Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Denial?

Discuss!

Comments

• paulscottpaulscott Member Posts: 5,613

The competitors being A tale in the desert? wurmonline?   Even if darkfall releases it probably won't be what the fanbase would be looking for.

The whole micro-world management where one player can affect the world.   Rather than macro-world management through groups/guilds only where darkfall (and currently EvE) aim(s) to sate the appetites of pure PvPers.

I find it amazing that by 2020 first world countries will be competing to get immigrants.

• AllTheZiosAllTheZios Member Posts: 54
    Originally posted by Romancandle

Discuss!

There is no discussion. When the announcement was made regarding an interview with KFR in which he made mention of designing a virtual world, and how he succeeded, we knew we were duped. We were suckered into an investment scheme. All of our crying and whining for more features or bugfixes had no meaning.

Our constant patience with the lack of development had no point at all. We didnt know it at the time, but we were just tools to be used for money-harvesting. KFR sucks. I'm a total dick, and even I wouldn't do those things to a community of loyal fans.

• KingArthur89KingArthur89 Member Posts: 5

KFR's increasing pride is getting to be more than a simple annoyance. He needs to keep his head down for a moment, because clearly he's out of touch with the Roma Victor players (the community).  Most of the RV players have already quit, it's like KFR is in denial indeed of the situation, because if he pays any attention to the forums at all, it would be very clear.

By the way, in case you're completely unaware, I was suspended for "two weeks" and it's been three so far, probably going onto four very soon. The reason was because I shared the password for one of my characters, with a player who then not so coincidentally stole a Roman legion signum or standard by exploiting. While I accepted my suspension at first, I'm not too pleased with the way things are going now.

-King Arthur

• KatrarKatrar Member Posts: 168

I recently discovered the existence of this game and it strikes me as a very interesting concept. But this talk of duplicitous devs, etc worries me. We've seen this all before many times. Is RV something worth looking into here in 2009? Or is it probably better to keep moving along.

I recognize I am probably opening a can of worms here, but I'd like honest replies. If there are negative aspects to this game's development, community and future I'd probably rather not go any further than this forum.

Thanks and happy gaming. 

• TzitzimimeTzitzimime Member Posts: 15

This is Grendel's Mother everyone.

Want to talk about denial?

Gally, the new Roma Victor yes-man just deleted my first post ever. At least I think it was my first censorship, despite all the hard things I have said to KFR over the years. The reason? I thanked Gally, but said his answers in the Q&A were very indirect. I told him after three years of waiting for specific advertised skills, I do not want to hear how things are still in the works and everything will be implemented eventually.

Then I directly asked him if he is allowed to tell us "no", since everything everyone is asking for in the Q&A is being confirmed, without any tangible details or hard data. Apparently this may have hit a nerve.

So I ask all current Roma Victor players, please read again all the double talk Gally is feeding us in this sham Q&A. RedBedlam hired another unpaid volunteer, probably again with promises of a future wage. Except he only knows how to smile and nod, and do not expect half the honesty that Kanoth and FishMuffin would give us. Gally is not a community representative to the devs, he is customer service hired to quiet you. Watch as he consoles and calms the angry mob, everything is possible dear Roma Victor players, all your wishes will come true in due time...

• TzitzimimeTzitzimime Member Posts: 15

Katrar, Roma Victor is indeed very interesting. It is a unique and one of a kind MMORPG, but there are consequences because of this.

The game itself is a brutal representation of ancient life, running on a bare bones engine. There is no other game like it, but the gameplay itself is often very lacking and life for your character will be very difficult.

The Features Page on the Roma Victor site is misleading, as it advertises all sorts of features we have never seen. You will have to ask the community very specific questions for whatever it is you want to know, because the players are one of the game's best qualities now and I doubt anyone would steer you wrong.

Most importantly though, the dev team is two or three men at best, and this means very slow development. KFR is the mastermind behind the curtains, but he is victim to his own ambitions. He has lots of dreams for this game, but things never seem to go as planned. I suggest you wait to sample the free trial server, which we are told is coming soon...

• KatrarKatrar Member Posts: 168

I appreciate the response. I have participated in games of similar management, niche productions run by small teams (or single developers) that for various reasons fall short.

I'll keep my eyes open for a trial server and may take a look if one comes along in the future.

Thanks again.