

Human biodiesel

What a fool he was.

Another great example of Moore's Law. Give people access to that much space (developers and users alike) and they'll find uses for it that you can never imagine. "640K ought to be enough for anybody" - Bill Gates 1981

• IlliusIllius Member UncommonPosts: 4,142

It's like that stuff from Fight Club.  They used the fat collected from liposuction patients to make soap.

No required quests! And if I decide I want to be an assassin-cartographer-dancer-pastry chef who lives only to stalk and kill interior decorators, then that's who I want to be, even if it takes me four years to max all the skills and everyone else thinks I'm freaking nuts. -Madimorga-

• BigdavoBigdavo Member UncommonPosts: 1,863

I give him props for the idea, but its kinda sick to use Human matter.

O_o o_O

• dlooneydlooney Member Posts: 306
    Originally posted by Illius

It's like that stuff from Fight Club.  They used the fat collected from liposuction patients to make soap.

I have to say whenever I think of that soap I always look at my soap and shiver.